Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
psychic vampires Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

so what do you think about psychic vampires?
  real
  scam
View Results

Katsumi Aki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:09 am
Sanguina Cruenta
THOU SHALT NOT CALL THESE PEOPLE VAMPIRES. It encourages them.

For some reason, it gives them the impression that they are actually vampires. And that is something up with which I shall not put!

Well said.
Not to mention it'll give more for the obsessive Twilight fans to feed on, no pun intended.*

*No offense to Twilight or those who like it, but some take it overboard.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:06 pm
I had my energy drained by a psy vamp. Not fun.  

Koigokoro Konjou

skywalkerlover

IRL Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:09 am
Never met a vamp, personally, but everyone calls me a vampire wanna-be. It's slightly depressing when they call me that, but I don't care anymore.

No, im not a Twilight fan, but I must state this, Twilight ruined the title of Vampires. Im sorry Twilight fans, but it did. Like seriously.......vampires......do not......sparkle.

Sorry.....im ranting on again.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:45 pm
While I find fantasy stories of vampires to sometimes be interesting (Interview with a vampire was a great book,Twilight was...decent at best, Dracula was okay), But real vampires do not exist, and I have heard of these psy vamps before. In my opinion it's utter pish-posh. xP
Are there people who take the place of energy conduits, absorbing the spiritual energy from someone? Perhaps, but this is not a vampire. I don't think this is a complete possibility, either.

If you ask me, this sounds a lot more like a recreational activity for those who practice Satanic rituals. (No, not real satanism. The sort of satan-worshipping, invert pentagram biggots who are drinking red wine pretending it's freaking blood).

The impact one could have on controlling energy from other like that would be..phenomenal, if not metaphysical! Rest assured if people with such capabilities existed, they would be under research by the american government.

And Reapersgal13, I doubt you are dependant on the energy from others. Perhaps this is just a matter of drawing energy and not grounding afterwards?  

SADERR

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:04 pm
Don't know if I've posted in this one yet.....
But anyway, I absolutely abhor the concept of vampires, both blood and psychic. It's ridiculous and stupid and is used by people wanting attention. I've hated the idea even more since my exboyfriend started going on and on about how he's a blood vampire with amazing powers and all this s**t. He even bit his own sister because he "didn't want her to die like all humans".
People like that are unstable and need to be put in to a mental hospital.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:08 am
Ok, I believe that if you believe in something very strongly, then it is real to you and therefore, in a way, is true and real.
I strongly believe that actual vampires exist(though I do not believe they sparkle ;D) because I was one in a past life(yell at me all you will)
If u say that something is unreal or fake, if that something is what someone really believes in, then you are being closeminded and ignorant.
HOWEVER~ you yourself have the freedom to beleive or disbelieve whatever. Im just saying not to bash other peoples beliefs biggrin

BE OPENMINDED EVERYONE!!! isnt that one of the things that pagans are supposed to be? openminded and tolerant of other's beliefs??

sorry for the long post guys.  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:10 am
Tari_Leralonde
Don't know if I've posted in this one yet.....
But anyway, I absolutely abhor the concept of vampires, both blood and psychic. It's ridiculous and stupid and is used by people wanting attention. I've hated the idea even more since my exboyfriend started going on and on about how he's a blood vampire with amazing powers and all this s**t. He even bit his own sister because he "didn't want her to die like all humans".
People like that are unstable and need to be put in to a mental hospital.

people would also say that people that believe they are witches/perform magic/talk to spirits should be put in a mental hospital.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:31 am
EbonyxXxDiamond

people would also say that people that believe they are witches/perform magic/talk to spirits should be put in a mental hospital.

It is one thing to believe something others don't. You can do so intelligently, logically, and in a manner that draws no negative attention. It's another thing to actually physically hurt, harrass, or annoy another person because of what you believe.

If you believe in vampires, fine. The minute that belief begins to override other people's personal space and becomes injury or harrassment, then it's a problem.

And really? The people that get that sort of negative attention because they're witches or vampires or psychic toasters from Mars,
are typically unable to control their behaviors and thoughts because of a mental disorder, or are deliberately seeking out that attention. Some people can't tell the difference between positive and negative attention - any attention at all will do for them.

99% of the 'vampires' I have met online or in person are drama queens or attention-whores. They have no physical deficiencies that would require 'feeding' - rather they have an addiction to stealing your energy through whatever means possible. They're
thieves and leeches - which is something I won't abide.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:06 am
The last time I was at a 4th of July festival, there was a lot of energy buzzing around. They weren't focusing on me, but the ambient energy was very... um... tasty?

Reading this thread, something rather funny struck me - many pagans, as far as I know, connect with the planet to draw energies into themselves. If doing this to people makes them feel tired and drained, I wonder how the planet feels.

EbonyxXxDiamond
I strongly believe that actual vampires exist(though I do not believe they sparkle ;D) because I was one in a past life(yell at me all you will)

That depends on what kind of "vampire" you were. If you are a vampire that was clearly invented in the modern era, I will at the very least giggle at you. Most traits people commonly associate with vampires (burning in sunlight, pale skin, death by stake, etc.) are modern inventions.

In fact, burning in the sunlight comes from the 1922 Dracula-knockoff film Nosferatu. Before that point, it was believed that vampires only went dormant in the daylight - they most certainly never burned. (If you really think about it, this is an utterly ridiculous belief for people who actually went out and staked the bodies and removed the heads of dead people they believed to be vampires in broad daylight to have.)

So, if someone claims they must be a vampire because they cannot tolerate sunlight, you can laugh at them because they are claiming to be a creature that was more or less invented in their great-grandparents' time.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:05 pm
Yanueh
So, if someone claims they must be a vampire because they cannot tolerate sunlight, you can laugh at them because they are claiming to be a creature that was more or less invented in their great-grandparents' time.

Thank goddess that's not the sole item needed to be labeled a vampire, otherwise I would be one, lol.

raging-earth

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:31 pm
EbonyxXxDiamond
Ok, I believe that if you believe in something very strongly, then it is real to you and therefore, in a way, is true and real.

No.
It is only subjectively real to the person, only subjectively true and statements/ideas are usually conveyed in such a manner as to let people know that.
Quote:

Why should we care what you were in a past life?
You're a human now.
Quote:
If u say that something is unreal or fake, if that something is what someone really believes in, then you are being closeminded and ignorant.

No, I'm not.
Unless you define being "closeminded and ignorant" as being decently rooted in reality and knowing what the general myths say vs. some attention-whoring teenager, then yes, I am happily and gleefully closeminded. I recommend you try it.

Quote:
HOWEVER~ you yourself have the freedom to beleive or disbelieve whatever. Im just saying not to bash other peoples beliefs biggrin

It's not a matter of belief; most of these nutters who run around claiming to be vampires can be shown to NOT BE VAMPIRES.

Quote:
BE OPENMINDED EVERYONE!!!

NO.
Because people like you have made being "open-minded" akin to being stupid with a positive spin. In order to be considered "open-minded" I apparently have to swallow whatever bullshit line of belief or thought you feed me without questioning or thinking about it. And because of that, I give a hearty "******** you" to being open-minded. I would rather maintain my standards thx.
Quote:
isnt that one of the things that pagans are supposed to be?

No.
Being Pagan simply means you don't worship the God of Abraham. It implies no personality characteristics.
Quote:
openminded and tolerant of other's beliefs??

Why should I be openminded and tolerant of the Frosts and what they perpetuate as Wicca? Are you tolerant of kiddie rapists? What about the racist ******** Asatru who try to tell me that my gods apparently only love blonde-haired, blue-eyed Norther Europeans? Should I let them cow me out of my faith just so I can be tolerant?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:42 pm
I do not believe in sanguine vampires.
With human DNA, drinking human blood.. it doesn't digest and it'll make you very ill. Even those who claim "omg, I'm a vampire!" still have human DNA.

I don't believe that psychic vampires are real in the sense that they NEED to feed or else, but I do believe that you can steal another person's energy. I've seen it done and felt it attempted.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:54 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Quote:

NO.
Because people like you have made being "open-minded" akin to being stupid with a positive spin. In order to be considered "open-minded" I apparently have to swallow whatever bullshit line of belief or thought you feed me without questioning or thinking about it. And because of that, I give a hearty "******** you" to being open-minded. I would rather maintain my standards thx.

That reminds me of this awesome video.

A person can believe in vampires, past lives, or Bigfoot, yet be just as closed-minded as the people they are trying to convince. In fact, they may be even more closed-minded because they won't consider any explanation other than the supernatural one they hold.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:44 am
Yanueh
Violet Song jat Shariff
Quote:

NO.

That reminds me of this awesome video.

A person can believe in vampires, past lives, or Bigfoot, yet be just as closed-minded as the people they are trying to convince. In fact, they may be even more closed-minded because they won't consider any explanation other than the supernatural one they hold.

That video was awesome!  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:49 am
Ok, seeing as NONE of you seemed to have gotten my message, i will explain.
Quote:
Quote:

Why should we care what you were in a past life?
You're a human now.

Quote: i dint say you had to CARE. thats just why i believe in vamps.
besides, how do you know im human? i could be an alien for all you know.

Quote:

No, I'm not.
Unless you define being "closeminded and ignorant" as being decently rooted in reality and knowing what the general myths say vs. some attention-whoring teenager, then yes, I am happily and gleefully closeminded. I recommend you try it.

reality IS a myth. whats real to you isnt neccesarily real to others.

Quote:
Quote:

NO.

u dont have to swallow ANYTHING. just say "OK, i dont believe that, but i dont care that you do."

Quote:
Quote:
isnt that one of the things that pagans are supposed to be?

No.
Being Pagan simply means you don't worship the God of Abraham. It implies no personality characteristics.

that was kinda a typo. i meant 'wiccan', not pagan.

Quote:
Quote:
openminded and tolerant of other's beliefs??

Why should I be openminded and tolerant of the Frosts and what they perpetuate as Wicca? Are you tolerant of kiddie rapists? What about the racist ******** Asatru who try to tell me that my gods apparently only love blonde-haired, blue-eyed Norther Europeans? Should I let them cow me out of my faith just so I can be tolerant?

um, NO. when i say 'beliefs' its when it, um, how to put this delicately, WHAT PEOPLE BELIEVE?! DUH?! if the kid WANTS to ********, let it. but RAPE is ILLIGAL. believing ur a vamp, being pagan or wiccan, however is NOT. if people want to get bit by 'vampires', fine.

and for the racist thing, those people are being CLOSEMINDED. hurts, dosent it? biggrin  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games