Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Is it haram to cry, hear musik, eat jelly, paint humans? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Voting gives gold, soo please make polls! (like me :P)
  Hællø! Blablablablabla!!!! <(^_^)>
View Results

Zaakii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:55 am
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve
Haydar the Truthful
Ratri_Cat
Mini_Angel_1994
Just consider I haven't typed it, again it's not confirmed, I'm not sure whether the translation is correct or not. I know the way we can say it in Arabic, but in English, I'm not sure. So, just respond based on my porposal story. Lol!
I wouldn't feel important if a guy was interested in me because of what people said about me from behind my back.

neutral

Well yeah, because there's a possibility they can lie, But I dunno what family member would lie to the guy who's gonna marry their sister/Daughter/niece whichever. Unless there was some sort of trickery to keep their daughter from being married. xd

I think what Ratri was saying is that she'd rather be judged by her actions toward the boy than what people say about her to him.

And I have to agree with her. sweatdrop
thank you. that's what I was trying to say.

Allah already desided who u shall marry! Now just figureout how u get married wink Maybe your parrents find the person for u, maybe u find one youself and then request your parrents!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:46 am
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve
Haydar the Truthful
Ratri_Cat
Mini_Angel_1994
Just consider I haven't typed it, again it's not confirmed, I'm not sure whether the translation is correct or not. I know the way we can say it in Arabic, but in English, I'm not sure. So, just respond based on my porposal story. Lol!
I wouldn't feel important if a guy was interested in me because of what people said about me from behind my back.

neutral

Well yeah, because there's a possibility they can lie, But I dunno what family member would lie to the guy who's gonna marry their sister/Daughter/niece whichever. Unless there was some sort of trickery to keep their daughter from being married. xd

I think what Ratri was saying is that she'd rather be judged by her actions toward the boy than what people say about her to him.

Allah already desided who u shall marry! Now just figureout how u get married wink Maybe your parrents find the person for u, maybe u find one youself and then request your parrents!
what does this have to do with anything?
I know that God already knows. I don't need you to tell me that. How it comes around is up to Him, but I do not want to have it by people talking to me behind my back to a guy just so he'd marry me.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Mini_Angel_1994

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:24 am
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve
Haydar the Truthful

I know that God already knows. I don't need you to tell me that. How it comes around is up to Him, but I do not want to have it by people talking to me behind my back to a guy just so he'd marry me.

You guys way misunderstood me!! It's not that he's going to marry you based on what people have to say about you! Like, you and him are in the same college. So he met you several times, then he decides that you're a good person, then why not, I'll tell my family, we'll go to her house. After having a chat with you, he's going to ask about you between your friends and classmates, and probably your teachers. He's not going to ask your enemy! He's going to ask people who are close to you!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:39 am
Yup 3nodding People whill spy razz Then aceept ore cancel marriage 3nodding  

Zaakii

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:42 pm
Mini_Angel_1994
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve
Haydar the Truthful

You guys way misunderstood me!! It's not that he's going to marry you based on what people have to say about you! Like, you and him are in the same college. So he met you several times, then he decides that you're a good person, then why not, I'll tell my family, we'll go to her house. After having a chat with you, he's going to ask about you between your friends and classmates, and probably your teachers. He's not going to ask your enemy! He's going to ask people who are close to you!

I understand all of that.
But I would still prefer that he get to know me without asking others about me.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:51 am
BubbleBerry Tea
Mini_Angel_1994
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat

Obviously he doesn't have a lot of confidence in himself he he can't ask me something to my face.
I might ask someone what his favorite color/thing to do is if i want to surprise him with a gift or something. But otherwise I prefer direct conversation.
This asking people, behind my back, even for good...seems more of a fundamental flaw of character than anything else.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Mini_Angel_1994

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:29 am
Ratri_Cat
BubbleBerry Tea
Mini_Angel_1994
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat

Obviously he doesn't have a lot of confidence in himself he he can't ask me something to my face.
I might ask someone what his favorite color/thing to do is if i want to surprise him with a gift or something. But otherwise I prefer direct conversation.
This asking people, behind my back, even for good...seems more of a fundamental flaw of character than anything else.

So you left the whole marriage thing and concentrated on the asking thingie??

Ok let me ask you something. How are you going to know that this guy you're going to get married to is not a stealer ( God forbid ) or kind of gambler, or he cheats in his job? You know, you're not going to ask that in front of his face! You'll eventually need to know who this guy is!! While dating, you might as well find someone who's making fun of you, or he's just taking you as amusement, am I right? Marriage is the same thing, he might be married already, and he's going to get married to you as the second, and you don't even know that. That's my point!!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:16 am
Mini_Angel_1994
Ratri_Cat
BubbleBerry Tea

So you left the whole marriage thing and concentrated on the asking thingie??

No. I was re-establishing that I do not believe that a guy seeking a potential marriage partner should have to ask around to see what she is like.

Mini_Angel_1994
How are you going to know that this guy you're going to get married to is not a stealer ( God forbid ) or kind of gambler, or he cheats in his job? You know, you're not going to ask that in front of his face!

Usually it's clues. Anybody engaged in that type of behavior has a type of pattern. I don't see why I shouldn't confront a guy if I start noticing a weird pattern. And don't forget woman's intuition!

Mini_Angel_1994
While dating, you might as well find someone who's making fun of you, or he's just taking you as amusement, am I right?

There's that risk, sure. those that usually are that manipulative in my experience, you learn the type of man and you avoid those types in the future. I find learning from my mistakes a growing experience, and I learn a little more about myself and how to do better when I think I might like a guy. I like this type of self-discovery. You don't get that type of interaction anywhere else. Sure, you're going to hit some painful bumps in the road, but that's life. You endure pain and you learn from it. And just because the guy asks around and sees you as a perfect spouse and everyone all agrees and whatnot, doesn't mean that you'll have a perfect marriage.
Life is not pain free and anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.

Mini_Angel_1994
Marriage is the same thing, he might be married already, and he's going to get married to you as the second, and you don't even know that.

Incorrect. A man cannot get married to another woman if he is already married and has another marriage contract with another woman. Marriage in the west is a CIVIL union. meaning, it is illegal and unlawful for him to attempt this, and isn't possible because governments have records of this.  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Mini_Angel_1994

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:16 pm
Honey, dating is different than marriage. You are spending a lifetime with this guy. And getting a divorce might harm you. You may have children, these children will be torn apart. You should always consider what will happen after you do something. You cannot learn by getting married! Getting married should happen only once a lifetime. You might as well enjoy it with the perfect guy!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:23 pm
Soo what's the question?

And nice one Miniangel lol Without any numbers, u just answer it all in 1 xd  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:27 pm
Mini_Angel_1994
You cannot learn by getting married!

Brilliant! I'm really glad you mentioned this.
Quote:
You might as well enjoy it with the perfect guy!

My question is...how the heck do you enjoy marriage with the perfect guy is by you finding the only information about him being scooped from other people as well as limited, chaperoned, conversations?

This is why I talked about dating. because I really, honestly want to know who I want to be with for the rest of my life. Gathering information from people who know him from only a certain perspective and chaparoned conversations where he will obviously just act accordingly because hes being watched.....no.

I want to get the whole picture, good bad, ugly and perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:43 am
Lol Ratri, I'm starting to feel that this is going to be endless.

I said it's an option, you may ask about him. Islam since a baby is born, starts to teach parents how to raise their children. You mustn't lie, you mustn't disobey Allah, you must have a purpose in life, you mustn't steal, you mustn't call people names. That's what it is about. In that case, everyone is the perfect guy. I mean, who doesn't want a person with all those manners above? It's supposed that every guy that will propose they will be good enough for you. But at the mean time, people forgot all about that. And parents are supposed to know everyone, his father is a gambler, then maybe he learns from him the bad manners, you shouldn't get married to him. It's a whole life style as I said.

As for love, well, I don't know about that. I personally haven't experienced it yet xp But I think that love will grow between woman and a man living together as they grow old. That's what I think, I mean, you can't just live with a guy and not learn how to love him? I don't know for I personally have no information about that.  

Mini_Angel_1994

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:53 am
Mini_Angel_1994

I said it's an option, you may ask about him. Islam since a baby is born, starts to teach parents how to raise their children. You mustn't lie, you mustn't disobey Allah, you must have a purpose in life, you mustn't steal, you mustn't call people names. That's what it is about. In that case, everyone is the perfect guy. I mean, who doesn't want a person with all those manners above?
There's a difference between lying and not telling all of the truth. You may find everyone telling you lots of truths about the guy, but not the entire truth, How are you going to get that guaranteed unless you spend time with a guy? Besides, a guy is going to want to make himself seem marketable when he is of marrying age and financially stable...no one is going to want to talk about his faults. And there will be secret, hidden faults that you wouldn't find out from other people until you
a) know him properly
b) are married and its too late

Mini_Angel_1994
It's supposed that every guy that will propose they will be good enough for you.

That is a gamble i don't want to take at all. Do you now how many abused marriages are a result of this kind of naive thinking?
Mini_Angel_1994
As for love, well, I don't know about that. I personally haven't experienced it yet xp But I think that love will grow between woman and a man living together as they grow old.
I'd rather get to know the guy personally before I start living with him for the rest of my life. To know, without people telling me, that I want to spend the rest of my life with him and that I love him for who he is before I marry him. That kind of self-knowledge is far more important than any amount of mothers and aunties telling me that I ought to marry this guy. It is far more fulfilling and accepting than marrying a guy because he meets certain qualifications and seems nice.

And is it really love? Or the fact that you have to deal with each other on a daily basis and have kids that you eventually learn to love each other, or at least accept one another.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:33 pm
hmmmmmmf, I really don't believe that dating will make you know the guy better. I mean, most of guys and girls dating right now is about saticfying themselves. But, I think dating in an old age is proper, but also forbidden. It's more safe to merry someone you know, I know. But let's take this as an example: You are a woman who works at an office, and you're successful, surely someone will come and propose, as you are a woman who is looking for sucess, and prosperity. I personally wouldn't marry a guy whom I don't know. It's often that when you ask about someone, you'll ask about how faithful he is. Does he go to Jum'a prayer, does he fast at Ramadan?

I mean, when you're father's reputation is very good, my father is a successful guy, he works hard and he loves people. He's kind. Then surely, someone would like to marry this guy's daughter, because he must've raised his daughter well. The most important thing at the first meeting, that you'll tell the truth, and based on that, you'll try to always tell the truth. It's marriage not a game! Nobody who is muslim and goes to prayer and fasts will have the cold heart to lie. Like, you must tell if you have a sickness, or you must tell if you have a disability, you must tell if you're already married or got divorced. And that rarely happens, someone you don't know won't propose, unless he works with you, or knows your father, or you live in the same neighbourhood. I'm telling you that Allah is merciful enough to answer your prayers. So it's important for a girl to pray that Allah will send the proper guy.  

Mini_Angel_1994

Zaakii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:12 am
A good man as i hope u are seeking, normally don't date. I guess their parrents go and find someone for them!

I mean, what good person would go on dating? In dating u can get a jerk 3nodding  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff