Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Random Center~ Off topic glory!
Tales of Symphonia?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tales of Symphonia.... Do you like it?
  Yes! ^-^
  No...
  What?? o_O
  GOLD!! XD
View Results

miken-chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:35 pm
Oh! I never notice this here before!
I love ToS...and I'm trying to get Tales of Phantasia by Namco, translated by DeJap for the GBA
(the world map looks like Tethe'alla and Sylvarant Combined, it's rumored that Tales of Symphonia is the prequel to this game...)

Here is a great fanart site for all Tales games!
Clicketh Here!
*The ToS pics are near the bottom*

-Kratos fangirls UNITE!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:48 pm
Oh, I almost forgot! Really good ToS fanfics!

*Don't forget that most have multiple chapters!*

*The One Greates Weakness-MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH*
*Material Blades-A Tales of Phantasia+Tales of Symphonia One-shot crossover!(You don't need to know Tales of Phantasia to get this)*
*An Uber funny Tales of Symphonia+RUROUNI KENSHIN crossover! YAY!*
*Tales of Star Wars (A weird Crossover)*
*A ToS crossover for the Harry Potter fans....*
*Kharlan Kindergarten---It's full of comedy and....WTF!?!*
*The Hardest Goodbye-If Yuan came late to Origin's Seal....SUPER SPOILERS!!! (It's soooo sad!)*

Refrain from reading any if you have not beat the game!!!!

*All of these fanfictions are pre-approved by me!*

miken-chan

miken-chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:51 pm
Miwaslover
Unfortunately not. Though they are what you couldbe te children of the people in the first game. The main character looks a lot like a Kratos and Shina cross over. Yeah. And another looks like Genus had some kids too. Whoo. It looks great though. It should be coming out soon though all sites that I have been to have said To Be Announced.
I've heard that Abyss will be for the PS2...Grrr, such a let down for GameCube fans of ToS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:28 am
Miwaslover
Unfortunately not. Though they are what you couldbe te children of the people in the first game. The main character looks a lot like a Kratos and Shina cross over. Yeah. And another looks like Genus had some kids too. Whoo. It looks great though. It should be coming out soon though all sites that I have been to have said To Be Announced.
Oh that's pretty cool but still... I'd prefer the old charas.... whee

Can't wait tp play it though!! mrgreen  

Sephiralen

Sephiralen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:14 am
Dragon of Rising Star
there are some of the most hilarious fanfics about this amazing game on FF.net. they are as follows:

Cooking With Cruxis - hilarious randomness, suprisingly in character.

Barley Rice - don't read the sequal, this one's funny. This is the best case of Wrong Place, Wrong Time that i have ever read.

From the Sky - Kratos falls to earth, involves the FBI and Origin losing 10,000 Gald in a poker game.

All are really worth reading, and will soon be joined by one of my own! it will be entitled "Two Worlds, One Soul". Please read it!
Hehehe, I read them!! mrgreen Finally! :p They were all good but I enjoyed Cooking With Cruxis the most! It was soooo funny!! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:55 am
miken-chan
Miwaslover
I've heard that Abyss will be for the PS2...Grrr, such a let down for GameCube fans of ToS!
Yeah. I wish they kept it for the poor little dying gamecube. -huggles my gamcube-  

Miwaslover

miken-chan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:42 pm
Sephiralen
Miwaslover
Oh that's pretty cool but still... I'd prefer the old charas.... whee

Can't wait tp play it though!! mrgreen
I'm sorry to inform you all, but I did some research and it seems Tales of the Abyss has barely any connections to Symphonia.The places and the history in Abyss differs way too much from Symphonia to be connected to it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:52 pm
The only Tales game with Major connections to Symphonia is Tales of Phantasia, here is the evidence:
1) The name of the main character is Cless (or Cress, whichever way you prefer) Alvein, and in Japanese, they don't differ much with Ls and Rs (for example, in Inuyasha, Kirara is pronounced Kilala), Then, Alvein could be changed to Arvein, and doesn't that sound like Irving?
2) The presence of similiar places (and how the map of Aselia looks like Tethe'alla & Sylvarant combined (also Aselia=Iselia)). There are locations like Heimdall, the Treant (Trent in ToS) forest, etc....
3) Martel and the Giant Kharlan Tree (named Yggdrasil) exist in Tales of Phantasia.
4) There is also Suzu Fujibayashi in Phantasia (Think about the relation to Sheena's last name).
5) The Presence of Rheiards and the Elemental Cargo in both games.
6) The prescence of all of the summon spirits in both games.
7) The antagonist of Phantasia seems to have come from Derris Kharlan, he also sprouts angel wing that look shockingly like Yggdrassil's in the final battle.

Yay! I love to research! I'll find more facts soon!

miken-chan

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:24 am
Wha!? I haven't even heard of tales of the abyss! I hope they change their minds and release it for the cube as well...

Gee, too bad I haven't even played Tales of Symphonia. I can't read the fics til I do...

Hmm, nice going with that research miken! I knew I coould count on you for more info on this saga. Thanx!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:11 pm
hypnocrown
Wha!? I haven't even heard of tales of the abyss! I hope they change their minds and release it for the cube as well...

Gee, too bad I haven't even played Tales of Symphonia. I can't read the fics til I do...

Hmm, nice going with that research miken! I knew I coould count on you for more info on this saga. Thanx!
You're welcome!
mrgreen

miken-chan

miken-chan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:19 pm
I'm soooo happy, I'm watching the 3-part Tales of Phantasia OVA series on youtube!!! It's so cool to see Klarthe summon Maxwell, Undine and the Sylph!!

If you're wondering how I can understand the OVAs, they've been subtitiled, and I've read about 20 summaries on the game to prepare myself....I'm a freak....
ninja

SPOILERS! Highlight to view!

It was cool when Dhaos (The alleged 'Evil King', but I just think he's just comprehends the world too much, and is taking drastic measures to 'help' it...) was helping Mint try to save the Yggdrasil Tree...too bad Cless had to go and aggrivate him...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:58 pm
For all ToS fans you can find the untranslated ToS Anthology manga (well, most of it):
HERE!!!

miken-chan

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:55 pm
Well how about that? miken chan calling herself a freak... Well, maybe freakish is good sometimes eh? I don't know anymore, he-he  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:44 pm
Oh yeah I just joined the "Tales of..." Series Guild...it's fun to be obsessive with people who understand me!
mrgreen

miken-chan

jesszer7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:56 pm
bueno(?) hi!  
~The Random Center~ Off topic glory!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items