Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Blabber
Generic gaming thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:28 pm
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
NFS always pissed me off because cars didn't brush off, they ******** stuck to you and you'd have to reverse most times to get going again.

The first Need for Speed was brutal like that gonk
It was considered more like a driving simulation game, partially why some people bitched about II.
Actually, I have NFS:Underground 2 and Most Wanted. They both have sticky cars, and Most Wanted has ******** 18-wheelers. If you rear-end a car carrier it'll dump cars on your roof and pin you to the ground.

Have you played Need for Speed II SE? You ******** launch little cars. And since they are indestructible you can have one still flipping down kilometers later. And only the larger vehicles might cause you to have to reverse. It's the environment that ******** you over worse at times.

Underground 2, was just meh. Only the drift/drag races really set it apart.

Most Wanted, was pretty good the car physics were like that so you could obliterate opponents and cop cars. The lesson is, don't hit the other cars. Use cheap shots to obliterate others. :3 I was saved by many an car carrier in it.

Still beats a driving sim game which is a LOT worse for unforgiving physics. But I still cheap shot all the same. The only difference is, is that by the end I may be going 40km/hr and the rest are going 5km/hr.
Nope, never even heard of that one.

I generally cop-rammed people. Front corner to rear tire. The rear end is light, so they spin out and smash into other cars, causing mayhem. Works real well against other racers, too. twisted

I just ram the ******** till they die, nothing special just brute force.

On another note I just got back from a Video Games Live concert 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:51 am
magmayoshi
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
NFS always pissed me off because cars didn't brush off, they ******** stuck to you and you'd have to reverse most times to get going again.

It was considered more like a driving simulation game, partially why some people bitched about II.
Actually, I have NFS:Underground 2 and Most Wanted. They both have sticky cars, and Most Wanted has ******** 18-wheelers. If you rear-end a car carrier it'll dump cars on your roof and pin you to the ground.

Have you played Need for Speed II SE? You ******** launch little cars. And since they are indestructible you can have one still flipping down kilometers later. And only the larger vehicles might cause you to have to reverse. It's the environment that ******** you over worse at times.

Underground 2, was just meh. Only the drift/drag races really set it apart.

Most Wanted, was pretty good the car physics were like that so you could obliterate opponents and cop cars. The lesson is, don't hit the other cars. Use cheap shots to obliterate others. :3 I was saved by many an car carrier in it.

Still beats a driving sim game which is a LOT worse for unforgiving physics. But I still cheap shot all the same. The only difference is, is that by the end I may be going 40km/hr and the rest are going 5km/hr.
Nope, never even heard of that one.

I generally cop-rammed people. Front corner to rear tire. The rear end is light, so they spin out and smash into other cars, causing mayhem. Works real well against other racers, too. twisted

I just ram the ******** till they die, nothing special just brute force.

On another note I just got back from a Video Games Live concert 3nodding
Yeah, that don't work so well against the Corvettes. Them ******** be BRUTAL. Cop ram works almost every time though, especially with the big SUVs.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:30 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel

I don't remember any 18'ers in Most Wanted...
Maybe you didn't drive the highways much. There was one with a box high enough that you could duck under it if you were REALLY good (and one drag race required that),

Must not have gotten that far.

Quote:
one was a car carrier that would dump two or three cars in the road if you rear-ended it,

Well that would suck...but I guess that's probably the idea.

Quote:
and one was a log truck that would dump logs off the side if you hit it at all.

Sounds like a nice pursuit breaker!

I did actually use the highways pretty fluently, but generally as a way to evade police, most of the traffic is headed in the same direction as you, so it's a lot less likely that you'll crash into oncoming, and avoiding rear-ending isn't particularly difficult, usually. Also, if they get just TOOOO close, just quickly veer off onto an exit, and you ******** them AAAAAAAALL up. They have to turn around, and EVERYTHING! And, as long as you can avoid new persuers, by the time the guys already tailing you get turned around and onto the exit, you're evade meter is already full, or damn near it.

That was a little trick I used quite extensively. But, if you're not careful, you CAN smash into the wall that divides the straight from the exit....that got me arrested once...

But, as long as you know how to psych them into thinking you're going straight, and then veer off onto the exit at the last minute, you're practically guaranteed successful evade, unless you're in heat level 4 or above.

But, at the same time, I would be so focused on getting away from the cops that I probably did come into contact with the 18'ers, and just didn't pay attention.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:10 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
magmayoshi

Maybe you didn't drive the highways much. There was one with a box high enough that you could duck under it if you were REALLY good (and one drag race required that),

Quote:
one was a car carrier that would dump two or three cars in the road if you rear-ended it,

Quote:

I did actually use the highways pretty fluently, but generally as a way to evade police, most of the traffic is headed in the same direction as you, so it's a lot less likely that you'll crash into oncoming, and avoiding rear-ending isn't particularly difficult, usually. Also, if they get just TOOOO close, just quickly veer off onto an exit, and you ******** them AAAAAAAALL up. They have to turn around, and EVERYTHING! And, as long as you can avoid new persuers, by the time the guys already tailing you get turned around and onto the exit, you're evade meter is already full, or damn near it.

That was a little trick I used quite extensively. But, if you're not careful, you CAN smash into the wall that divides the straight from the exit....that got me arrested once...

But, as long as you know how to psych them into thinking you're going straight, and then veer off onto the exit at the last minute, you're practically guaranteed successful evade, unless you're in heat level 4 or above.

But, at the same time, I would be so focused on getting away from the cops that I probably did come into contact with the 18'ers, and just didn't pay attention.
I loved the highways. Even the heat 5 Corvettes have trouble keeping up when you're doing a nice healthy clip of 220 in a Dodge Viper. I ******** loved that thing... mostly stock, gloss candy-apple red, two thick white racing stripes, and a low-profile spoiler. Had all three performance bars pinned to the end. That car was ********. Though I must say, at 220 you actually need to use racebreaker to see where the spike strips are so you can dodge them. Also, you outrun calls. You'll get slammed by a pair of rhinos, THEN you hear the cops call for rhino backup. I think my crowning glory, however, was hitting a spike strip so fast that I had enough inertia left over to get me into a corner, and evaded the cops with four dead tires.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:54 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel

Quote:

Quote:

I loved the highways. Even the heat 5 Corvettes have trouble keeping up when you're doing a nice healthy clip of 220 in a Dodge Viper.

Viper is good! But I've always been a Mustang man. Or Porshe.

Quote:
I ******** loved that thing... mostly stock, gloss candy-apple red,

I prefer black. It's just so much more awesome in black. Anything you add onto it can be any color at all, and it goes well. I usually use a scheme of black base paint, with blue and neon green add on parts.

Imagine that, a black car, with a neon green hood and spoiler, and blue rims. With green and blue flames down the sides.

You know what that says? "Who's 1 bad ******** class="quote">
Quote:
two thick white racing stripes, and a low-profile spoiler. Had all three performance bars pinned to the end. That car was ********. Though I must say, at 220 you actually need to use racebreaker to see where the spike strips are so you can dodge them. Also, you outrun calls. You'll get slammed by a pair of rhinos, THEN you hear the cops call for rhino backup. I think my crowning glory, however, was hitting a spike strip so fast that I had enough inertia left over to get me into a corner, and evaded the cops with four dead tires.

But did it just let you drive around on them, or what?  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:58 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

Quote:

Quote:

I loved the highways. Even the heat 5 Corvettes have trouble keeping up when you're doing a nice healthy clip of 220 in a Dodge Viper.

There were a bunch of nice Porsches, but the Mustang never really appealed to me. They seemed to make the European cars a bit overpowered in that game.

Quote:
Quote:

I prefer black. It's just so much more awesome in black. Anything you add onto it can be any color at all, and it goes well. I usually use a scheme of black base paint, with blue and neon green add on parts.

Imagine that, a black car, with a neon green hood and spoiler, and blue rims. With green and blue flames down the sides.

You know what that says? "Who's 1 bad ******** class="clear">
I've done black before, but I'm more of a stripes guy than a flames guy. I had a black GT at one point with red and blue racing stripes. It was a great car, but the handling was a bit sloppy.

Quote:
Quote:
two thick white racing stripes, and a low-profile spoiler. Had all three performance bars pinned to the end. That car was ********. Though I must say, at 220 you actually need to use racebreaker to see where the spike strips are so you can dodge them. Also, you outrun calls. You'll get slammed by a pair of rhinos, THEN you hear the cops call for rhino backup. I think my crowning glory, however, was hitting a spike strip so fast that I had enough inertia left over to get me into a corner, and evaded the cops with four dead tires.

Only for a bit. Once your tires blow you can't drive any more for some reason, but you can still steer, and I had enough inertia left to get around a corner and hide long enough for the cops to lose me. One time I blew all my tires and almost got away by riding a Rhino to safety. He slammed me so hard I landed on his roof, and then he drove around trying to hit me even though I was on top of him. Eventually he dropped me in a group of cops though.  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:24 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel

Quote:

Quote:

There were a bunch of nice Porsches, but the Mustang never really appealed to me. They seemed to make the European cars a bit overpowered in that game.

Quote:
Quote:

I've done black before, but I'm more of a stripes guy than a flames guy. I had a black GT at one point with red and blue racing stripes. It was a great car, but the handling was a bit sloppy.

Quote:
Quote:

Only for a bit. Once your tires blow you can't drive any more for some reason, but you can still steer, and I had enough inertia left to get around a corner and hide long enough for the cops to lose me.

What I mean is, did you like...respawn, or end up at the garage, or what? I knew you couldn't drive on blown tires, but blowing your tires generally means the cops got you. I don't think the game ever intended you to be able to evade with blown tires. So how did that work out?  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:14 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Only for a bit. Once your tires blow you can't drive any more for some reason, but you can still steer, and I had enough inertia left to get around a corner and hide long enough for the cops to lose me.

What I mean is, did you like...respawn, or end up at the garage, or what? I knew you couldn't drive on blown tires, but blowing your tires generally means the cops got you. I don't think the game ever intended you to be able to evade with blown tires. So how did that work out?

If you are lucky you only get 1 tire blown and it's still easily possible to evade, I've pulled it off numerous times.
2-3: it gets sketchy
4: I pulled it off once in a Toyota Supera, 4 stars totally lucked the ******** out though. Because of my ram the ******** out of them technique a bunch of the cars pursuing me were already damaged. So the 5+ cops that started and the few that joined kept me accelerating while they kept crashing and setting off environment objects.

And for your question it did. You can drive around more but unless 3 tires are intact you'll lose speed rapidly. If it ends, you DON'T respawn but after evasion you can quick travel to your garage to get your tires fixed if I remember correctly.

Edit: You guys made me feel like playing Most Wanted again D:
Well I'm trying an increased difficulty mod if anyone wants a link to it if it turns out awesome, tell me.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:56 am
Ok, so, what do you guys all think of Resident Evil 5?

Between 4 and 5, which is better?  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:36 pm
black_wing_angel

RE is one of the game series I feel bad about never having played. MGS is the other.  

Fresnel

Citizen

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:00 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

RE is one of the game series I feel bad about never having played. MGS is the other.

Same here ._.;  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:08 pm
black_wing_angel

I'd say RE4. I haven't completed 5 or anything but from what I've played it just wasn't all that great. neutral
Then again, I'm not particularly one to embrace third-person shooters. If I'm going to be toting myself around in third-person (which I often actually prefer over first-person) I want to be either assassinating or evading some kind of authority.  

Kuchen Fairy

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:18 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

Well, I've played 4 and 5. I tried to play 1, but the controls sucked out loud.

All you need to know about 4 vs 5 is this:

4 has a lot more gore in it. If you get attacked by a chainsaw maniac, you get to watch your head fall off. 5 they do a camera cut so that you don't see the gore part, you just see the chainsaw cutting into your neck. Among other things of the sort.

5 has a 2 player aspect to it. 4 had points where Leon and Ashley have to work together, but for the most part, Ashley is worthless. She's annoying and helpless. However, Sheva is every bit as useful as Chris is. She gets weapons, and she's ready to kick some a**! And you can play 2 player in 5, whether with someone sitting beside you, or someone over the net. You can play one player, but it's not nearly as fun, because the AI obviously isn't as efficient as human intelligence, and the ability to strategize.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:34 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel

Well, I've played 4 and 5. I tried to play 1, but the controls sucked out loud.

All you need to know about 4 vs 5 is this:

4 has a lot more gore in it. If you get attacked by a chainsaw maniac, you get to watch your head fall off. 5 they do a camera cut so that you don't see the gore part, you just see the chainsaw cutting into your neck. Among other things of the sort.

5 has a 2 player aspect to it. 4 had points where Leon and Ashley have to work together, but for the most part, Ashley is worthless. She's annoying and helpless. However, Sheva is every bit as useful as Chris is. She gets weapons, and she's ready to kick some a**! And you can play 2 player in 5, whether with someone sitting beside you, or someone over the net. You can play one player, but it's not nearly as fun, because the AI obviously isn't as efficient as human intelligence, and the ability to strategize.
Yeah, I heard Sheva's pretty much dumb as a stump, and always uses the BIG healing packs first. Oh, and she ganks all the good weapons and ammo from you. And you're not allowed to trade weapons with her.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:28 pm
Okay, do any of you have Left 4 Dead for the 360? My friend is dying to find decent people to play with.

I forget if I've already talked about L4D in this thread and I can't be assed to check so whatever. Either way L4D is one of the greatest FPS I've ever played. I'm addicted.  
Blabber

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff