Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:41 am
Inquisitor Brock
A rifle has rifling, a cannon is smooth.

The M1 Abrams uses a smooth bore cannon.
So the Challenger 2 tank has a 120mm rifle on it then, does it?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:31 am
This isn't the strongest, most likely, but it's funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VVOH7Ep_8w  

The Drildo

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:08 am
Fresnel
Inquisitor Brock

Correct.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:16 am
Inquisitor Brock
Fresnel
Inquisitor Brock

Correct.
Then Dora was the most powerful rifle ever created.

Unless you know of a rifle larger than 800mm with shells heavier than eight tons?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:43 am
If Dora is the answer, then I actually got something right (almost) for once?

But wait, if I shot slugs out of a 20 ga. bolt action shotgun (smoothbore) could it then be called a cannon? There is technically no actual shot present.

and what about the ye olde muskets that had no rifling?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:27 pm
Man of the Demoneye

But wait, if I shot slugs out of a 20 ga. bolt action shotgun (smoothbore) could it then be called a cannon? There is technically no actual shot present.

Different Classification of weapons. Bore isn't the only thing considerd in classing a fire arm.  

Onani Master Luna Thoth

Hygienic Humorist

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:40 pm
Flowergirl0
Man of the Demoneye

Different Classification of weapons. Bore isn't the only thing considerd in classing a fire arm.

Figured as much. Oh well, I guess it was worth a shot.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:15 pm
What size was Karl?  

OberFeldwebel

Anima_Raptor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:32 pm
Flowergirl0
Man of the Demoneye

Ya, we have kinda been nit picking at the idea of a rifle for a bit huh?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:38 pm
Fresnel
Inquisitor Brock
Fresnel
Inquisitor Brock

Correct.
Then Dora was the most powerful rifle ever created.

Unless you know of a rifle larger than 800mm with shells heavier than eight tons?

In that form of rifle, correct.

But man portable, it'd be something like that 20mm anzio ironworks one.  

Inquisitor Brock

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:40 pm
That Super Scot
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VVOH7Ep_8w
I have another contender along that vein.

Quote:
The .600 Overkill was designed by Robert Garnick of Las Vegas, Nevada. It was intended to be the largest bullet that was able to fit in the CZ550, and was designed specifically for the purpose of elephant hunting. The CZ550 is able to fit 2 cartridges, with slight alterations. With solid brass bullets, the .600 overkill is able to penetrate 6 feet (1.8 m) into solid oak.

The .600 Overkill has the ability to fire a 900-grain (58 g) bullet at more than 2,400 ft/s (730 m/s), At this level of power, as the bullet spins down the barrel, the rifle is torqued in the opposite direction, often twisting the rifle out of the shooter's hand. Recoil in standard-weight hunting rifles (10 lbs. or less) is far beyond what most shooters will tolerate.
As a note, the CZ550 has a 5-round magazine in 9.3mm. The fact that it takes alterations to fit only TWO is impressive.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:22 pm
Fresnel
That Super Scot

Quote:
The .600 Overkill was designed by Robert Garnick of Las Vegas, Nevada. It was intended to be the largest bullet that was able to fit in the CZ550, and was designed specifically for the purpose of elephant hunting. The CZ550 is able to fit 2 cartridges, with slight alterations. With solid brass bullets, the .600 overkill is able to penetrate 6 feet (1.8 m) into solid oak.

The .600 Overkill has the ability to fire a 900-grain (58 g) bullet at more than 2,400 ft/s (730 m/s), At this level of power, as the bullet spins down the barrel, the rifle is torqued in the opposite direction, often twisting the rifle out of the shooter's hand. Recoil in standard-weight hunting rifles (10 lbs. or less) is far beyond what most shooters will tolerate.
As a note, the CZ550 has a 5-round magazine in 9.3mm. The fact that it takes alterations to fit only TWO is impressive.

Links? Pics? references?  

Anima_Raptor

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:20 pm
Anima_Raptor
Fresnel
That Super Scot

Quote:

Links? Pics? references? Wiki, sorry. All I can find are pictures of CZ550s with huge muzzle brakes.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:54 pm
I define a rifle as "a man-portable, non-mounted weapon, firing single projectiles from either a smoothbore or rifled barrel"  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:22 pm
Sgt Buckner
I define a rifle as "a man-portable, non-mounted weapon, firing single projectiles from either a smoothbore or rifled barrel"
I wasn't aware there was a type of barrel that was neither smooth bore nor rifled.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff