Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Question: Your longest 1x1 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mike18911222

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:50 pm
My longest roleplay has got to be about 4 yrs (off/on) me and someone from Wisconsin. So, we've never actually met, but it's just been pretty fun smile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:39 am
My longest running one on one roleplay would have to be... hmmm... having lasted eight or nine years and still running. Yes. We implemented time skips. It was a multiple dimension world a friend of mine thought up and I contributed to. It came to the point where we interchanged NPC's, plotted things together, and even would design characters FOR each other to have the other person play as a bit of a 'challenge'. And when one of us brought up a plot twist, the other managed to work off of it and bring in their own ties. Heck, we even role played each other's established characters from time in time in a 'what if' vacuum where the results didn't matter to the real plot as just a mental exercize... and it was fun to see how either of us perceived (and therefor portrayed) the other's character. A great exercise to try with some of your trusted role play friends if you haven't.

She also is a decent artist, so neither of us ever had to go searching for pictures of our character... she wasn't always the best with writing physical descriptions but had the artistic talent to make up for it (even if a lot of her women began to look the same after a while).

However right now she managed to back herself into a wall and is trying to figure out how to pull something off. *sigh*  

Kendessa

ladyluna2004

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:20 pm
My longest RP...it still makes me smile : ) It was...one year? maybe a year and a half. Our character's met in an AOL rp room-Silver Moon Inn, it was called. It was about the time i just started to learn how to rp. And from there it blossomed. We've done several different RP's since then, but none have been as long and wonderful as that first one.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:08 am
These are always interesting to read. Keep posting! whee I'd rather have one long, good 1x1 RP than a dozen shorter ones  

MrsMica
Crew

Priestess Hanajima

Agile Seeker

7,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:39 pm
my longest one on one last for three years with my "big brother" i meet him on here. It was in the forms in the "school for the demoniacally gifted." we rped on there for several days then switched to the pms to keep better track of them haha. I think that we both really needed a place to throw all of our problems and put our emotions into the characters. It was a story and we both had up to four or five characters, that grew and interacted together. It was the best rp I've ever had.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:22 am
Longest 1x1 Rp i've ever had lasted 8 years.
I was 11 at the time and I had just started rping.
Started off as a Modern...teen sorta rp (1 year),
and then our RPCs got sucked into a portal and flung back into time to a Fantasy setting (2nd year).
Then we were transported back into the modern ages with some of the fantasy creatures following us (3rd year).
Then we were transported back into the Fantasy setting with some of our modern day friends where most of them got slaughtered (very bloody, emotional, and horrifying...tack on 3 more years please [So that'd be on Year 6]).
And then this Mage in the story announced that the culrpit of this constant Time Shift and disturbing the natural peace and order is an evil scientist dude in the future.
The Mage and the rest of the Fantasy world declares war on the future, and suddenly the entire Fantasy realm is sucked into a Time Portal and full-on attacks the Future, in this big a** battle of almost invincible Dragons versus Star fairing Battleships. (That made up 2 years of constant, almost day-to-day rping...until it died crying )
Amazing what Time travel does to an rp...  

Delta 8O8

6,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

RojaZorra

Bashful Fox

20,425 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:13 pm
Longest 1x1 Rp I've ever participated in.. I'd probably say its only been a year. Sometimes my partner gets bored and we start new ones out of nowhere, but we always go back to the one that stands out the most and its taken us to a whole year and hopefully even longer than that. It started out with two characters, then those two spawned two kids, those kids grew up and now they are middle schoolers. I like it when time advances.

My very first rp character has lasted 8 years via 1x1 Rp. The partners change but her diary of her past follows to each new partner/ person she encounters. I'd really like to keep her going forever. She was always my favorite.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:32 pm
Well...Since you added yours I may as well put in my input.
Longest Character I've ever had is this one *points to Avi*
Delta, in all shapes and sizes. Through thick and thin, has been with me for as long I've Roleplayed...  

Delta 8O8

6,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kalikanna

Shy Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I had two role plays that we epically long. The first one I had just started high and met this girl that taught me how to roleplay, we rped during class, over aim, over gaia. That roleplay after we printed everything and put it all back together ended up being 2667 pages. It just died off. As for the other I rp with this guy that I found a one on one thread. He's very intelligent and we became friends. We began roleplaying almost a month ago and Have went about 200+ pages when you transfer it over to a word document. It's still going on ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:51 pm
In interests of poking dead threads.

My longest 1x1 RP has been going for. . . oh, Maths. Since 1998, whatever that makes it. I was a sophomore in high school and new to the text based RP systems having just come off tabletop games. He was a senior and looking for a way to stay in touch with our tabletop group when he left for college that summer. I was the only one of the group he managed to convince to try this text thing and neither of us had a clue what we were doing.

It started a simple high fantasy quest sort of right of passage story that evolved into a convoluted epic of conquest and fall then redemption and penance and moved into plane hopping then faithful service of a sleeping god and is now in a special place that is incredibly difficult to describe and sometimes branches out into multiple, different groups of multi-player portions but still has a 1x1 core underlying the offshoots.

Somewhere around the fall and redemption part we traded GM responsibility, got new characters, skipped worlds, fast forwarded a few millenia and the game looks nothing like it started but there are still little hints of the early days hidden like Easter eggs in the corners of newer things.

Life has taken a toll on our pursuit of this plot but we still pick it up every now and then and elements from it often make cameos into our other games. In fact many of our other games weave into this one epic plot for a rich tapestry of play spanning many worlds and generations of characters.

Oddly enough this is not really my favorite 1x1 RP, though it does hold a very special place in my heart.

My favorite 1x1 RP was one I forced an apprentice of mine to run because I was tired of GMing and thought it would do her some good to run something for once, or at least it would make her more appreciative of the work involved.

She gave me a list of movies and told me to tell her which ones I had not seen (Inkheart and Cloverfield) then forbade me from seeing them (I still haven't for some reason). She more or less stole the starting plot from those movies, as I understand it, but I was just glad to be playing and not having to run things.

Within the first hour of in-game time she destroyed my character's city and put his family in mortal peril. Within the first 24 hours she'd killed his wife and left him to take care of his 6 year old daughter and a neighbor's 10 year old son while the world was being eaten by monsters. Within the first 48 he'd lost both children and gotten his butt kicked by the evil wizard type guy that was destroying the world who then sent him to another world he'd already destroyed. And it just went downhill from there. My character ended up in the evil wizard's past with total amnesia and became, first the wizard's mentor teaching him how to fight and stand up for himself (this was before the evil) and then the direct cause of the wizard turning evil (when he regained his memory and rage killed the wizard, well, tried to anyway). In the end the wizard saved my character's life when the demon that my character had made a deal with to give him the power to fight the wizard (she's the one who sent him to the wizard's past and took his memory for it) turned on both of us and tried to steal the wizard's power so she could rule the universe.

That's an incredibly condensed version of course that really doesn't do it justice at all. The whole thing was gloriously messed up and tragic, dealing with themes like the definition of evil, free will vs fate, nature vs nurture, and familial bonds. There were even lots of awful little details that pointed to all this from the very beginning. I was impressed with the forethought and how she knew me well enough to manipulate me into the situation (in my defense we'd been RPing together for 10 years). And all this from a first time GM. She's now an English major at a large private university that specializes in creative writing, as she should be.

That one ran for about half a year of daily IM RP (because we had no lives) and produced over 2,000 pages of text (after cleaning out the chatter and tags).  

umbraja
Crew

Aquanautic Artist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:09 am
Longest rp... Gosh it's been years! About seven I want to say. Its still running and so far its been great. Everything continues to move forward, new twists, turns, the unexpected, etc. There needs to be more like this o.o  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:24 pm
I have never been a part of a one on one
role-play. I know that sounds shameful.
Random people have presented themselves
in hopes of one on one'ing with me, but I
guess I just never had any interest. Now,
I really wish that I had.....

..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..

TheWindAlchemist

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:29 pm
Four and a half years. We posted twice a day or so and it just never really hit an ending. It was a mix of slave, action, military, fantasy, and romance. Had a lot of fun, but we both quit gaia for a bit.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:14 pm
Erm, my oldest started in 2008 and kinda fizzled at the start of this year, so about 3 years. Was a typical vampires vs mages kinda thing, and super fun.

If I judge by the emails traded back and forth... 1,885 posts. Tried to transfer it to Word and gave up around 150 pages in (which was about a third of it).

Long RP's aren't too weird for me. I have one at 1,055 posts starting in 2009, and my next shortest is 727. I have countless more that only lasted a few months and fizzled out, which leaves me with a surplus of poor, unused characters... xDDD;; 1 on 1 RP's are my preferred choice. I couldn't tell you how long other ones were... I was usually the GM for them, and since it was with a group, I had a definite plot and ending planned. With posts of about four a day, they usually ended in a couple of months.

I love all these posts about all these incredibly long rp's... you guys rule xDD  

Carnivorous Muffin

Neko Shizumi

Inquisitive Conversationalist

12,925 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:22 am
3 years, and still going strong.

Communication, never have a talked and developed plot so in depth with anyone else. It helps, you have goals to reach, battles to fight. Like climbing a latter, you cant get to the end unless you start at the bottom. Also, it helps having patience and flexibility. We can't post everyday, sometimes it will be a month. But we still make it through, also, we continually plot and plan. Currently we are talking about a phase two once the antagonist is defeated.

Yep. Fun stuff.  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces