Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Your favourite characters? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Korean Kracker II

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:14 am
Mezzo_Forte
User Image

gonk
Damn, leave me alone.
User Image

don't worry, they are for kids, that the reason their personalities are corney
its meant to be like that wink  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:49 pm
nitnit
Marvel vs. Capcom is a fun game once in a while, but come on, the moves are too easy/over powered to execute, and the game is very imbalanced.

soul calibur always dies off after like 7 months of being played competitively because only like 4 characters become playable tier wise after that long. SC has always had balance problems on the competitive level.

Thats not whats being said this time around. And I have yet to notcie any major difference in power when it comes to the characters.

@Jonnnn- I haven't seen any horrible juggling yet, but then again its only been out for a week. What really ruins competitive play (For me) is the new critical finish. It can't be truend off, first. And it invites several spammers online to pick characters with long reach (Kilik, seong mi-na, etc.) and to spamm thrusts until your soul gauge breaks and you are finished in one move. This makes a lot of players pick heavy characters (Nightmare, siegfreid, etc.) to have slower dropping soul gauges. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to get around this, but I haven't found one yet.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Well, I sure would hope the game doesn't have a definitive tier list after having been out for 1 week...

Also if this long range critical finish thing is so overpowered, then playing it competitively will just become using that technique (or all slow characters like you said)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:55 pm
nitnit
Well, I sure would hope the game doesn't have a definitive tier list after having been out for 1 week...

Also if this long range critical finish thing is so overpowered, then playing it competitively will just become using that technique (or all slow characters like you said)

Then you can't possible call the game non-competitive until its been determined.

I'm sure its not over-powered, I'm just not smart enough to find away around it yet, I'm sure its actually obvious. I just like to complain, thats all.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:30 pm
I was mainly calling the first 3 games not very competitive. Especially the third.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:41 pm
My fanboyishness of LoZ tells me to pick Sheik as a girl fav, and Deity link as male fav.  

ilnu

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:56 pm
Hmm. My favorite characters would be...
Spider from Mega Man X: Command Mission. He's a really cool character, until the plot screws him over thrice. He's a combat-style Reploid who works as a bounty hunter. His Trickstar form is invulnerable, but can't be used long.
Marino, from the same game. She's a model-type Reploid, but she lives the life of a thief. Strangely, she despises villainy and crookedness. She's super-fast, and has the ability to steal any items the enemy is holding, guaranteed. Her Quicksilver form is lightning quick.
Alhanalem, from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates. He's a strange character, always ending his sentences with -al. He's a Yuke, the race most adapted to the use of magic. Yukes have always been a bit quirky, but Al takes the cake for Strangest Yuke.
I'll think of more...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:53 pm
MR. X! WE MEET AGAIN.  

nitnit
Captain

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:33 am
Starfox - Wolf O'Donnel, 'nuff said
Megaman - Colonel, he was just ******** awesome
Pokemon - Gary, just cuz he's badass
Metroid - The SA-X (or SR-X, I'm not sure), that clone that attacked you if he noticed you-from Metroid Fusion
Mario and Stuff - Toad, just cuz he's cool and has a funny voice  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:25 pm
Riku and Roxas of KH2
Megaman BN-TomahawkMan
Zero-Zero  

MaverickX516

O.G. Entrepreneur

7,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:46 pm
glaDos from Portal. I just wanted some frickin' cake man!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:53 pm
Sephiroth from ff7 is badass
Can't think of a decent female character though  

paleHorse91

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:12 pm
Male: Klavier Gavin from Apollo justice. How can you go wrong with a rock god that happens to be an amazing prosecuting attorney?
Female: ...I actually can't think of one. I guess Asuka from Tekken just cause I like to play as her XP  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:48 pm
Male character: Cid Highwind from FF VII or Baird from Gears of War. Both of them have quick wits, and goggles that they never actually wear!

Female character: Yuffie from FF VII. I honestly don't know why she's my favorite female character, she just always has been. It helps that she's a ninja, though. 3nodding  

JunkKirby

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:46 pm
pathetic_negi_magician
glaDos from Portal. I just wanted some frickin' cake man!

It's GLaDOS

And yes, she is secretly the number 1 character of all time.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff