Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:49 pm
Welcome to the guild Cassie. We're glad to have you onboard. I hope you have a good time here.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:18 pm
Thank you! I already am having a good time! whee Thanks to all of you great peoples!  

x-ImperfectPrincess-x

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:38 am
Hello everyone, I'm Daemon_king, and finally there's a place where people speak their mind in full complete, and understanding sentences. Oh, sometimes I can be sarcastic, criptic, and a smuck. Though, I can a very nice guy, and enjoyable to be around. Then I can also be one the meanest dudes you ever met. I enjoy a good book, but not one of those that won awards and said to be great even though they suck, and comics. I don't mind manga, but I to me nothing beats a good ole comic from DC or Marvel comics.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:54 pm
Hey welcome! Hope ya have fun like I have! biggrin And yes don't real words and complete sentences rock?  

x-ImperfectPrincess-x

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:12 am
DarkElf27
Shinobi 1977
Furbies creep me out too. I may sound like a Ludite, but I just don't like a lot of these new interactive toys. It seems like the toy does everything now while the child just watches. Whatever happened to creative play and imagination? I'd rather play with toy soldiers, toy cars, erector sets, Legos, Dominos, etc. than watch a Furby or a Tickle-Me Elmo giggle and act stupid.

*sighs and reminisces about the days of yore*
Yep. Legos, blocks, Hotwheels cars, and toy soldiers/action figures were my favorites...

Toy soldiers here too. I used to arrange them in a dark room and put little scraps of metal as cover, and I'd arrange them so they look like they were advancing, retreating, fighting, etc. Then I'd take a flashlight, shine it from the side, and there you go. It looks really cool...back then it did wink ...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:03 pm
I can imagine how something like that would look very cool. Things seem so much more glorious during childhood. It can never be recaptured...  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:06 am
I spose I should introduce myself here. Some of you know me, others don't..... But you soon will. I'm a 20 year old lass from the easter coast of Australia. Who lives off the principal of typing how she speaks. So sometimes I switch into typing in accent.

I spend most of my time either with my fiancee or my computers. the rest is spent sleeping, studying or working. I despise ignorant use of chat-speak and abbreviations, as this usually ends up mangling the little spelling and punctuation, that the nose-wrenchingly smelly masses have grubbed together.

I've been known for banning people from forums in the past, for spelling mistakes and the like. But I'm not as strict as I sound. I operate under the "if it looks like they have tried" rule.

Anyway, for those who don't know me, ask whatever you like. I'll either answer or I won't. We'll see now won't we.

Onee  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:21 pm
Hey, Oneechan.  

Daemon_King

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:48 pm
Welcome to 3G, Dark Oneechan! I hope you enjoy your time here. Oneechan means "little sister" in Japanese, does it not?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:15 pm
Close, Big sister.  

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:33 pm
*headkeyboard* Arigatou. *bows*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:54 pm
xd I'd point out that she's Australian...  

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:02 pm
Hey, no need to tell all my secrets. Makes me glad I never told you my measurements...... *giggle-snort*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:41 am
Salutations!

Sorry, I've always wanted to say that, mostly because in many of the games I play involve fat innkeepers saying salutations...so I'm testing it out.

All right, I'm a literate 16-year-old Canadian, I love to role-play, and I'm sick and tired of illiteracy on Gaia.

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:07 am
Welcome to 3G Nadreth. Enjoy your stay. Feel free to post anything (within the TOS) you like in the GD subforum, or anything related to literacy/illiteracy in the main forum. I hope this gets through before Gaia goes down for its ten-minute update.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff