View Results

Washed Out Retro

Romantic Fatcat

8,225 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It never bothered me. I didn't start reading Twilight till New Moon came out.
Although, it wasn't as commercialized as it is now.

But I do think that most people read it because it's popular and "in" right now.

But I mean look at the bright side, at least there are more people to
talk about the book with.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:47 pm
true, more people to talk to. its not so bad, it could definitely be worse. at least some people don't follow trends. i loved it b4 this. a lot of people are jjust doing it cuz its in, or cuz all their friends are, but some actually really like it, and didnt know about it until b4 this. they cant help it.  

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

xXTwilight4LifeXx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:04 pm
I started reading Twilight the week before Breaking Dawn came out. My friend told me I had to read it, but I didn't feel like it. but then she told me it was about a vampire, and suspense. I got hooked instantly.

But, with so many people reading it, i think it's good for Stephenie, and there are more people to talk about it with, which is a good thing. It's just one of those books that you can never stop talking about.

By myself, I have recruited 5 or 6 people into reading it...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:14 pm
Peach Tea Pocky
Pubic Genital Lice
It's good for Stephenie.
And now Harry Potter can die a little. [I think those books are annoying.]

Good Point. smile

harry will be going to a good place.
and twilight will take his throne
XD  

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:18 pm
Peach Tea Pocky
Pubic Genital Lice
It's good for Stephenie.
And now Harry Potter can die a little. [I think those books are annoying.]

Good Point. smile

XD

i actually just saw twilight in a book fair and i looked at it without knowing it was already famous.. (no one really read anything in my school.. GASP!) so i stared at the cover for 9 minutes and decided to buy it.

i never regretted picking that book up and going broke that very day.

so i don't really care about trendy stuff.. i want people to read twilight just because they find it interesting, not because someone is reading it and you gotta score points by reading it too.. people should enjoy life and go with their instincts, not keep up with it and consult a popular list.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:06 am
CiNnA vAniLLa

XD

i actually just saw twilight in a book fair and i looked at it without knowing it was already famous.. (no one really read anything in my school.. GASP!) so i stared at the cover for 9 minutes and decided to buy it.

i never regretted picking that book up and going broke that very day.

so i don't really care about trendy stuff.. i want people to read twilight just because they find it interesting, not because someone is reading it and you gotta score points by reading it too.. people should enjoy life and go with their instincts, not keep up with it and consult a popular list.

Amen.

RejectedLimpet

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

Riceycake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:01 pm
Don't worry, the fad/trend will die out soon. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:05 pm
My friend got me to read it like maybe a MONTH before the craze hit. It was weird. Like, one day there were only five of us who had read it and then suddenly everyone was raving about it. It's a bit annoying because people trash it unfairly (they don't think it lives up to their expectations, blah blah blah) but it's kind of a good thing because it helps Stephenie. And anything for Stephenie!  

Koneko Tsukino

Sparkly Hoarder

Etzlenos Belliveau

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:13 am
I love the twilight series.
But I agree with you when there are too many people reading it.
My school have a "TWILIGHT CLUB", even.
I think this is getting too much.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:58 am
If it were just twilight fanatics I'd be fine if they actually liked the books. I started reading it Christmas of last year 'cause I got it as a present. My friends had already been saying that I had to read it so I did. This was just before the twilight craze.
(Before the school library got five copies just because everyone was reading it and they didn't have enough.)  

Cecilia Rose

5,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Ooo Its Fizzical

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:30 pm
I believe my school will soon follow the 'trend', and i am not looking forward to it. I have converted 3 people so far and neither of them want it to become the next big thing around the school. It has become annoying and people like it for the wrong reasons. People like us are the real fans and i think it will pass as soon as a new 'fad' comes on the scene.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:26 pm
well its good that there are a lot of people reading twilight.
here in brazil in my year there are somee girls reading it, but i dont talk too much with them so i just talk with my friends about the book and they dont understand a s**t XD.
it would be cool if my friends read the book.... but they dont read books...
i read a lot of books before th computer become my life XD
i want eclipse @_@ (here dond have it ... yet)

i never read Harry Potter.... everybody said that it is really good... but a look to the books and i dont want to read them.... i have them cuz my brothers read them.  

re646

Lunanymph59

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:04 pm
yes i know what you mean!!

i year ago when i read twilight i thought it was my own thing that know one knew about(except my friends) and i could walk down the halls of my school talking about how sexy edward cullen is.....
but now everyone knows what im talking about!!!!! everyone loves twilight, everyone has shirts that say twilight..... its like the whole population stole my thing!!!!!! i even went half way across the world to go to FORKS! thats how obssecive i am but....
ITS GETTING REALLY ANNOYING AND I DON'T LIKE TWILIGHT AS MUCH AS I DID TWO MONTHS AGO!!!!

argggggg ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:08 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
ElementelTwilight
ya, I hate Harry Potter, so I'm glad these books are taking it's place

Seriously...I know everyone has the right to state there opinion but Twilight and Harry Potter are too different to be even compared.
Everyone do me a favor and read Vampire Knight! Thats Harry Potter's true competition. Why?
Its an academy. They practice magic, the school also has there secrets. Alot of things that are in common. Twilight is an awesome book(except for BD) but
it is a completely different world. And completely different to HP.

Oooops I meant Vampire Academy ^_^;;  

Evil_Dark_Kitty

My_Wolfs_Wings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:05 pm
I totally understand how it is with everyone obssesing over twilight. I mean last year, i was litterally one of the only ones who was reading Twilight before it got really popular. My friend let me borrow the book then I started recomending it at my school and now everyone reads it. I still love reading the Twilight series and all, but not as much as i used to. With everyone obsessing over it, it takes away some of the specialness in my opinion.

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff