Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:39 pm
Virti
complex_ity_

I don't care if you're a member or not, but then please be more respectful to other people. I understand how this issue has made all of us upset though.

Thank you.... biggrin

Don't mention it. Really, don't. Because I'd still rather hate Nessie Swan-Cullen with an illogical rage than even consider her as a functional human being, and I'm afraid that will upset your sensibilities.

Well, I've had a conversation with the 'her' and 'she' in question, and the best I can say for her is that she didn't try and pull any roleplaying I'm-Nessie-Swan-Cullen-in-real-life BS with me (though her 'friend' or 'protector' did). I've made her aware that she's not allowed to post in the guild ever again, nor do we want to see her. I told her we've contacted Stephenie's publishers, and made clear to her each and every violation she made - of copyright laws AND Gaia TOS. The rest is up to Little Brown, may they do the right thing. The worst she could do to me was call me these frivolous food names.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:00 am
I suppose you could do it. =]  

yukkeh

kira kira fuwa fuwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:03 am
xd
Haha, I don't really care about it anymore lol.
At the time, I thought it was a ridiculous theory she had posted. It seemed too retarded for me to believe it or even acknowledge, so I forgot about it and read the book. Later on I got back on the guild and clicked that again and I was all, "Heyyy! She was actually posting spoilers!" So I don't really care. I just thought she was a Twilighter with a ridiculous and completely impossible theory that would never happen. It never occurred to me that she was posting spoilers. ._.'' I is reel smart, amn't I?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:52 pm
Peach Tea Pocky
I just thought she was a Twilighter with a ridiculous and completely impossible theory that would never happen. It never occured to me that she was posting spoilers.

Same here. But it still makes me mad that she had the gall to do that, and I'm glad she was taken care of. That's all that matters, right?  

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Evil_Dark_Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:13 pm
I'm glad that got taken care of biggrin
And glad that I waited to finish the book before I posted in the guild again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:00 pm
.a.r.a.s.h.i.
La Beaute
Exactly, but it doesnt mean we still cant report her wink

You can report her, but I'm not sure how much good it'll do. After all, you guys are the ones stupid enough to allow public posting. If you didn't want it spoiled, then why did you make it so twilight haters can get in?

Oh right, because you're twilight fans, and you're obviously dumb if you love breaking dawn so much you're getting into an internet war with someone you don't even KNOW!
FIrst of all, you are implying that all twilight fans are dumb.

Second of all, it is copyright infringement. Anyhoo, I'm just glad it's over....-phew-  

WineChan

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:58 pm
I agree that what she did was bad but it is not your place to ban her I hate it when people act like this.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:16 pm
Kari Twilight Mist
I agree that what she did was bad but it is not your place to ban her I hate it when people act like this.

IT WAS NOT HER PLACE TO GO AGAINST THE WISHES OF STEPHENIE MEYER AND POST SPOILERS BEFORE THE BOOK WAS EVEN AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE!!!! scream  

Rancid Cupcakes

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:56 pm
I agree I said what she did was bad but the girl who posted this is not the guild leader so it shouldn't be up to her to ban someone. Don't yell at me for saying she was right because I didn't say that you need to read first please.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:50 pm
The Guild Leader doesn't see EVERYTHING that goes on in the guild. There's just too much happening. When something as serious as copyright infringement happens in a guild about a beloved book or something or other, no one's going to sit there and just do nothing. So in this situation we voted whether to ban her or not, and everyone chose to ban her. Then it was taken up with a higher power on Gaia.....regular users on Gaia can't just ban other users. People would be banning others left and right. It has to be taken up with the people who either run the guild, or run Gaia....'cause their our bosses. The person who informed us that someone had posted spoilers (Kunoichi21) is just a regular person who uses Gaia exactly the same way as you and I do, and she was right to inform us on the situation. Either way, the person would've been banned, because even if Kunoichi21 didn't suggest it, SOMEONE ELSE would have and then the whole process of contacting the higher people of Gaia would've occurred, etc. etc. Either way, her banning was inevitable.

I'm sorry I yelled at you, I have quite the temper, and I apologize.

Rancid Cupcakes

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:18 pm
Kari Twilight Mist
I agree I said what she did was bad but the girl who posted this is not the guild leader so it shouldn't be up to her to ban someone. Don't yell at me for saying she was right because I didn't say that you need to read first please.

First off, let me say that I DID NOT say it was up to me to ban the stupid chick. Okay? All I said was that "I THINK we should ban her" and people just so happened to agree with me. Got it?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:20 pm
Twilight Lolita
The person who informed us that someone had posted spoilers (Kunoichi21) is just a regular person who uses Gaia exactly the same way as you and I do, and she was right to inform us on the situation. Either way, the person would've been banned, because even if Kunoichi21 didn't suggest it, SOMEONE ELSE would have and then the whole process of contacting the higher people of Gaia would've occurred, etc. etc. Either way, her banning was inevitable.

Thank you for backing me up. I appreciate that.  

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rancid Cupcakes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:23 pm
Kunoichi21
Twilight Lolita
The person who informed us that someone had posted spoilers (Kunoichi21) is just a regular person who uses Gaia exactly the same way as you and I do, and she was right to inform us on the situation. Either way, the person would've been banned, because even if Kunoichi21 didn't suggest it, SOMEONE ELSE would have and then the whole process of contacting the higher people of Gaia would've occurred, etc. etc. Either way, her banning was inevitable.

Thank you for backing me up. I appreciate that.

You're welcome^^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:31 am
Ok that's cool now that you have explained it rationaly I get it sorry for the mix up and I guess it works out now  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

Kivyroku

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:04 pm
I'm glad this all got relaxed, I really feel good that there are fans that are willing to fight to keep Stephenie Meyer protected from all this, I really was worried about her for a while but I guess afetr being informed of copyright infrigment, I think that will be enough to make her stop and realize what she did. And it was trully amazing how much everyone got upset about this to, and very sweet  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff