Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •-Album of Ancient Memories-•
Colour-Coded [Post-Apocalyptic][Accepting] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:21 pm
Not taking too long with the burger, it was still stolen from the previous owners after all, Virgil returned to the winged-horse-summoning girl huddled against the wall. She looked like she was crying, for whatever reason. Virgil tried his mind-probe-thing again...and found a muddle of confusion, and not much else. He tried a joke, to be a source of light-hearted hope in the darkness they all lived in.

"Trust me, I don't see why you're crying at the sight of this. Tears of joy over a hamburger patty from McDonald's?"

Hey. It was a food court in the middle of a quarantined walled city. What were you expecting, Abbot and Costello?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:11 am
When the young-looking girl patted Marilla on the head, she whispered, "Thanks..." so softly that she doubted anyone would hear her anyways.

A genuine laugh escaped Marilla's lips, despite her red eyes and flushed cheeks. "Thank you!" Marilla said, cheerfully now. They seem like nice people... she thought. If they are infected, I suppose that means that they may be like me...? I guess I'm safe here... This is a sort of haven, even if it is just a food court. Marilla took the burger from Eikre and started to eat. Normally, she hated burgers, but, she wouldn't complain.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:09 am
((She better not have, beggers can't be choosers. Just kidding, Just wanted to say that since all the characters seemed to have identified my character as a girl, I shall forever more call her as such, for simplicity's sake.))

The new young teenage girl was happy and laughing and safe, that was good, all that mattered. In honesty, nausea was still affecting the appetite. Why was everyone else hungry? Maybe there was just nothing that smelled enticing enough. (Though it had to do with recovering from the prolonged bout of adrenaline.) A nod was the only indication of the small bit of satisfaction.
Then an odd sequence of movement. She bent forward a bit, before snapping straight and turning slowly in a precise and graceful pirouette in order to turn back around. The small pale foot pointed and she made a little jump onto her toe before walking normally. A playful dancing skip.
Automatically, Lukas sitting at the table had been the original target, but the sight of 'McZed's' sign halted her progress.
Brown eyes trained thoughtfully over the cartoon. Thin brows scrunched and the bottom lip disappeared between her teeth. There was something about this image, something that pulled and called into something deep within the black emptiness of her mind. A name, a word on the tip of her tongue that held some significance. She walked slowly toward it to get a clearer image.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:57 pm
((Mph. Big writers block.))  

Furyal

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:44 am
((Spunky-chan, wait... xD;; Your character was supposed to be a boy? sweatdrop Sorry...well I guess it's too late now...))  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:51 am
((Yeah, pretty much. xD That's okay, I was kinda hoping for this. That way he can reveal himself later, and have the characters go: '...Wait, seriously?' It's not like I'm gonna go change his entire gender just because of it.))  

SpunkyOtaku

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:25 pm

[I was thinking about how you had it as unknown before, but you'd think a person would know what gender they aree xD ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:38 pm
((xD Oh no, he knows, but one of his problems is that no one else can tell what he is. And his theme song is definitely going through my head right now.))

The thick strokes of ink on cardboard became more clear and defined as she closed the distance. Comedic effect: That's what it was used for. Comedic effect... and... what else? There was some other word, but what was this creature?
She stopped below, examining the facial features as close as she could get it, since it was so far over her head. But still... what was it?
Slowly she turned around with questioning eyes as one small finger pointed to the picture.  

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:23 pm
((Oh, so he IS a boy. XD My character will continue thinking otherwise. razz

Hehe...comedic effect!))

Marilla was still in the middle of eating her burger when the girl who had patted her on the head was pointing at something. Marilla followed her gaze, and realized that the little girl was pointing at the "McZed's" sign. "Hm...?" Marilla didn't understand the problem. She shrugged it off, and continued to eat her burger. Soon, she finished, and then stood up, walking over to a counter to get a napkin to wipe her now-greasy hands off.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:37 pm
Finding the small...er...female(?) child pointing towards his sign, Virgil went over and explained his little attempt at humor. Smiling a grin that most people do when they're laughing at a joke on the inside, he explained his burst of humoristic artistry. Or...Artistic humor. Or whatever.

"You see, when I was getting this place settled, I got tired out from moving everything around. Barracading all the doors but the front wasn't exactly the easiest job. So I laid down at the bench, and I saw the golden arches. As I did that, I was wondering why the Infected were in here in the first place. Not many, but they were here. And then I thought it'd be funny at finding a zombie-like thing eating a burger. You obviously see the result of me not letting such an image going to waste."

Hey, when you're trying to make a place your home, you do what you can to decorate it to your tastes, right?  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:16 pm

Home, the magic word, thought Kaslin, watching quietly, running her fingers over the wedding band that morphed onto her finger when she changed. It wasn't opulent, but it was from her father, and that had always been good enough for her mother. It reminded her of home, or what used to be her home. She was quite sure that it was burned down or infested with infected or worse. Still, for a brief moment she felt a pang of sadness for the white-picket fence house she had abandoned a little over two months ago. Has it really been that short? It feels like years and years ago my other life ended. She shivered a bit, and looked around.

"Speaking of homes," she said out loud, "Since I pretty much think we're all homeless right now, We're all staying here right?" Maybe awhile ago she would have worried about inviting herself over but not anymore. After all, she couldn't imagine he'd say no. "But uh, we can't stay here forever. What are all of your plans in the long term?" she asked, planning.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:12 pm
The small female(!) child looked at the image raptly as Virgil explained the picture. Three things in particular became apparent in the explanation:

Number one: Virgil had been the one to personally lock and barricade all the doors that had led the mall. This must have meant this was a stronghold for humans against the monsters.

Number two: Those monsters, the creatures of the night that had been associated with nightmares, and with food, were called Infected. That explained everyone's vocabulary before, and provided for this image-joke.

Number three: That image that pulled and called into something deep within the black emptiness of her mind, the name, the word on the tip of her tongue that held some significance; was 'zombie.'

Zombie.
Why did that word feel important?

Even as she tried to call upon whatever memory associated with that word, her mind veered off course when Kaslin spoke.
Her hand grabbed his arm and she looked up questioningly to Virgil. She never worked with long-term plans- she did not even understand that phrase. Only recently had she just bumbled into a stronghold that held the first group of live humans she had ever laid eyes on. Before that, she just lived day by day, doing what she could just to survive. If she would not be allowed to stay here, what would she do?  

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:07 am
((SpunkyOtaku, I give you props for RPing a character who can't speak. I don't know if it's just me, but that is a challenging feat. ^_^ Congratulations! You roleplay her/him very well. ))

Marilla listened to Virgil as he explained the McZed's image. She couldn't help but laugh; it was quite ironic. A zombie eating a burger. Marilla thought back, back really far, to her young days. When she was at school, Marilla liked telling random stories to classmates at lunch. She recalled one in particular, one that was about zombies. It was around the holiday of Halloweem. The zombies didn't eat burgers though... they ate humans. What could she say? She was a fourth grader who wanted to create a demented scary story.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:39 am
[OOC]Agreed. I think it's cute =D Also: Halloweem? I used to have one of those, but the wheels fell off.[/OOC]

Feeling the small tag on his arm, after Kaslin mentioned something about planning, Virgil looked down at the small girl. Seeing a look of concern on her face, he smiled one of those cheerful smiles that says, It's alright.

"Of course you can all stay here," Virgil said, answering both questions asked verbally and not, "This place is large enough to fit a lot of people. You guys are quite welcome, as long as you all pull your weight. No freeloaders."  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Furyal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:24 pm
((I need serous help. I am compeltely and utterly lost at what to post. >.<))  
•-Album of Ancient Memories-•

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff