Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hanging around in graveyards:
  Stereo-typical
  Nice
View Results

Oterys

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:43 pm
That's really morbid and gross. Personally I like to go to visit in the spring when all of the trees are shedding their blossoms...it's pretty and it just seems right. Sometimes I sing them songs.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:01 am
epiphany time....

we go to cemetaries as a safe haven from the world, because deep down inside, we know that the normal herds are dearly afraid of death and avoid a cemetary like the plague...

We visit old cemetaries to appreciate the art of the stonemasons, and the quiet solem peace that seems to pervade the very air around them.

I avoid modern cemetaries because the esthetics are mostly missing there, sure it's still peacefull, but the imagery is stripped down to a more "lets pack as many people as we can in there while making it easier for the caretaker to mow the lawn" minimalist look.
I've visited a lot of cemetaries in my lifetime, and by far, hands down, the most visualy stunning and eye pleasing of the lot would have to be the grand cemetary in the old part of New Orleans. Lots of maeusoleums and statuary, a nice place for a picknic in the park. It's almost like walking through a hedge maze, except everything in there is the fruits of the stonecrafters art.
A very close second as far a graveyards are concerned, for me, would be the witches cemetary in Salem, MA. Very Edward Gorey-esk with the grand oak tree in the center, bare of leaves, and the single above ground tomb in the center of the graveyard underneath that tree. Most of the art in this cemetary lays in the symbols and minimal art that the undertakers chisled into the old slate headstones. There's no funeral statuary, but what is there is a very quaint old world pilgrim charm that seldom exists anywhere else.

We visit cemetaries to ground ourselves firmly within the realms of reality, and once there, our minds are allowed to wander freely. grounded only in the knowledge of a finite ending....

Have you visited a cemetary today?  

Keevan Draco

Jkiller00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:16 pm
葉をつるから......ゆっくりと落ちるので......壊れやすい、小型の殻のように....泡で....漂流ほとんどの兵士の少年.....行進ホーム....来る勇敢な兵士の少年...行進家だ  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:03 pm
Jkiller00
葉をつるから......ゆっくりと落ちるので......壊れやすい、小型の殻のように....泡で....漂流ほとんどの兵士の少年.....行進ホーム....来る勇敢な兵士の少年...行進家だ
I think i have been sniped.  

the_underworks

the_underworks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:06 pm
XWraith_LordX
the_underworks
I actually used to skulk around in graveyards until one of my friends decided it would be funny if he started digging up a grave with a funny name entitled to it. He dug like 2 feet deep and found a dead baby in a bag.
Yah that's not cool.... confused
I think uncool is an understatement.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas