Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Blabber
ARGUMENT CLUB Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:55 am
but they didn't kill them more easily because of superior technology...in other words they both had the same weapons.
so, fresnel, what exactly is your point? who are you planning to colonise? why do you intend shooting unarmed people? this is another more disagreeable aspect of the gun romancer...the psycho killer fantasist...  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:14 pm
village midget
but they didn't kill them more easily because of superior technology...in other words they both had the same weapons.
so, fresnel, what exactly is your point? who are you planning to colonise? why do you intend shooting unarmed people? this is another more disagreeable aspect of the gun romancer...the psycho killer fantasist...
I plan on surviving. Can't do that with inferior tools.

You probably just wrote that article yourself anyway. Look, even the comment box says "powered by livejournal".  

Fresnel

Citizen

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:18 pm
Fresnel
village midget

You probably just wrote that article yourself anyway. Look, even the comment box says "powered by livejournal".

lol fresnel you rotter!

and by surviving are you by any chance talking zombies? because that is ridiculous frankly, and childish.

we will never make it out alive.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:52 pm
village midget
Fresnel
village midget

lol fresnel you rotter!

and by surviving are you by any chance talking zombies? because that is ridiculous frankly, and childish.

Zombies are one [remote] possibility. Others include:

Hostile foreign invasion
Hostile domestic invasion
Natural disaster (inevitably followed by looting)
My ******** neighbor and his tresspassin'
Burglars
Gang members
Rapists
Wild animals (I happen to know my area has both bears and cougars)

And I'm sure there's quite a few I missed. Though I might mention, with you and your country's limey ways, you'll NEVER make it out alive. I, however, am well-armed and have a stocked pantry.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:02 pm
village midget
black_wing_angel
village midget
black_wing_angel

You think wrong.

Most "gun romancers" are only out to protect themselves, and those they care about. You can't do that with whatever you think they're compensating for, can you?

i call bullshit. (been waiting to say that phrase to you... lol!)

come on, what the ******** do you need to protect yourself from with a gun in this day and age cowboy? it's just some super testosterone driven fantasy that American men have...

The gang banger who could easily kick my a** in a fist fight, who thinks that the contents of my wallet, should belong to him.

Or anyone else who'd dare threaten my life.

wait a minute, i've heard a lot of this stuff before...i lived in south africa for a few years and there is a hell of a lot of this attitude floating around in white suburbs where nothing happens, the gangsters are 60 km south, about 1% of those guys had actually ever seen a real live gangster, you better not be doing the same thing? i mean how likely is it that someone is going to threaten your life, be honest...you just love the guns they are toys for grown ups and make small men feel like real men...

There was a double homicide 2 blocks from my house, about a month or so, ago.

I'd call that pretty ******** close by, wouldn't you?

And that's with me living in a GOOD part of town! Put me in the ghetto side of town, and the violence only gets worse.

America is not South Africa. Our gangsters DO know how to travel, and will occasionally come to the GOOD parts of town, where the people who have more VALUABLE possessions are, and make an attempt. I'm simply ensuring that if they ever choose MY house, that they are not getting away with it, scott free. If they get my tv, they're going to ******** EARN it!

Quote:
Quote:
imaginary fear can be real frightening to live with...if you're a sissy...

Being protective of yourself and the things you hold dear, is not being a sissy.

Quote:
blackwing
Oh, and uh...VTech could've been a lot less bloody, if some of the GOOD guys had guns, too, and not just the psycho.

er.....what? razz that kid does look menacing i grant you, but i think you could take him...

Ok, so I'm supposed to run at him, magically dodge ******** BULLETS, and punch him in the face?

Yeah...I see THAT working out in my favor. stare

Quote:
blackwing
The man who invented the wheel, was probably an American, too 3nodding

SOURCE! ( rofl )

mrgreen

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:10 am
Fresnel
village midget
Fresnel
village midget

lol fresnel you rotter!

Hostile foreign invasion
Burglars
Gang members
Rapists

And I'm sure there's quite a few I missed. Though I might mention, with you and your country's limey ways, you'll NEVER make it out alive. I, however, am well-armed and have a stocked pantry.

so you live in an area of considerable natural habitat suitable for bears and cougars...and you have a threat of gangsters...User Image
...something like that perhaps? i don't think you need to worry about a drive-by so much.

tell me do you keep a big roll of tin foil in your well stocked pantry, you could open a hat shop...  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:15 am
black_wing_angel

If they get my tv, they're going to ******** EARN it!

Being protective of the things you hold dear, is not being a sissy.

i see you are very attatched to your television.

blackwing
midget
angel
Oh, and uh...VTech could've been a lot less bloody, if some of the GOOD guys had guns, too, and not just the psycho.

er.....what? razz that kid does look menacing i grant you, but i think you could take him...

Ok, so I'm supposed to run at him, magically dodge ******** BULLETS, and punch him in the face?

i would hazzard a guess that that kid's wrist wouldn't support the weight of a gun enough to save him from shooting himself in the foot...although it's understandable you would worry about him, he looks like the sort of child that would go for some tv.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:22 pm
village midget
black_wing_angel

It's not so much that it's my TV, as much as it is my TV.

If you want to illegally obtain ANYTHING I own, you had better be ready do deal with a gun. You enter my house without my permission, you are infringing on the sanctity of my home, and needlessly endangering my life, and I'm within my rights to neutralize such a threat, by any means necessary.

Quote:
blackwing
midget
angel

i would hazzard a guess that that kid's wrist wouldn't support the weight of a gun enough to save him from shooting himself in the foot

I'm talking about the VIRGINIA TECH shooting. 32 people killed by one pissed off guy.

Quote:
...although it's understandable you would worry about him, he looks like the sort of child that would go for some tv.

Again, it's not my "tv", that is the issue, it's MY property, that is the issue here. I worked hard to get what I own, and I treasure what others have given me as gifts. I will not just sit back and let some lazy p***k take them away from me. If he's going to do it, he's going to have hell to pay for it, unless he's EXTREMELY lucky. Because you do not enter my home without my permission, and you do not touch my property without my permission. And, to take my TV away from me, you'd have to break BOTH of those rules.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:58 pm
village midget
Fresnel
village midget
Fresnel
village midget

lol fresnel you rotter!

Hostile foreign invasion
Burglars
Gang members
Rapists

so you live in an area of considerable natural habitat suitable for bears and cougars...and you have a threat of gangsters...User Image
...something like that perhaps? i don't think you need to worry about a drive-by so much.

tell me do you keep a big roll of tin foil in your well stocked pantry, you could open a hat shop...

You know, gangs exist in small towns, too.

And wild animals have been known to be in such towns. Hell, I've had deer run through my own yard, and it's an urban environment, but there happens to be a patch of woods nearby, too.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:46 am
black_wing_angel
village midget
black_wing_angel

If you want to illegally obtain ANYTHING I own, you had better be ready do deal with a gun. You enter my house without my permission, you are infringing on the sanctity of my home, and needlessly endangering my life, and I'm within my rights to neutralize such a threat, by any means necessary.

I see, you must be just snapping necks when gangs come after your toothpaste.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:32 am
black_wing_angel
village midget
black_wing_angel

what if the burgalar is unarmed? here in the uk our burgalars rarely come with guns - you know why? because you can't buy them in high street shops. average citizens don't own them.

what if you are sleeping when they come in and they use your own firearm against you?

angel

I'm talking about the VIRGINIA TECH shooting. 32 people killed by one pissed off guy.

how come that guy could buy a gun so easily? is it because Americans all think it's normal to sell guns in Wallmart? you guys seem to have had a spate of school masacres...doesn't happen in england, our school kids are twice as viscious as yours but we don't give them the artillery...

angel

Again, it's not my "tv", that is the issue, it's MY property, that is the issue here. I worked hard to get what I own, and I treasure what others have given me as gifts. I will not just sit back and let some lazy p***k take them away from me. If he's going to do it, he's going to have hell to pay for it, unless he's EXTREMELY lucky. Because you do not enter my home without my permission, and you do not touch my property without my permission. And, to take my TV away from me, you'd have to break BOTH of those rules.

what's wrong with your security measures that they would get in in the first place? if you love your stuff so much that a tv equates to a human life surely you would fortify your home?  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:34 am
magmayoshi
black_wing_angel
village midget
black_wing_angel

I see, you must be just snapping necks when gangs come after your toothpaste.

rofl "well he was easy to identify in the police line up after we told them all to smile"  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:44 am
village midget
black_wing_angel
village midget
black_wing_angel

what if the burgalar is unarmed?

I don't know that he isn't. For all I know, he could be hiding a pistol under his shirt, waiting for me to drop my guard. I'm not taking that chance. He is going to see my gun, and it's going to remain aimed at him, until he's in handcuffs, or dead. Whichever he decides on.

Quote:
here in the uk our burgalars rarely come with guns - you know why? because you can't buy them in high street shops. average citizens don't own them.

That's the UK. American criminals are much different. Our country has restrictions on who can acquire guns. Those who can't do so LEGALLY, do so ILLEGALLY. Letting the REST of us have guns, evens the playing field.

Think about this. In America, you're most likely to be held at gunpoint, in a location where guns are banned (such as a school or bank).

Quote:
what if you are sleeping when they come in and they use your own firearm against you?

That's the risk I take. However, since my guns will be kept in a gun safe, in my room, I'm much more likely to get to them first, than he is. Unless he's IMPRESSIVELY quiet.

Quote:
angel

how come that guy could buy a gun so easily? is it because Americans all think it's normal to sell guns in Wallmart? you guys seem to have had a spate of school masacres...doesn't happen in england, our school kids are twice as viscious as yours but we don't give them the artillery...

I don't believe that "we're more vicious" bullshit for a second.

And they get them easy, because we have something called "the black market". People who aren't allowed access to firearms, can still get them. The law only stops those who CHOOSE to be stopped.

As I understand it, In Washington D.C, some time ago, they lifted the firearm ban, and crime rates went DOWN, instead of up.

Quote:
angel

what's wrong with your security measures that they would get in in the first place?

There is no such thing as a perfect security system. They ALL can be bypassed, if you know how.

My firearms are a "last resort".

Also, not every house HAS such security systems. If you don't own the house you live in, it's not your call, whether to have one installed, or not. If your landlord won't let you, then you're ********. And not everyone can afford to own their own house.

Quote:
Quote:
if you love your stuff so much that a tv equates to a human life surely you would fortify your home?

I would if I could, yes.

And my TV does not equate to a human life. It equates to a CRIMINAL life. The minute you violate MY home, or MY property, you are less than human, in my eyes.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:16 am
village midget
Fresnel
village midget
Fresnel
village midget

lol fresnel you rotter!

Hostile foreign invasion
Burglars
Gang members
Rapists

Bears have been sighted at my neighbor's peach orchard, I've HEARD the cougars myself (and they often eat the neighbor's horses), and a few years back we had someone running from a local gang kick in a window at another neighbor's. He'd jumped out of the trunk of the car that they were driving in to take him out to the desert so they could shoot him in the head and leave him for the vultures. Drugs are a big thing out here, and where there's meth labs, there's gangs.

Wait, that's shitty trolling. Umm... the cougars have shotguns, and they're in a raging gang war with the bears (who have UZIs).

Tinfoil hats are a government conspiracy. You can tell this because these two MIT students say so.  

Fresnel

Citizen

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:27 pm
black_wing_angel
village midget
black_wing_angel
village midget
black_wing_angel

what if the burgalar is unarmed?

I don't know that he isn't. For all I know, he could be hiding a pistol under his shirt, waiting for me to drop my guard. I'm not taking that chance. He is going to see my gun, and it's going to remain aimed at him, until he's in handcuffs, or dead. Whichever he decides on.

Quote:
here in the uk our burgalars rarely come with guns - you know why? because you can't buy them in high street shops. average citizens don't own them.

That's the UK. American criminals are much different. Our country has restrictions on who can acquire guns. Those who can't do so LEGALLY, do so ILLEGALLY. Letting the REST of us have guns, evens the playing field.

Think about this. In America, you're most likely to be held at gunpoint, in a location where guns are banned (such as a school or bank).

Quote:

That's the risk I take. However, since my guns will be kept in a gun safe, in my room, I'm much more likely to get to them first, than he is. Unless he's IMPRESSIVELY quiet.

Quote:
angel

I don't believe that "we're more vicious" bullshit for a second.

And they get them easy, because we have something called "the black market". People who aren't allowed access to firearms, can still get them. The law only stops those who CHOOSE to be stopped.

As I understand it, In Washington D.C, some time ago, they lifted the firearm ban, and crime rates went DOWN, instead of up.

Quote:
angel

what's wrong with your security measures that they would get in in the first place?

There is no such thing as a perfect security system. They ALL can be bypassed, if you know how.

My firearms are a "last resort".

Also, not every house HAS such security systems. If you don't own the house you live in, it's not your call, whether to have one installed, or not. If your landlord won't let you, then you're ********. And not everyone can afford to own their own house.

Quote:
Quote:
if you love your stuff so much that a tv equates to a human life surely you would fortify your home?

I would if I could, yes.

And my TV does not equate to a human life. It equates to a CRIMINAL life. The minute you violate MY home, or MY property, you are less than human, in my eyes.

NO, YOU ARE WRONG.

Blabber

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces