Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Pagan Pride Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I Overreacting?
  yes
  no
  maybe
View Results

xX_Radakatve Jellybean_xX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:48 pm
i think that u are not over reacting at all you have a right to be mad.like others have said cerrimonal wear is just fine but wings, and harry potter! wow do people really wear that? well the people that wear that obviously do not take this seriously do not waste your time and energy dwelling on these people they are not worth it. when u see them in public just know that they are only makeing fools of them selfs do not however lash out at them jut keep in mind that they are messing with some powerful forces they will get what they deserve.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:17 pm
i truly hate it when people say they are pagan or wiccan or witches and they're not. it really pisses me off. i used to have a friend who said that she was a witch and then when i started to come out and she found out she said that she was practicing for 2 years and i have been for 2 months. THAT'S NOT TRUE I HAVE BEEN PRACTICING SINCE I WAS A LITTLE GIRL!! i just wasn't aloud to do any big magick yet coz i wasn't initiated. that's why i said "used to"  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:52 am
xXOnYx MoOnXx
i truly hate it when people say they are pagan or wiccan or witches and they're not. it really pisses me off.
Okay. In case you didn't know.
All Wicca are Pagans and Witches
Not all Pagans are Wicca or Witches
Not all Witches are Pagan or Wicca
Quote:

i used to have a friend who said that she was a witch and then when i started to come out and she found out she said that she was practicing for 2 years and i have been for 2 months. THAT'S NOT TRUE I HAVE BEEN PRACTICING SINCE I WAS A LITTLE GIRL!! i just wasn't aloud to do any big magick yet coz i wasn't initiated. that's why i said "used to"
WTF?! Seriously, what the hell did you just type there? I don't see what this has to do with what you are against. I feel my brain exploding trying to decipher the significance of this anecdote and to falsely claiming to be a Pagan, witch, or Wicca.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's Just like a Gay Pride day, You get the Media Spawn, The first ten rows who flaunt their Sexuality. Then You get the part Media Misses, The people who Know how to act, The Firefighters and such.

Should you wear Ritual Garb, Fairywings, or Harry Potter(WTF?) Getups?
No.
Should you wear Respectable clothing that still shows your pride as a Pagan?
Yes, By all means.
If I go to one of these and see someone who is wearing Harry potters s**t, I will swat them myself.
Come on People... Show some Dignity.

*Misses going to the Renn Fest.*

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

Azfarel Whitemoon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:21 pm
let`s see if this comes out right... if not then sorry ^^U

first of all we need to have in mind somethings:
1.- not every eccentric is a wannabe
2.- Pagan doesn`t mean eccentric all the time.

that being said you`d have to take just about enough time to find if each and every individual who seems like pulled out from LOTR is actually pagan or just some nutcase looking for an excuse to show off some half a** get up (that`ll take you about 10-15 minutes per person). Then you can judge individually if your standards are being met and you are just acting out of a first impresion (which is, needless to say, superficial if you only take heed of the corky exterior).

You are not over reacting you`re just rushing to conclusions assuming everyone dressed in glittery wings is a complete disgrace.

as a personal advice I recommend you to grant the benefit of the doubt to everyone. Of course that`s just me ^^

ahm... It didn`t sound aggresive did it??? sorry if it did ^^'  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games