Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Graphic Makers [TGM]

Back to Guilds

A guild where graphic designers / webpage builders can enjoy each others company. 

Tags: graphic, profile, web design, photoshop, design 

Reply The Graphic Makers
Photoshop CS4 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dante Demoness
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:08 pm
I've been working with Photoshop CS at home.
At my school (Art Institute) we're getting CS4 next quarter! So excited!

I was also at a flash convention last week which was amazing... learned tons of AS3! =3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:16 pm
At my school we use CS3. So far it's the only photoshop-like program i've ever used . I like it a lot was great for me to begin with.  

War Star666

Burn Halo
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:48 pm
i love my photoshop cs3 extended xD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:02 pm
I've had CS4 for the past month and I love it 100%!! I upgraded from PS7 so all the vectors and such really drew me in. I'm addicted to downloading new brushes...  

Arisa Takera

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100

Dameal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:46 am
I use CS4 at work and I love it so much!! except I have to save in CS3 for everyone else... anywhos I use Illustrator mostly and there are a few things, simple but I'm like OMG that is sooo cool!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:31 pm

i really dislike CS4. sweatdrop
-gets trampled by CS4 loves-

personally for me, I'm too used to the CS2/3 layout and formats, so when I switched to CS4, everything messed me up. @___@
plus the work space is really small in CS4, or its just me. o_O
but yeah, CS4 does have cool stuff though, c:
like some 3D thing i think? idk.

gummy unicorn

Dante Demoness
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:38 pm
I agree, gummy. It's hard to switch when you're so used to the program. Plus it still works and it does the job, so switching isn't really necessary.
I heard CS5 is coming out in the spring... whee  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:45 pm
I use photoshop elements 6.0? and cs4. >.< i think elements is easier for me but recently my hardrive broke down so i lost everything now , im more used to cs4 bc it seems easier now >.<  

x_Sweet K o k o r o

5,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

le artista

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:13 am
Im surprised to here that you dont like cs3. Yes the basics are the same but I find cs3 runs more smoothly.

cs4 is pretty nice. There are some menu changes but not much. One of the main new features is the tabbing of windows. Instead of having all your widows separate if you have more than one file open - they can be tabbed like a web browser. This is nice and not at the same time. It makes for going between files easy but you cannot drag layers onto another tabbed file. You have to ungroup it and then drag a layer. I find this to be an annoying thing to deal with personally.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:34 pm
User Image

@ Dante : yeah. XD
ooh same, i'm so excited to see what they did this time.
★

gummy unicorn

Orina Caprica

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:51 pm
I have a question.
I used a reeeaaaallllll old PS
So old I'm not even going to say what it is
Lol
But I was wondering - what would you recommend in the ways of the CS_ for me to use? I have a graphics shop, and I'm thinking about majoring in CG at my college but I haven't decided yet
No one's ever really taught me to use it fully so I need something that I can learn on my own easily and won't drown
sweatdrop
I hate being such a newb on graphics.
The one's I've been making in my shop, I've been doing in a...sneaky way, I guess?
I bet no one would know what program I'm using by looking at it.
Lol
Anyways...I kinda just went off on that...so yeah
Any and all help would be appreciated

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:42 pm
If you had to choose between CS3 and CS4 I recommend CS4 because CS3 has a few bugs but overall I like CS2 because it has imageready unlike CS4/3 you can't open .gif animation as it's original like e.g. a transparent .gif animation would have a white background so stick with CS2 it way better. The only good thing with CS4 is the interface is 'prettier'.  

slash-of-tears

6,350 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Arisa Takera

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:46 pm
I used photoshop 5 and 7 before CS4 and I thought it was a pretty easy transition... Everything looks nicer [to me] And vectors are sweet. There's so many cool vector brushes that you can download that can only be used with CS4  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:42 pm
I have CS3 Extended (Anyone know the difference between Extended and normal? o.0), I use CS4 programs at school, for my Illustrator class. And the only difference I saw on CS4 is the 3D feature. That is all. Everything else is the same to me.

L y k e 0 m g

Wealthy Noob

7,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
The Graphic Makers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers