Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:10 pm
Owwin
Meta_Fish
Precisely. That's why it would be so weird if a Kirby game actually had a good storyline that was interesting rather than something about dreams, nightmares, and shortcake.
But turn based RPG's are so boring. You need a good story to make them playable.

Paper Mario disagrees.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm
Allegro
Owwin
Meta_Fish
Precisely. That's why it would be so weird if a Kirby game actually had a good storyline that was interesting rather than something about dreams, nightmares, and shortcake.
But turn based RPG's are so boring. You need a good story to make them playable.

Paper Mario disagrees.

YEAAAAAAAAAH!

And also~ all characters would have victory poses....
Kirby~ That cute dance of his. (Jokes, anyone?)
Dedede~ Scoffs and pretends the fight was nothing, though he is obviously exhausted.
Meta Knight~ Spins around in the dimension cape and turns away from the camera.
Adelaine(?)~ Winks, throws up her paintbrush and catches it as she smiles at the camera.
Waddle Doo (I decided to make him al fancy and have a monocle. His proto name is Waddlus Doopington III)~ Sits down and sighs, wiping his monocle clean.
Knuckle Joe~ Punches t show off and then sits down to meditate.

Level Up Poses
Kirby~ Is facing the opposite way cluelessly and then turns around to smile at the camera.
Dedede~ Poses, trying to show muscle. And failing.
Meta Knight~ Slashes his sword twice before expanding his wings, similar to his taunt in brawl.
Adelaine~ Strikes a pose, knocking over an empty canvas accidentally.
Waddlus Doopington III~ Spins in place three times before combing his hair (eyelashes?) back
Knuckle Joe~ Breaks a concrete block with a headbutt and then bows.

Defeat Poses
Kirby~ Falls down in defeat face-first, knocked out on the floor.
Dedede~ Falls back. Shortly after, the hammer falls and hits him in the face, giving him a goofy expression.
Meta Knight~ Staggers for a moment but kneels down, his mask sliding off his face and his sword escaping his hands. He clutches his chest.
Adelaine~ Adelaine lies down saying, 'Maybe... i'll feel better... after a nap...' as her beret falls on her face and her paintbrush rolls aside.
Waddlus Doopington III~ His monocle falls off his eye as he passes out, his eyes in a spiral.
Knuckle Joe~ Tries to attack one last time, but trips and is KO'd.

This has become my assignment, so you'll be hearing innovations from me every now and then.  

otawara

Gotham Blackmask

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:17 pm
It would work, Super Mario RPG turned out well.

Yeah, wimsical cartoonish RPGs dont really seem possible though. (Still, It would work.)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:21 pm
Allegro
Owwin
Meta_Fish

Paper Mario disagrees.
With those little reaction commands it takes a lot of the boring out.  

Owwin

Yin Yun Yang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:38 am
Maybe for the final boss they could bring Zero back again, again, Zero, Zero Two, have a Zero Three now.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:41 pm
Yin Yun Yang
Maybe for the final boss they could bring Zero back again, again, Zero, Zero Two, have a Zero Three now.
O zone. A horrifying combination of Zero's Dark Matter, Drawcia's Paint Power, the remnants of the wish machine Nova, the ancient power of Dark Nebula, Dark Mind's Mirror Power, and the Nightmare.  

Owwin

Yin Yun Yang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:03 pm
Owwin
Yin Yun Yang
O zone. A horrifying combination of Zero's Dark Matter, Drawcia's Paint Power, the remnants of the wish machine Nova, the ancient power of Dark Nebula, Dark Mind's Mirror Power, and the Nightmare.
That would be crazy evil awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:54 am

I'd definitely down with this idea. I'm a pretty big RPG whore myself and would love to see anything translated into an RPG, so long as it's done well.

But yeah, Kirby really lends itself to something like a Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga style RPG.

That being said, I'd s**t bricks if this ever ACTUALLY happened.

Oni Spumoni

Junior Bloodsucker

5,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Trop003

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:13 pm
otawara

Waddle Doo (I decided to make him al fancy and have a monocle. His proto name is Waddlus Doopington III)~ Sits down and sighs, wiping his monocle clean.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Had to get this down before it left my head.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:30 pm
Owwin
Allegro
Owwin
Meta_Fish

Paper Mario disagrees.
With those little reaction commands it takes a lot of the boring out.
They could just do that with Kirby and it would be cool.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:38 pm
Meta_Fish
That is what I was saying (did i put that in type?) earlier. For the chill, spark, and other shield things you could shake the wiimote really hard to make the field bigger and stronger, maybe even big enough to protect your teammate. For sword and fighter there could be directional swings. Lazer, could be a point and click thing, as could Magic, but with multiple targets. I find the Mario and Luigi reaction commands more satisfying than the Paper Mario ones for some reason. Maybe some counters and dodges like that?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:45 pm
Owwin
Meta_Fish
That is what I was saying (did i put that in type?) earlier. For the chill, spark, and other shield things you could shake the wiimote really hard to make the field bigger and stronger, maybe even big enough to protect your teammate. For sword and fighter there could be directional swings. Lazer, could be a point and click thing, as could Magic, but with multiple targets. I find the Mario and Luigi reaction commands more satisfying than the Paper Mario ones for some reason. Maybe some counters and dodges like that?
I like both, so either could work, and motion controls would lend themselves well to Kirby games in any way.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas