Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:54 pm
Dia Dementia
Pubic Genital Lice
Dia Dementia
Pubic Genital Lice
Aqua Anjel
Pubic Genital Lice
I am not jumping to any conclusions, I am trying to jump into some sort of conclusion. For me, those are the only two people that I know have the manuscript besides Stephenie's publisher or agent. But those people's jobs aren't the type who do that. They're professionals.

Now, I am not saying Rob isn't a professional, but he's still some what a small actor. He's only gotten famous by being Twilight. Before that, he wasn't in many other movies besides Harry Potter. He still has professional learning to do.

He has done othe movies besides Harry Potter. They weren't huge but it's not like Harry Potter was his only job.....

Hmm, I knew that. But Harry Potter is about the only serious movie I've seen him in.

nonetheless, why are you trying to figure out who it was? Stephanie said it was accidental, so it really doesn't matter all that much. mistakes happen.

Well, for some reason I don't believe it was an accident. I feel she said that to ease us. She's obviously upset. If it was accident then she'd most likely continue Midnight Sun. Purposely done stuff does stuff like this.
i don't think she'd lie to her fans like that. && she really doesn't like spoilers, so that might be why she's so upset.

but really, the people to blame here are the ones who didn't have enough respect for Stephenie Meyer to NOT pass around the leaked copy. it's just a big mess all around.

No matter if it was passed around on the web or not, it was still leaked. Also, when fans are excited about seeing a long awaited Midnight Sun, they're going to pass it around to friends who are going to pass it around some more friends. That's not disrespecting Stephenie. That's just an unconscious excitement.

Now, for the people that did it on purpose just to be like, "Oh, my god. I am sure the fan base would get a kick out of seeing this leaked Midnight Sun. I am not a fan, but why not ruin it for them. For the people that click to see it on purpose, it's their faults." I think that it wouldn't be too much disrespect for Stephenie, but for more disrespect for us. But none the less, disrespect for them selves.

The same disrespect goes for the people that read it unconsciously. They're disrespecting them selves for reading it. They could have controlled their excitement. But unconsciously they couldn't. But still, disrespect for them selves.

We can't be mad at the people that read it. We can only be mad at the person who was trusted enough to have it in their hands. They're the one that leaked it in the first place. It's not mistake to take a manuscript and scan it to the computer. Then, to purposely put it on the computer for others to see. To most likely even know that's it wrong. Knowing the wrong isn't any accident.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:48 pm
After reading all these post about how you shouldn't read midnight sun on her website and all that i need to ask a question. question

Was it wrong for me to go and read Midnight Sun. (the one on her website stepheniemeyer.com) The reason i read it was because it was midnight sun and i was dissapointed with Breaking Dawn so i unconsiously read it. Now i'm feeling really bad, especially since i loved Midnight sun so far. crying crying crying crying crying Can someone please answer me and NOT sugar-coat it to make me feel better about myself.

My main problem is that Midnight Sun may have been better than twilight in some ways and now i regret it and i don't regret it.

PLEASE HELP ME FEEL SAIN AGIAN

Thank You for any help  

Princess Candy Apple

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:02 pm
Princess Candy Apple
After reading all these post about how you shouldn't read midnight sun on her website and all that i need to ask a question. question

Was it wrong for me to go and read Midnight Sun. (the one on her website stepheniemeyer.com) The reason i read it was because it was midnight sun and i was dissapointed with Breaking Dawn so i unconsiously read it. Now i'm feeling really bad, especially since i loved Midnight sun so far. crying crying crying crying crying Can someone please answer me and NOT sugar-coat it to make me feel better about myself.

My main problem is that Midnight Sun may have been better than twilight in some ways and now i regret it and i don't regret it.

PLEASE HELP ME FEEL SAIN AGIAN

Thank You for any help

They're talking about the Midnight Sun that was leaked. The reason that's on her website. You're fine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:37 pm
Well, I feel that it would've been wrong to read it before Stephenie herself posted it. So if you read the one off of her own site, you have no guilt - she said it was ok at that point. It was an incredibly hurt and probably bitter ok, but SHE put it up. There's nothing to feel bad for in that besides the fact that it was stolen in the first place.

But I don't see how someone accidentally scans and posts 12 chapters of a book illegally. Someone knew exactly what they were doing, even though they may not have known the consequences at that time.

We don't know who it was, and probably never will. Clearly, Stephenie doesn't want us to know or she would have told us. We can all see now what a GOOD person she is. Right now she could completely ruin someone by giving their name out - but she isn't. That takes more then a lot of character. If it were me, I wouldn't hesitate to point the finger.

But I don't feel that it's fair to blame ANYone this point. We just don't know. And how bad would you feel if people blamed YOU for it?! And I think it would hurt Stephenie more we blame one person and flame them into eternity and it turns out that we're totally wrong. She doesn't want to give us the name - let's not go crazy and end up forcing her into it. That'll make everything worse.  

6vampire6mistress6

LiskasaurusRex

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:51 pm
What type of person leaks a long awaited book?
I realize that we are all very excited for the release of Midnight Sun but leaking a draft is going a bit far. As soon as I read the notice that she wasn't going to write it anymore I wanted to cry. I understand contemplating about it and telling people about it if they ask you about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:01 am
I truly believe (well extremely hope) that this is not the end of Twilight! I think she just needs a well deserved break and then she will hopefully get right back into Midnight Sun and maybe even another characters perspective (highly unlikely, but I wish)!!! I can't stand it if she ends it like this, without a ending!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

smileysimqueen

Sparkly Gawker

6,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:37 pm
omg! i was soooo upset when i read about it!! cry
i had to read the one she posted on her website, and it is sooo amazing!! i love edward even more than i did before. i really hope she doesn't completely give up. i think she just needs some time away from the twilight universe for a while (at least i hope so).  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:10 pm
gosh this sux. evil evil i hate leakers/spoilers! evil evil  

Stu-Stu13

Tipsy Tycoon

8,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:18 am
I just hope whoever is responsible will apologize to all of US!

They've probably already apologized to Steph a million times over - if they're any sort of decent person with a heart - but they've ruined it for everyone now. They owe her fans as much of an apology as they owe her.

If they have ANY sort of courage, they better step up and say they is SUPER sorry and give us all a cookie. A BIG one.

In all seriousness though, I'd feel a lot better if WE got an apology too. And it would take a LOT for whoever it is to come forward, so I wouldn't be able to be so terribly mad with them for long.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:39 pm
6vampire6mistress6
I just hope whoever is responsible will apologize to all of US!

They've probably already apologized to Steph a million times over - if they're any sort of decent person with a heart - but they've ruined it for everyone now. They owe her fans as much of an apology as they owe her.

If they have ANY sort of courage, they better step up and say they is SUPER sorry and give us all a cookie. A BIG one.

In all seriousness though, I'd feel a lot better if WE got an apology too. And it would take a LOT for whoever it is to come forward, so I wouldn't be able to be so terribly mad with them for long.

I hope they apologized!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas