Twilight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:04 am
I walked into the local bookstore when New moon came out.

I asked the clerk for a "vampire novel where the main cast aren't completely emo." he shook my hand and wished me luck in my quest.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:18 pm
Hate the entire thing.

I actually read some of the first book and couldn't stand it. Bella is a Mary-Sue to the max and I also think the whole book would be a better fanfiction than actual series. Not to mention the 'Myerpires' suck.

I think the hype is so overdone and most of the loud, obnoxious fans screwed the series. I've said I don't like Twilight and I've gotten major backlash for being a HP fan or just plainly not liking Twilight.

Personally; I think if you like Twilight when your 15, you may not like it so much when you're 23 (and yet; there are many books that can stay with you for those years if you read it as a teen).

Not to mention with the movie (we watched some in English when we had a sub teacher), the whole thing was like tinted blue. Wth?  

Veronica090

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:13 pm
Veronica090
Hate the entire thing.

I actually read some of the first book and couldn't stand it. Bella is a Mary-Sue to the max and I also think the whole book would be a better fanfiction than actual series. Not to mention the 'Myerpires' suck.

I think the hype is so overdone and most of the loud, obnoxious fans screwed the series. I've said I don't like Twilight and I've gotten major backlash for being a HP fan or just plainly not liking Twilight.

Personally; I think if you like Twilight when your 15, you may not like it so much when you're 23 (and yet; there are many books that can stay with you for those years if you read it as a teen).

Not to mention with the movie (we watched some in English when we had a sub teacher), the whole thing was like tinted blue. Wth?

I'm pretty sure it's called color grading. It can be used to correct something such as white balance, to fix up some sort of error, to give the film desired light conditions because they weren't availible for what ever reason, to get a special look/mood/effect (like color enhancement or setting an emotional tone), and also for something involving special effects.

Although I haven't seen the whole movie, I think that in this case they probably used the blue color grading to set a sort of mood for the film. In western culture, blue can represent a feeling of gloom or sadness, and darkblue can be more for seriousness, depth, and a sort of feeling of "integrity" I guess.

It made sense for them to tint this movie blue; the film just wouldn't have the same sort of feel to it if they tinted it another color, or didn't tint it at all.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:20 pm
XWraith_LordX
Veronica090
Hate the entire thing.
It made sense for them to tint this movie blue; the film just wouldn't have the same sort of feel to it if they tinted it another color, or didn't tint it at all.
In all fairness the films feel regardless of the colour they used, would still have made me blow chunks.

Rellik San - Holding out for a vampire flick that doesn't involve Metal listening bad assery or complete emo failure.

(well... other then the Lost Boys.)

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:38 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Veronica090
Hate the entire thing.

In all fairness the films feel regardless of the colour they used, would still have made me blow chunks.

Rellik San - Holding out for a vampire flick that doesn't involve Metal listening bad assery or complete emo failure.

If they need to tint the entire thing blue to give it the feeling they were going for, then I think that really says something about the quality of the film.

Or they were just being melodramatic, which also says something.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:20 am
Rellik San

The Hunger?  

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

Miyu_Aizawa

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:20 pm
I am one against sparklepires  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:59 pm
Infection XIII
Personally I read all four books, and truly did not care for them at all. They seemed to get worse(and longer, for that matter) as they went along.
Now, I did read the first book because someone insisted it was the best book ever, it was on the library display, and I had nothing better to do that day. But I could barely finish it.
Why did you read all of them?

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:02 am
The Goth Apple
Infection XIII
Personally I read all four books, and truly did not care for them at all. They seemed to get worse(and longer, for that matter) as they went along.
Now, I did read the first book because someone insisted it was the best book ever, it was on the library display, and I had nothing better to do that day. But I could barely finish it.

A lady friend of mine bet me I couldn't read them all in a week. Normally I wouldn't make a bet like that, but needless to say I made $200 that week. Though looking back on it now, knowing what I've read, if I were to go back in time I'd refuse without a second thought.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:25 am
Infection XIII
The Goth Apple
Infection XIII

A lady friend of mine bet me I couldn't read them all in a week. Normally I wouldn't make a bet like that, but needless to say I made $200 that week. Though looking back on it now, knowing what I've read, if I were to go back in time I'd refuse without a second thought.
You can tell your an amature, a pro would have used that money to be enough alcohol to induce a black out and a weeks worth of amnesia, so you get to party and not remember it. Its a win/win situation.  

Rellik San
Crew

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:29 am
Rellik San
Infection XIII
The Goth Apple
Infection XIII

You can tell your an amature, a pro would have used that money to be enough alcohol to induce a black out and a weeks worth of amnesia, so you get to party and not remember it. Its a win/win situation.

Now that you mention it, I did actually spend about 80% of that money on booze. Though sadly, nowadays it takes a lot to get me wasted(sad thing to say when you're only 18 ), but I never thought of that. XD  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:19 am
Infection XIII
Rellik San
Infection XIII
The Goth Apple
Infection XIII

Now that you mention it, I did actually spend about 80% of that money on booze. Though sadly, nowadays it takes a lot to get me wasted(sad thing to say when you're only 18 ), but I never thought of that. XD
Its a sad thing to say when your 14... its sadder when your at college when your 16, all your friends are getting wasted off of 2 drinks and you're on your 7th looking at them and thinking "idiots". ^_^ Ahhhh liberal upbringing ftw.  

Rellik San
Crew

Brightstorm-neko

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:37 pm
I like the books the movie was really unacurate but ok but it's getting a new director for the second one so... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:16 pm
I haven't read the books so I can't pass judgement on it with a clear conscience.
The movie was horrible.
And I can't stand the fans.
They take it way too seriously.
Nuff said.  

Hyena_Queen

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:00 am
Well me personally I loved the books... I haven't seen the movie, but I don't want to.. I'm sure it'll piss me off as bad as it did when I watched the Harry Potter movies... and you know what? I watched one of those and now I have to watch ever freaking one!!! It's my OCD ^^;;

But for real... Now the Twilight series was no where near as good as Anne Rice can do... but in it's own right I think they were very well written.. You do have to keep in mind that these stories WERE written for teenage children... Girls to be more exact.

I love seeing new twists on vampires. Not all vampires have to be human blood thirsty unpassionate killers! So I think Stephanie Meyer did an excellent job creating her own world and her own version of vampires.

It may not be everyones cup of tea, but I'm always up for trying new flavors!

~Kupo~

Multimedia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces