Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
(TOPIC CLOSED!) Low On Chakra: Has America Ruined Naruto? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the American dubbed version?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Lady_Chimera

Mystical Shapeshifter

26,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:40 pm
I don't watch the dub (I refuse to, and that's my right.), but I WOULD like to know how they're going to deal with summonings. I mean they have to use blood to do so. It's just going to look so weird if they just bite their finger (and swipe their hand in some cases like Temari) and perform the summoning with no blood... I don't know...that's just what I'm wondering about.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:54 am
Lady_Chimera
I don't watch the dub (I refuse to, and that's my right.), but I WOULD like to know how they're going to deal with summonings. I mean they have to use blood to do so. It's just going to look so weird if they just bite their finger (and swipe their hand in some cases like Temari) and perform the summoning with no blood... I don't know...that's just what I'm wondering about.
they'll say its chocolate milk... xd  

squalltheknight

the_fourth_hokage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:08 am
i live in japan so i cant see the dubbed version but i see the original version. the american website for the show was bad enough for me to want to stick with not even being able to understand (i dont have bittorrent so i cant get translated undubed)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:44 pm
squalltheknight
Lady_Chimera

Gods, I hope not. xD  

Lady_Chimera

Mystical Shapeshifter

26,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Nerd 50

squalltheknight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:13 am
Lady_Chimera
squalltheknight
Lady_Chimera

Gods, I hope not. xD
[one of the scenes] *kakashi takes out a glass of chocolate milk and sticks his thumb in and whipes it on a scroll...and starts wavin the scroll around everywhere* *horrible voice acting* zabuza now it is time we get serious (or hell say somethin lame like that) *slams his chocolate milk infested scroll on the ground* summoning jutsu! (once again lame voice acting) [later] kakashi- "your weapons had my chocolate milk on them...so my cute ninja dogs tracked you down and bit your monkey! ( domokun ) (once again lame voice acting) ...and so that is my prediction...for the fight against zabuza...if it hasnt already happened...in the dubbed version... rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:33 pm
squalltheknight
[one of the scenes] *kakashi takes out a glass of chocolate milk and sticks his thumb in and whipes it on a scroll...and starts wavin the scroll around everywhere* *horrible voice acting* zabuza now it is time we get serious (or hell say somethin lame like that) *slams his chocolate milk infested scroll on the ground* summoning jutsu! (once again lame voice acting) [later] kakashi- "your weapons had my chocolate milk on them...so my cute ninja dogs tracked you down and bit your monkey! ( domokun ) (once again lame voice acting) ...and so that is my prediction...for the fight against zabuza...if it hasnt already happened...in the dubbed version... rofl

*just snorted some of her water she happened to be drinking up her nose* xD haHAH Man...I don't know if I would mind that happening over what will probably most likely happen I think in a week or two (It's been awhile since I've watched those eps.). That would make a great parody comic though. xD  

Lady_Chimera

Mystical Shapeshifter

26,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Nerd 50

squalltheknight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:03 am
Lady_Chimera
squalltheknight

*just snorted some of her water she happened to be drinking up her nose* xD haHAH Man...I don't know if I would mind that happening over what will probably most likely happen I think in a week or two (It's been awhile since I've watched those eps.). That would make a great parody comic though. xD
blaugh i was just bored makin up somethin...and i think i too...would like to see that lol pirate though...poor kakashi...will have that horrible....horrible...voice acting...and...poor zabuza...getting his monkey bitten by a dog...ouch...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:36 am
I agree with you...

I also have another question...why did they give naruto a catch phrase? he says "beleve it" in every damn sentance now... It bugs the hell outta me.  

Cattle Prod Reno

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:00 pm
the_fourth_hokage
i live in japan so i cant see the dubbed version but i see the original version. the american website for the show was bad enough for me to want to stick with not even being able to understand (i dont have bittorrent so i cant get translated undubed)
The webpage was well done ^^;;  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:11 pm
Cattle Prod Reno
I agree with you...

I also have another question...why did they give naruto a catch phrase? he says "beleve it" in every damn sentance now... It bugs the hell outta me.
lol...yeah...its a lot better hearing naruto say "dattebayo" its much less noticable...at least to me...lol ninja  

squalltheknight

Lady_Chimera

Mystical Shapeshifter

26,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:03 pm
squalltheknight
Cattle Prod Reno
I agree with you...

lol...yeah...its a lot better hearing naruto say "dattebayo" its much less noticable...at least to me...lol ninja

"Dattebayo" is a lot less noticeable since it just sort of flows with the rest of his talking. The whole "Believe it!" thing is more annoying mostly because the v.a. puts so much emphasis on it that you can't help but hear it every single time.

I don't like the whole "Believe it!" catch-phrase idea anyway. "Dattebayo" doesn't really have a translation, like Chichiri's "no da" from "Fushigi Yuugi" if any of you remember that, and I think it just sort of...not really ruins the characters but I'm not sure how to describe it...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:14 pm
Lady_Chimera
squalltheknight
Cattle Prod Reno
I agree with you...

"Dattebayo" is a lot less noticeable since it just sort of flows with the rest of his talking. The whole "Believe it!" thing is more annoying mostly because the v.a. puts so much emphasis on it that you can't help but hear it every single time.

I don't like the whole "Believe it!" catch-phrase idea anyway. "Dattebayo" doesn't really have a translation, like Chichiri's "no da" from "Fushigi Yuugi" if any of you remember that, and I think it just sort of...not really ruins the characters but I'm not sure how to describe it...
yeah...i know what ya mean...though i dont know about he fushigi yuugi part...i never watched that... (oh..so many animes that i still have yet to see crying )  

squalltheknight

Kazrielle

Battle-ready Knight

15,250 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:58 am
*sigh*

I highly enjoy the first post in this topic. Excellent points indeed.

But what saddens me is that I haven't had the chance to watch the American version, since I no longer have cable TV. Being an avid fan of MANY dubbed anime, some that a few people dislike, it'd be a big deal for me to give a criticque on it from a different perspective..... but I'm not able to...

However, in spite of not being able to see it, I have to agree with most folks on one thing - "Belive it" is a lame catch-phrase (like Konohamaru saying "right?" all the time in the American version of the manga).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:34 pm
I hate "believe it" I hate the way they say hokage and all the chunins junins. It might actually supposed to be pronouced that way but still. I agree that the hokages is the only decent voice.  

metalacid

ChibiAngelwolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:56 pm
metalacid
I hate "believe it" I hate the way they say hokage and all the chunins junins. It might actually supposed to be pronouced that way but still. I agree that the hokages is the only decent voice.
Omg, When i found out that Naruto's line was going to be "Believe it" i was going to shoot myself. And why edit out the nosebleeds?! That took away the whole funnyness..They don't edit Naruto's sexy no Jutsu, but edit out the nosebleeds.....And the kiss scene! That ruined it for the rest of the show...it seriously did...
One more thing, When Naruto stabs himself....that was the worse edit they ever did. They stopped it, red tint, zoom in on the kunai that never makes it..They had to keep theblood for that one, but I think they editted out most of it..And is it just me or does Naruto sound like an old guy?!  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff