Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Marijuana Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legalize it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:38 pm
Quote:
You didn't really try to see it as humor originally by your responses, you looked at it pessimistically and unrealistically. You just used tiny font for the sake of using it, mine had comedic flow and did it in a pattern making it distinguishable as a joke... your tiny text with your attitude so far makes it sound like we struck an even greater nerve when we said you have no joy, implying that you may not in fact have joy but something closer to contentment.

I looked at it that way because it was not funny at all. Im sorry if I dont share the same kind of humor you do. Ha ha and thats your mistake. Im am pretty much immune to any insult over the internet so there is certainly no such thing as striking a nerve when it comes to me. I figured I might as well let you know the truth.
Quote:
The not caring was at your "Oooo look what I did without the stuff" attitude. I was saying just because your life and mine is going generally okay without the stuff, doesn't mean anything.

If it was directed at that one particular part of the sentence then you should probably let a person know before hand. And yes it means alot to me but you dont need to know that.
Quote:

That you have no joy said in a tone of concern? Again the not caring is at your negative, rather pessimistic attitude with a lack of sense of humor making it appear that you have no joy or are possibly unhappy. You could just be content, misinterpreting it as joy. We were thinking that YOU needed more joy in life. I don't think it was meant as humor, it was more concern.
But you seriously have a negative attitude bad enough it constantly makes me care less with each response I get.

Right because from what I remember, this is the internet and that means you automatically know me and whats going on in my life? No, no you dont. Once again let me point out that your comedy is not funny to me and therefore is not capable of making me laugh. So now are we going to keep playing this stupid game of Internet Battleship or are we going to actually discuss the topic at hand? Your move.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:54 pm
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius
In honest truth I hate the fact that people use it because most of the people that I talk to that do smoke tell me that they use it to escape reality. If a problem is in front of you, turning your back to it does not mean it just disappears.

There's also the question "why do it all?" Seriously.

Everyone has some form of escape why restrict this one? Or your gaia usage. There are lot of more damaging ways to escape than marijuana, unless you believe scare tactics. Like that new fangled thing called the interwebs that contains gaia.

And that question applies to everything. Like gaia.

Well in all honesty the better solution would be to face your problems head on would it not? Oh and for the sake of keeping a mature conversation, keep your font the same size throughout the entirety of your paragraph.

Yes, yes, it is important to face one's problems head on. However, mood altering substances can HELP. I'm not talking about going and getting blitzed every night, to forget that selfish b***h that cheated on you. But having a few drinks (or whatever) to help calm you down, is certainly not a bad idea.

Facing one's problems "head on" without some sort of mood-control mechanism, is a good way to lead oneself to suicide.

Hell, I remember when I got broken up with. My mind became a ******** WAR ZONE! If I didn't have SOMETHING to help me regulate my mood, I probably would've taken more drastic measures, if you get my point. In my case, it was friends who didn't mind me venting on them, as well as the occasional tip of the bottle.

However, some people don't have friends, especially not friends like mine. So they'd need something else...  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:44 pm
black_wing_angel
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius
In honest truth I hate the fact that people use it because most of the people that I talk to that do smoke tell me that they use it to escape reality. If a problem is in front of you, turning your back to it does not mean it just disappears.

Everyone has some form of escape why restrict this one? Or your gaia usage. There are lot of more damaging ways to escape than marijuana, unless you believe scare tactics. Like that new fangled thing called the interwebs that contains gaia.

Well in all honesty the better solution would be to face your problems head on would it not? Oh and for the sake of keeping a mature conversation, keep your font the same size throughout the entirety of your paragraph.

Yes, yes, it is important to face one's problems head on. However, mood altering substances can HELP. I'm not talking about going and getting blitzed every night, to forget that selfish b***h that cheated on you. But having a few drinks (or whatever) to help calm you down, is certainly not a bad idea.

Facing one's problems "head on" without some sort of mood-control mechanism, is a good way to lead oneself to suicide.

Hell, I remember when I got broken up with. My mind became a ******** WAR ZONE! If I didn't have SOMETHING to help me regulate my mood, I probably would've taken more drastic measures, if you get my point. In my case, it was friends who didn't mind me venting on them, as well as the occasional tip of the bottle.

However, some people don't have friends, especially not friends like mine. So they'd need something else...

Thats a valid point, however though I believe going to see a councilor would be a better option. Thats were I wish the government would step in and provide free or reduced therapy for those who need it direly but alas that wont happen...yet *looks at Mr. Obama and all the people behind him*

Another thing that I think should happen is that schools start teaching us and future generations, how to keep a strong will and offer a loving hand to those who need it so that when the s**t does hit the fan, we are all wearing a mental poncho so we dont have to depend on any substance at all.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:55 pm
Hydra Alpharius
black_wing_angel
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius

Thats a valid point, however though I believe going to see a councilor would be a better option. Thats were I wish the government would step in and provide free or reduced therapy for those who need it direly but alas that wont happen...yet *looks at Mr. Obama and all the people behind him*

It'd have to be pretty bad for me to go to therapy, since that would jeopardize my right to possess a firearm.

Quote:
Another thing that I think should happen is that schools start teaching us and future generations, how to keep a strong will and offer a loving hand to those who need it so that when the s**t does hit the fan, we are all wearing a mental poncho so we dont have to depend on any substance at all.

It's not a matter of "learning to deal with it" as much as it is having a threshold for it. You can't TEACH strong will, you either have it, or you don't.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:39 pm
black_wing_angel
Hydra Alpharius
black_wing_angel
Hydra Alpharius
magmayoshi

It'd have to be pretty bad for me to go to therapy, since that would jeopardize my right to possess a firearm.

Quote:

It's not a matter of "learning to deal with it" as much as it is having a threshold for it. You can't TEACH strong will, you either have it, or you don't.

Well still though, at least your sanity would remain the same. And yes you can teach strong will. If you begin at early childhood than it is possible.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:13 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:
The not caring was at your "Oooo look what I did without the stuff" attitude. I was saying just because your life and mine is going generally okay without the stuff, doesn't mean anything.

If it was directed at that one particular part of the sentence then you should probably let a person know before hand. And yes it means alot to me but you dont need to know that.

I know I realize I wasn't clear enough and I apologize.
It meaning a lot to you, is irrelevant to whether or not escapism doesn't help or is needed for everyone else.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:44 pm
Hydra Alpharius
black_wing_angel
Hydra Alpharius
black_wing_angel
Hydra Alpharius

Quote:

Well still though, at least your sanity would remain the same. And yes you can teach strong will. If you begin at early childhood than it is possible.

Schools already teach how to care about each other and to be strong. But they also instill that you should bow to their authority and whatnot. This contradiction that even parents instill on their kids, really makes it dependent on what the person chooses.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:19 am
Fresnel
village midget
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Kats Scratches

And if I say to you that I wanted to, know that I lied

This.
You could be right

Very true. There certainly are worse things out there, than Marijuana.
Worse things which are medically prescribed in all 50 states. Opiates (that's heroin, in case you were wondering) are still used as a painkiller. I still have a bottle of that s**t from when I broke my leg, and another bottle from when I had my wisdom teeth pulled.

start the trade dude! :p
No way, man. It's going in my SHTF bag, right next to the Cipro from my ear infection five years ago and a huge bottle of Advil, for those times when I just have a headache or something.

Much better it be in your hands than mine, I'd be an addict.
You could be right

Kats Scratches

Kats Scratches

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:22 am
Fresnel
village midget
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Kats Scratches

This.
You could be right

Worse things which are medically prescribed in all 50 states. Opiates (that's heroin, in case you were wondering) are still used as a painkiller. I still have a bottle of that s**t from when I broke my leg, and another bottle from when I had my wisdom teeth pulled.

No way, man. It's going in my SHTF bag, right next to the Cipro from my ear infection five years ago and a huge bottle of Advil, for those times when I just have a headache or something.

You could be right

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:52 am
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Eh? Some problems are most safely solved by focusing on other things more important till the problem solves itself. Sometimes fighting will only make it more ******** up. Okay so using it for pain fabricated by your mind is somehow better than using it for medical jargon pain fabricated by your mind? The people who truly desire happiness and tranquility will get it with or without a plant's help. I just don't see how making the general population (who fail at happiness without frequent escapism) more miserable to be around, makes you happier....

So is smoking weed more important? How about painting a picture or going to a beach? I dont think that even in these times we live, those sorts of things have lost their luster. If you have pain fabricated by your mind, then a good solution would be to see a counselor and get that looked at immediately. For physical pain, the plants effects have been proven to help. I dont know what people you're talking about... all the people I hang out with are not miserable at all. Maybe a finding of new friends is in order?
Why pay thousands of dollars for a cruise when you could pay twenty or thirty bucks and get totally blazed all night and laugh your a** off watching Univision because "they all talk so funny, and there's, like, this dude in a monkey suit..." And on top of that, even if you did go on a cruise there's no guarantee whatsoever you'd actually end up leaving your problems at home. You might just ruin the cruise and blowing all that money for nothing. Myself being in a position where many would begin drinking themselves to an early grave, I can see why cheap escapism is appealing. It's like going to a bar and drinking away your sorrows, except you laugh more and don't kill your liver.

You dont have to go on cruise you know....
A bag of pot is cheaper than a new video game. I mean COME ON.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:53 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
village midget
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Kats Scratches

This.
You could be right

s**t Hits The Fan bag?

I can only wonder what else you store in it...
Actually, I have a list in my journal. :3  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:55 am
Kats Scratches
Fresnel
village midget
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Kats Scratches

This.
You could be right

You could be right
I'm honestly not certain it even works for me. It's hard to judge how much it hurts when you're asleep. s**t's like installing a light switch in my brain.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:57 pm
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Quote:

Eh? Some problems are most safely solved by focusing on other things more important till the problem solves itself. Sometimes fighting will only make it more ******** up. Okay so using it for pain fabricated by your mind is somehow better than using it for medical jargon pain fabricated by your mind? The people who truly desire happiness and tranquility will get it with or without a plant's help. I just don't see how making the general population (who fail at happiness without frequent escapism) more miserable to be around, makes you happier....

So is smoking weed more important? How about painting a picture or going to a beach? I dont think that even in these times we live, those sorts of things have lost their luster. If you have pain fabricated by your mind, then a good solution would be to see a counselor and get that looked at immediately. For physical pain, the plants effects have been proven to help. I dont know what people you're talking about... all the people I hang out with are not miserable at all. Maybe a finding of new friends is in order?
Why pay thousands of dollars for a cruise when you could pay twenty or thirty bucks and get totally blazed all night and laugh your a** off watching Univision because "they all talk so funny, and there's, like, this dude in a monkey suit..." And on top of that, even if you did go on a cruise there's no guarantee whatsoever you'd actually end up leaving your problems at home. You might just ruin the cruise and blowing all that money for nothing. Myself being in a position where many would begin drinking themselves to an early grave, I can see why cheap escapism is appealing. It's like going to a bar and drinking away your sorrows, except you laugh more and don't kill your liver.

Right and a new video game is a better experience than laughing your a** off like a fool. Your not giving me any valid reasons. Crack Cocaine is cheap so should I but that too?  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:02 pm
magmayoshi
Hydra Alpharius
black_wing_angel
Hydra Alpharius
black_wing_angel

Quote:

Schools already teach how to care about each other and to be strong. But they also instill that you should bow to their authority and whatnot. This contradiction that even parents instill on their kids, really makes it dependent on what the person chooses.

I wouldnt say its contradicting anything. The law is the law and the rules are the rules. You have to follow them because they are there for your safety.  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:21 pm
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius

Right and a new video game is a better experience than laughing your a** off like a fool.
In what way? Isn't 'laughing your a** off like a fool' the entire point of an entire genre of movies?
Quote:
Your not giving me any valid reasons. Crack Cocaine is cheap so should I but that too?
What good does crack do you?  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces