Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
How did you become a .hacker? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get into .hack from the...
  Games?
  Manga?
  Anime?
  Random merchandise you saw? XD
  A link to Liam O'Brien's voiceovers...HAHA!
  You're...awkward (random bananas) xp
View Results

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 pm
Yey for early adoption, lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:59 pm
D: I don't remember how I got into [DOT] Hack...
I think it was the anime (//Sign), that I hardly watched XD And I never played the games, but I read the //Twilight manga and the Another Birth series.

Or something like that.

[<3]

Devourcity
Crew

Shameless Consumer

Chaotic Tragedie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:53 am
I stole the one game from my exboyfriend :> And fell in love with the whole series. Then I rented the DVDs and was like OMG AMAZING. Then I started to record the ones that were on at four in the morning :O

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:44 pm
@Kitty
The games are amazing. ;-; I have to remember to bring them to you.

@CPL
Lol
I remember LotT was on at like weird times in the night. xD

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

haseo9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:10 am
I started with .Dot Hack//sign on Cartoon Network . At first i started watching it because it aired right after Saint Seiya or as english fans who have never heard of the orginal name Knights of the Zodiac*english name*
Then i watched it and thought...THIS LOOKS SOOOO EPIC. THE DIGITAL ART IS ALSO SOO FAWKING AMAZING. Though Bee-train still fawked it compared to the japanese version. Also I saw the commercial for Dot Infection which made me think SD;LJ;DJDS;J;SOMGWTFBBQ EPIC.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:04 pm
haseo9
I started with .Dot Hack//sign on Cartoon Network . At first i started watching it because it aired right after Saint Seiya or as english fans who have never heard of the orginal name Knights of the Zodiac*english name*
Then i watched it and thought...THIS LOOKS SOOOO EPIC. THE DIGITAL ART IS ALSO SOO FAWKING AMAZING. Though Bee-train still fawked it compared to the japanese version. Also I saw the commercial for Dot Infection which made me think SD;LJ;DJDS;J;SOMGWTFBBQ EPIC.

Lulz
So you watched the anime before playing the games? surprised
I never saw that awesome commercial on TV. I Youtube'd it a while ago. xD

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

haseo9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:30 pm
XxGrieverxX
haseo9

Lulz
So you watched the anime before playing the games? surprised
I never saw that awesome commercial on TV. I Youtube'd it a while ago. xD

Correction i saw the extended version that aired on t.v I also saw the Toonami review And there was a commercial for another one of those games.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:53 pm
User Image

I was waiting for Witch Hunter Robin to show on Cartoon Network and I saw .hack//SIGN with Tsukasa...damn. I can't quite re-call. xp But, from then on, I was a fan. I may not have all the merchandise, I still love it. I am still being faithful though: play .hack//virus core series, THEN .hack//G.U. even though I've already watched .hack//roots.

User Image

HeartSeeker Xion

Strokes of Everything

Dapper Fatcat

6,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:54 pm
I couldn't sleep one night so I thought hey, what the heck I'll watch tv. I turned on cartoon network at around midnight and .hack//sign was just coming on. The theme song first got my attention (still love it) and I became addicted. I reserved a copy of Infection after seeing the commercial.. it was awesome.

I read the manga and played all the games.. but my brother took his PS2 to college so no .hack//GU playing for me... darn it.... but I'm still in love with the series. Although I liked .hack//SIGN way better than .hack//Roots or .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet.

And .hack//GIFT cracked me up with Kite just rolling the screw on the bench.

I wish someone would make a game like The World in real life.....  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:41 am
I love the theme song! :,D So addicting.
I agree. Sign is better than the other .Hack animes. Legend of the Twilight seemed pointless.

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

DestiniiHaruya

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:56 am
Saw the LoTB manga in my local bookshop, got a copy of vol1, loved it so bought the lot. Ended up loving 'em so much that I decided to get into the rest of it. I don't have a PS/2, so I just read the manga and watch the anime on YT.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:18 pm
I started watching .hack on cartoon network, I was hooked right away.  

kurl

Trash Bear

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:49 pm
@Haruya
Oh. surprised
If you ever get a PS2, you should try the games. They're really fun. They're repetitive, but I like em. The battles are great. ;D

@Kurl
Same. xD I wish it was still on. ;-;

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:32 pm
So do I neutral

Its pretty crazy how much the show/game have changed since its beginning.  

kurl

Trash Bear

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:29 pm
Yep. Sign and Infection-Quarantine, I think, was more calm than GU and Roots. There was more action in GU and stuff. Sign was more of talking, which I liked more. ;D  
@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff