Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
Final Fantasy VIII Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Volkenheim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:48 pm
Yeah. Tonberry was only good as a common enemy rather than a summon. Actually, it was considered one of most dangerous monsters in the series because its Chef's Knife was supposed to kill a character in one blow while its counter-attack, Everyone's Grudge (aka Karma), has damage that can dramatically increase according to the number of monsters that were killed throughout the game (especially mini-bosses and bosses). Also, they were said to have high HP.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:35 am
the tonberries were easy when i used Squall's special attack (been so long since i played it that i forgot the attack's name) i was able to wipe all of them out easily. I also like Diablo. I mean he's an evil genie, which is awesome  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Volkenheim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:30 am
You must've used my "Going All-Out!!! MAXIMUM CARNAGE, FTW!!!" strategy... biggrin It usually works...As for Diablo, he's has got to be one of the most coolest GFs ever, FTW!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:35 am
probably xd xd xd xd when i first played it, i completely bypassed the GF, Alexander, when I fought Edel (is that it? i forgot her name? not the one who kidnapped Rinoa, but the one who "killed" Squall)  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Volkenheim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:14 am
It's actually Edea, but you were close enough. smile Anyways, I loved Alexander; this dude was like a super robot, appearing from the mountains and shooting all these giant beams of holy energy that burned the crap out of each enemy on the screen!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:54 pm
he was the ultimate robo-knight!!!!! xd xd xd xd xd xd  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:22 pm
i've never played IX, so i need to look that up.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:56 pm
Final Fantasy IX is a pretty good game, too. Also, some of the 3D character models were improved a little and the storyline is interesting, but a bit more complex.  

Volkenheim

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:34 am
interesting. i think the next time i go to the swap meet, i'll go and pick it up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 am
Wonderful! You would possibly enjoy it! Also, the summons are incredible, especially Odin! xd  

Volkenheim

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:15 pm
who looks cooler? the FFVIII version or the FFIX version of Odin?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:34 pm
OH MAN! That's a real tough question! Well, I would say that FFIX Odin is much cooler! You should look at his summon video on YouTube; it's really awesome! Also, he looks like a undead warrior because his whole body is much bulkier and he has a creepy looking head with a creepy look in his eyes.

But you wanna know who's even cooler? Ark! This dude is like an real Transformer! He transforms from airship to super robot and destroys everything!  

Volkenheim

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:28 am
is Ark also from FFIX?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:19 pm
Yes. He was actually an "exclusive" (brand new) Eidolon (that's what the FFIX world calls them) to the game so I don't think he appeared in any other games....  

Volkenheim

Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces