Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
How games obsessed are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How obsessed with games are you?
  I not obsessed at all, I'm not a loser!
  I like to indulge in my habit once in a while.
  I love games lots, but I am a sane person.
  Games and oxygen are the same thing to me!
View Results

Demidom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:13 am
I've been playing games like nobody business since I was five years old back when the regular gameboy and NES were all the rage. I'm twenty four turning twenty five now.

I play games every day, usually most of the day when I'm not putting around on the computer. The only thing that keeps me away are food, work, and the usual smoke break. And I've been out of work for the past couple weeks so I've been gaming non stop.

I love RPGs, Shooters (third person more than first), and those GTA games. GTA 2 was probably the best one out of all of them.

The games I've played the most is Gears of War. Played that game on my 360 for a year and a half. Got out of my Gears shape when my xbox broke a month and a half ago. I have all but 4 achievements on it. Yes I have my seriously. (10,000 kills in ranked games total. Actually took me about 13,000 to get it.)

I'm really into MGO right now. Metal Gear Solid 4's online mode, Metal Gear Online. I'm addicted to that like crazy right now. On my third and fourth characters because I get bored with mine and delete and remake.

I have all three next gen systems at my house. I own a Xbox 360 and a PS3. While my brother owns a Xbox 360 and a Wii. We play Gear together online a lot when we are not taking turns on my PS3 with MGO.

I'm kinda OCD on certain things with gaming. My games must be in my cases whenever not in use. Even back in the cases when I'm restarting the system or only leaving for for 10 or 15 minutes. The only time I leave the system on with the game in the system is when I'm going out for a cigarette really quick.

I have to have my main controller for the system on top of my games when not in use and I get annoyed at my friends when they try to play my games and they stand out in the open looking the wrong way. Even made a mess around account on MGO so my friends could play without messing up my stats.

Online game play is a must for me. I have to have it.

The games I'm looking forward to right now is Diablo III, Gears of War 2, and possibly Fable 2. Never played the first but it looks good.

I'm not really into horror games, but crazy gore in games I love, although I'm not too big of a fan of seeing blood in real life.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:21 pm
Quote:
I have all three next gen systems at my house. I own a Xbox 360 and a PS3. While my brother owns a Xbox 360 and a Wii.

I am all for owning all consoles, but do you and bro live together? If so, isn't 2 Xboxes a little excessive? I just hope you bought it with you hard earned money. (Sorry to mention this, but it irritates the hell out of me when parents shower their kids in expensive items for no reason, which is why I hope you earned it yourself or got it for ur birthday or something!)

Quote:
My games must be in my cases whenever not in use. Even back in the cases when I'm restarting the system or only leaving for for 10 or 15 minutes. The only time I leave the system on with the game in the system is when I'm going out for a cigarette really quick.

Wow, I consider my console to be a case! As long as my disc is safe and not collecting dust. I often press pause on my game to go watch a tv show, then come back to it, though having the power to turn on/off your console via the controller is useful.

Quote:
I'm not too big of a fan of seeing blood in real life.

Agreed. I abhore violence in real life, war games cannot render the grief felt by people in real life, however I was annoyed that you couldn't lop of limbs in Assassin's Creed.  

Undine Mystic

brushgoddess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:22 am
I like games,but I'm a semi-sane person XD. I still act kind of crazy,but that would be from lack of sleep.Sometimes I do stay up till 3 in the morning playing games I've beaten once before.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:26 pm
LIVES. GET SOME. xd xd xd xd

but i like runescape the best biggrin  

tehdrummer

Mezzo_Forte

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:23 pm
User Image

Do tattoos come into mind?
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:33 pm
Well....I really don't know right now. But after the new computer is built, we'll see.  

KRaZyAmmo

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:54 pm
tehdrummer
LIVES. GET SOME. xd xd xd xd

but i like runescape the best biggrin

First of all, WHY DON'T YOU!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:58 pm
I play until the game breaks.. Remember Animal Crossing: Wild World? Ever heard of a glitch or problem with that game?

Behold. And that's why most of my friends call me the game breaker. (PS: that was my town gate, and I had to start over again and be more careful after that.. I still don't have my halo back)  

Griffinith

Aged Phantom

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:52 am
Griffinith
I play until the game breaks.. Remember Animal Crossing: Wild World? Ever heard of a glitch or problem with that game?

Behold. And that's why most of my friends call me the game breaker. (PS: that was my town gate, and I had to start over again and be more careful after that.. I still don't have my halo back)

You get that from hackers or something right?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:11 pm
I spent $100 on a Sega Saturn Twin Stick Controller, which is a large piece of hardware that only works for one game to make it feel more like the arcade version.

Think an arcade controller on steroids.

Here's a picture of it  

Timeenforceranubis

Tired_Millennial

Healer

11,000 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:27 pm
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:34 pm
Undine Mystic

I am all for owning all consoles, but do you and bro live together? If so, isn't 2 Xboxes a little excessive? I just hope you bought it with you hard earned money. (Sorry to mention this, but it irritates the hell out of me when parents shower their kids in expensive items for no reason, which is why I hope you earned it yourself or got it for ur birthday or something!)

I have to buy all my own stuff when it comes to gaming... except for a game every now and then for christmas.

I've been saving up for an xbox for three years... so having 2 makes me a tad bit pissed right the ******** off.  

Muleferdan

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:48 am
l2quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Undine Mystic
Pretty obsessed Dark_Dragon_Bagera! I preorder cames too, (I am getting a gift certificate from my usual game shop because I have spent so much, ah, it pays to be loyal!)

I still have original cartridges from my old sega consoles, eventhough I have the equivalent games on ROM.

I get so mad when people leave my discs out of their covers! I am the only one in the family that hasn't had a disc destroyed.

Factoring in pc and all the consoles I have ever played, I think I am well over 1000 in different games played.

I been playing since I was 4.... I think.

I think I have spent more than $5000 on gaming!

I agree with you about getting mad when people leave my discs out of their covers. I get so mad when people come over my house and just go and turn on the 360 likes its theirs. They didn't even ask to play it. That's the main thing that pisses me off.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Paranormal Dreamz

Demidom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:12 pm
Undine Mystic

Yes me and my brother live together. Having more than one xbox is not that excessive, we use a router so we can both play the same games together online on games that are strictly 1 player online, or for online co-op. We both have a full screen to look at. And if we are on the same team we can kinda cheat. He bought his way before me, before he was living with me and got me to get one. We used to play each other before we lived together back when he lived with my Dad.

I bought my system, well actually my mom charged it and I payed her back for the entire thing, xbox live, etc in small payments. Back when I had a job.

Quote:
Wow, I consider my console to be a case! As long as my disc is safe and not collecting dust. I often press pause on my game to go watch a tv show, then come back to it, though having the power to turn on/off your console via the controller is useful.

I highly do not advise doing that, if you bump your system, well at least with the xbox 360, when it's running you can crack the disks, even break the system with the game stuck inside of it. Happened to my brother. Also I have to have the right game in the right case, and hate when my instruction manual gets bent.

Quote:
Agreed. I abhore violence in real life, war games cannot render the grief felt by people in real life, however I was annoyed that you couldn't lop of limbs in Assassin's Creed.

Yeah real life violence is not something I'm fond of. My beef with Assassin's Creed is that you could never really get away with killing anyone except for the first boss. After that battle every time you kill someone, they go... "Assassin! Get him!" and then you end up fighting 15 Templars just to get to the burro.

Sorry I took so long to reply.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces