Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Circle Casting - do you or don't you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:09 pm
xOx KiZA xOx
Violet! After reading your post, I realized how quickly I had made my statement. As for the evangelizing, that was something that passed over from another guild that has members who basically were saying that their path of paganism was the right path and everyone else who followed a different one was doing it wrong xp But after I went back and decided not to be lazy, I read what was really going on! Thanks! 3nodding

Oh wow, really? What was their path? That just seems bizarre to say that one's faith is the "correct" one. I mean, who's to even say that those gods want everyone to follow them? O_o

Thank you for clarifying what you meant ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:23 am
If I'm offering a quick bit of thanks then no I won't cast. For spells I will.  

krav majo

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:14 am
satchbot

Why does your spell work require a circle?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:37 pm
Morgandria
satchbot

i've noticed that alot of books tell you that you have to raise a circle for any and all spells of any kind.

i would have to go plunder through my bookshelves to find the particular titles, but right now i'm being lazy, it's my day off, lol.  

whiporwill-o

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:56 pm
whiporwill-o
Morgandria
satchbot

i've noticed that alot of books tell you that you have to raise a circle for any and all spells of any kind.

i would have to go plunder through my bookshelves to find the particular titles, but right now i'm being lazy, it's my day off, lol.

All that says to me is that there are a lot of lazy writers out there, who don't really understand what a circle is for. There are just as many magical traditions and styles out there that don't cast circles, as there are those that do.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:26 pm
Morgandria
whiporwill-o
Morgandria
satchbot

All that says to me is that there are a lot of lazy writers out there, who don't really understand what a circle is for. There are just as many magical traditions and styles out there that don't cast circles, as there are those that do.

they may not know what circles are for (to be honest, i'm not too sure myself sweatdrop but i don't generally use them either) not being a 'mainstream' religion tends to limit what we can learn from reliable sources. then throw into the mix that there are a few reliable sources but they all preach, teach and practice different things, alot of people, myself included, end up picking and stitching together a path that feels right to them.  

whiporwill-o

xOx KiZA xOx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
xOx KiZA xOx
Violet! After reading your post, I realized how quickly I had made my statement. As for the evangelizing, that was something that passed over from another guild that has members who basically were saying that their path of paganism was the right path and everyone else who followed a different one was doing it wrong xp But after I went back and decided not to be lazy, I read what was really going on! Thanks! 3nodding

Oh wow, really? What was their path? That just seems bizarre to say that one's faith is the "correct" one. I mean, who's to even say that those gods want everyone to follow them? O_o

Thank you for clarifying what you meant ^_^

You're welcome!! smile
I wish I could remember what their path was, but that was so long ago! I'd stopped hanging out in guilds for a while until now because it was getting crazy! ^^ And I know! If I was a god, I wouldn't want all of the 6 billion people of Earth following me! XD  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:59 pm
I use one every time, but thats just me.  

hellokayle

KillerQueen Bash

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:14 am
User Image
I always use circles for rituals, and I would never cast a spell without a circle of protection.
If I'm praying or doing light meditation, then I don't cast a circle. But if I'm offering something or I plan to go into deep meditation, then I will cast a circle.
It all really depends on what I'm doing.

Credit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:54 pm
Right now I am exploring different types of ways of creating sacred space and the place between the worlds. In two years I will know how to do them according to the Tradition I am going to train in. For now I try a new way every time, just to try new results.

As I am exploring different paths and experimenting with different ritual styles, I have learned that some ritual styles flow better than others.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Wicca Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:55 pm
For large scale spells/rituals, its harder for me to gather energy without a circle. So usually i do circles. There are certain spells such as sudden moment quick thinking spells that i have such as "thrice around the circle bound, evil sink into the ground!" usually i have to use it when im feeling a lot of bad vibes/energy from someone.

I cast my circle thanking each element respectively [earth air fire water spirit] and the god's and goddesses that came that night. usually i don't draw a pentacle but instead just your average joe circle. But in certain coming of age/magick rites, i tend to graph symbols of elemental magick inside my circle.

I also use salt and lavender for necessary cleansing of the circle.

But that is just me. I don't use an altar much, usually just surround the circle as a whole.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:25 pm
I do. It makes me feel safe.
I just use my left hand and some good ol' visualization to cast it, just a circle around me. Then the circle spreads up and down, much like one of those football stadiums where the roof moves. I suck at explaining. xD  

o sunflower king

havenne17

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:58 pm
Jenny Artucio
I do. It makes me feel safe.
I just use my left hand and some good ol' visualization to cast it, just a circle around me. Then the circle spreads up and down, much like one of those football stadiums where the roof moves. I suck at explaining. xD

I think I understand. You have a purpose to the construction, a motion to begin the construction and a simile to aid in understanding.

I think I use something related to a circle both in shape and function even though I have spent most of my 'organized' pagan time in a group which fully maintained it didn't use circles (but really kind of did....long story, lol).
Since I've only done solitary work for awhile my ritual constructs are fairly simple and are more an energy shape than something defined by physically laying down materials.
Then again, when I want to be formal, my back patio was laid down with a circle in the pavement with the four points of the compass laid into it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:33 pm
I cast a circle 1 time a day but only so, when i medatate i dont desturb the others and so any negitve energy does not interfer also so i can allow one the animals can be next to me while i medatate. i use to use 5 candels blue white red yellow and green but i can nolonger do that so i use 1 white candel some earth in a green bowl water in a blue bowl a yellow bowl with ony air in it and 1 red candel this way i can medatate in or outside of my home and it helps me center myself so i can better help others.  

child of ice1982

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games