Welcome to Gaia! ::

Furry Fandom Fantasy Discussion and RP Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's friendliest furry guild. We even have ID cards. 

Tags: furry, anthro, furrie, fandom, roleplay 

Reply Main Thread
Why does everyone hate Furries? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:59 pm
Sanguvixen
Shard Of Ronin
I don't think it's as complex as all this. People need a scapegoat, it's been jews and gays and blacks and communists and so on, and that's just here in Europe.

Everyone needs someone to hate, and we're the easy target of the age. Small in number, easily alienated, and most importantly, 'different.'

We're the token 'wrong' thing with the world, we just have to wait this out.

For Googles sake don't ever compare what we deal with to what the jews/blacks/gays/communists dealt with, okay? There is no comparison.

People target us because it is fun to do so. It's like trolling twitards. Troll them and then you'll understand why people troll furries. People enjoy getting a dramatic and butt-hurt response. Especially on the internet.

I'm not comparing us, I'm comparing the mentality behind the hate.

You think most people ever really believe their own reasons for it? It's just fish in a barrel.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:36 pm
Shard Of Ronin
Sanguvixen
Shard Of Ronin
I don't think it's as complex as all this. People need a scapegoat, it's been jews and gays and blacks and communists and so on, and that's just here in Europe.

Everyone needs someone to hate, and we're the easy target of the age. Small in number, easily alienated, and most importantly, 'different.'

For Googles sake don't ever compare what we deal with to what the jews/blacks/gays/communists dealt with, okay? There is no comparison.

People target us because it is fun to do so. It's like trolling twitards. Troll them and then you'll understand why people troll furries. People enjoy getting a dramatic and butt-hurt response. Especially on the internet.

You think most people ever really believe their own reasons for it? It's just fish in a barrel.

It's not a valid comparison. When you compare the mentality behind the hate you are comparing us to them, and that's something you don't do period.

Furries don't have to deal with being beaten, tortured, killed, massacred, imprisoned, due to people "hating us" or "Scape-goating us". Besides people don't scape-goat us and people don't hate us as much as we think they do. We all just have this persecution complex, because we're too full of ourselves to realize, yes we're being targeted unfairly but that's nothing special.

What we really have is an entire mass of people who flaunt their fetish's and stuff all over the place, setting themselves up to being paranoid that if people find out they are furrie people will think less of them...then again that's the price you pay when you start taking your sexual kinks and stuff and advertising it to the internet.

For the ones who don't they have to deal with the consequences of being in a fandom where many of the people give it a bad taste in the eyes of outsiders because they let all common sense go out the window. Not that it matters because if you get targeted all you have to say is "I'm not one of those kinds of furries so shut the ******** up" and usually it works.

What we deal with on a regular basis is bawwing from our own member base who demand acceptance but cannot even tolerate differing opinions. You take this mess and you throw trolls in, and then you've got butt-hurtness every day of the week because people pretend to hate us to get a rise, and tv shows falsely portray us to give us rating (which is not new, they did it to D&D and to gamers).

For the few times we actually deal with people hating us, it's not worth even thinking about because the person would probably hate you anyway if you were into something else different, such as Anime, or gaming, because the person is predisposed to be a retarad when it comes to difference.

There is no point ever comparing our situation, and the mentality of the hate directed towards us to what groups like gays, blacks, jews, and communists deal with. It's a whole different ball field when you take the time to understand it.

Sanguvixen

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:26 pm
They hate us because we're different, people who hate furries should be cateogrized as racists. They also might hate us because they think the only reason why we're furries is so we can yiff, but as furries we do alot more than yiff...we talk about yiffing too 3nodding I hope you know im joking, I know not all furries yiff, I dont yiff and I go to furry meet ups IRL, the majority of them do "yiff" in a way, while others just like to talk about what they have in common with each other.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:43 pm
The only reason Furries are hated is because we're different.
Anything that isn't "perfect" society is bad or should be completely ignored. Too bad we aren't the latter.  

Wolven Zhael

SyytheX

3,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:27 pm
i agree. also i asked a few of my friends about their view on it. all of them were positive. my best friend replied "Awesome" when i asked him  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:05 am
lol @ furries thinking they are the equivalents of Jews and gays rofl

your not special, you just have a fetish, the only people who talk s**t about furries probably watch The Jerry Springer Show  

BazzBrother

BazzBrother

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:11 am
Sanguvixen
Shard Of Ronin
Sanguvixen
Shard Of Ronin

It's not a valid comparison. When you compare the mentality behind the hate you are comparing us to them, and that's something you don't do period.

Furries don't have to deal with being beaten, tortured, killed, massacred, imprisoned, due to people "hating us" or "Scape-goating us". Besides people don't scape-goat us and people don't hate us as much as we think they do. We all just have this persecution complex, because we're too full of ourselves to realize, yes we're being targeted unfairly but that's nothing special.

What we really have is an entire mass of people who flaunt their fetish's and stuff all over the place, setting themselves up to being paranoid that if people find out they are furrie people will think less of them...then again that's the price you pay when you start taking your sexual kinks and stuff and advertising it to the internet.

For the ones who don't they have to deal with the consequences of being in a fandom where many of the people give it a bad taste in the eyes of outsiders because they let all common sense go out the window. Not that it matters because if you get targeted all you have to say is "I'm not one of those kinds of furries so shut the ******** up" and usually it works.

What we deal with on a regular basis is bawwing from our own member base who demand acceptance but cannot even tolerate differing opinions. You take this mess and you throw trolls in, and then you've got butt-hurtness every day of the week because people pretend to hate us to get a rise, and tv shows falsely portray us to give us rating (which is not new, they did it to D&D and to gamers).

For the few times we actually deal with people hating us, it's not worth even thinking about because the person would probably hate you anyway if you were into something else different, such as Anime, or gaming, because the person is predisposed to be a retarad when it comes to difference.

There is no point ever comparing our situation, and the mentality of the hate directed towards us to what groups like gays, blacks, jews, and communists deal with. It's a whole different ball field when you take the time to understand it.
*applause* I knew I shouldn't of ignored this long post, you saved me the time of saying it all my self cool your now my favorite poster....even though you embody all that which I hate, why? for no reason really, just because most anime loving furries are asexual atheists...I guess in order to deal with being different you have to be REALLY different. You know how hard it is to find some one who is simply a furry? or simply gay? or simply atheist? they usually have to have the whole re-mix 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:00 pm
BazzBrother
*applause* I knew I shouldn't of ignored this long post, you saved me the time of saying it all my self cool your now my favorite poster....even though you embody all that which I hate, why? for no reason really, just because most anime loving furries are asexual atheists...I guess in order to deal with being different you have to be REALLY different. You know how hard it is to find some one who is simply a furry? or simply gay? or simply atheist? they usually have to have the whole re-mix 3nodding

I don't know where you find this or if you don't like furries why your here. But I would like to say I am Straight, Christian and a Furry. So don't generalize.  

Little Kanade
Vice Captain

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Nekuia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:20 am
I said somewhere else. we aren't hated. we've been over done and dis-carded. cry but it doesn't matter! we know who we are, and thats all that matters  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:25 am
Little Kanade
BazzBrother

I don't know where you find this or if you don't like furries why your here. But I would like to say I am Straight, Christian and a Furry. So don't generalize.
OH MY GAWD!!! 4laugh  

BazzBrother

Isaol-the-wolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:29 pm
Like i said in the other topic thats similar, Its sad that topics like this are most popular...We could complain about what other people think, or we could accept the fact that they're A-holes, and move on.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:44 pm
BazzBrother
Sanguvixen
Shard Of Ronin
Sanguvixen
Shard Of Ronin

It makes me happy to see that people are taking the time to read what I write even though I am infrequently on this site.

That said, Anime loving furry? I don't know how to respond to this...it's slightly insulting. I don't know where you got the idea that I "Am an anime loving furry" but, I don't watch/like anime. Also, what of it if I am Asexual (which is not a choice) and atheist (Which is irrelevant). Being a furry is a hobby, so there is no point connecting other things to it.

Also, do not make that mistake ever of thinking I care enough to "Try to be different" because I'm not so foolish as to get into that stupid game. All people are held together by a single common thing, which is that all people are different. If you try to be different, you are doing it wrong. You be yourself and if being yourself means you happen to be a mix of things different to the average society, what of it?

Sanguvixen

Little Kanade
Vice Captain

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Sanguvixen
BazzBrother
Sanguvixen
Shard Of Ronin
Sanguvixen
Shard Of Ronin

It makes me happy to see that people are taking the time to read what I write even though I am infrequently on this site.

That said, Anime loving furry? I don't know how to respond to this...it's slightly insulting. I don't know where you got the idea that I "Am an anime loving furry" but, I don't watch/like anime. Also, what of it if I am Asexual (which is not a choice) and atheist (Which is irrelevant). Being a furry is a hobby, so there is no point connecting other things to it.

Also, do not make that mistake ever of thinking I care enough to "Try to be different" because I'm not so foolish as to get into that stupid game. All people are held together by a single common thing, which is that all people are different. If you try to be different, you are doing it wrong. You be yourself and if being yourself means you happen to be a mix of things different to the average society, what of it?

Wow you're good with wording things haha. I have the same thoughts but as seen in my post above not as nicely worded.

And Sanguvixen Your posts are always read and supply lots of information so thanks for when you are on coming and posting your thoughts. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:40 am
word cool  

BazzBrother

Mayu ver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:45 am
Furries need to stand up and fight!  
Main Thread

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers