Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Avatar Talk
Have you been cloned? Outfit Thievery. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Outfit thievery -
  Is no big deal. Spread the inspiration.
  Is petty. Why can't they create their own?
  I love it. Imitation is the strongest form of flattery.
  Touch my item combos and face my wrath? D=
  Accidents happen, but if they did it on purpose I'd be upset.
  Who the hell cares?
View Results

Nonchalant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:49 am
Actually, a while ago a guy PMed me complimenting my outfit. I was nice and made small talk for a little bit. Turns out that the next PM he sent, he was wearing an outfit way too close to mine. I blew up on him and I will never forgive him. mad

I'm very protective of my outfits I guess...(Touch and burn >:[ wink .
: D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:03 pm

Nope xD I took afew things from some people, acctualy just one thing from one person, but changed it to be my own. but any ways, not many people want to recreate my avatars xD

[.Kat.]

McBitchy

Invisible Phantom

7,950 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:20 pm
I haven't had that happen recently, but it happened last year.

I pmed that person and bitched them out though, and they changed their avatar. :]
I watched that person for like 2 months to make sure she didn't change it back. xd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:49 am
Funky-Julia
monkeygal1000 has accused me of copying her outfit.

Recap of our back-and-forth PMs:
User Image

Summary: We're wearing the same shirt, pants, and shoes. She's pissed. Now she's not wearing anything. I don't know if she's trying to make a point or what. She's calling me "copier" at the end of every sentence. The whole thing is just silly. razz  

Damn Leprechauns

8,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Dysfunctional Jello

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:37 pm
I don't really think I'd mind unless they copied every single outfit I make. =)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:39 pm
[x]
I'm lucky, it hasn't happened to me yet, and I haven't been accused of copying. I have seen some avatar arena entries that are exact replicas of previous winners though. Needless to say they got a comment and a PM about it.

~
Pyrite
[x]

[ Pyrite ]

-[[Yreka!]]-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:43 pm
-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

User Image

Hasn't happened to me to the best of my knowledge yet.

People have accused me of copying other people. Like last week I had this avi in the arena
(1.4k votes. =D) and people kept saying that I had copied [K!ng]'s week 43 winning avi. When the only item in common was the coat. -_-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:00 am
XD
Yeah. 'Copying' is a word I definately wouldn't apply to that, Yreka!

I don't think people'd copy my avvies. They're sort of.... odd. And usually include my bone helm, of late.

Saffrin

link freak131

Fashionable Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:41 am
One of my friends asked me if she could coppy this avi of mine:
User Image

She said she wasn't going to do it exacaly the same, just make it puprple and black. Now, I worked extremly hard for this avi, it was my very first avatar. But, I said that she could go on ahead and do it, but, I really don't think she did it... I think she gave up on saving all the gold for it. XDD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:05 pm
Way back in late 2004 someone ripped me off.

I had entered an avatar in a contest and won 3rd place with it. She stole the image and entered it into another contest. She tried saying that she had randomly packed on the exact same items (there were around 13 items on it including DJs) and insisted she didn't steal it.

I was infuriated, mostly because she kept acting like I was being irrational for saying she stole it. The contest thread I won in was even still up for proof.

Perverse

Big Member

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:22 pm
Perverse
Way back in late 2004 someone ripped me off.

I had entered an avatar in a contest and won 3rd place with it. She stole the image and entered it into another contest. She tried saying that she had randomly packed on the exact same items (there were around 13 items on it including DJs) and insisted she didn't steal it.

I was infuriated, mostly because she kept acting like I was being irrational for saying she stole it. The contest thread I won in was even still up for proof.

Thats the main reason I cannot stand outfit thievery. In many of my cases it's been so exact and so obvious it's a really annoying situation. Most of us word hard on our avatars and I find it disappointing.

Although now a days I am seeing a lot of looks similar to older av's of mine which I just find to be a odd coincidence.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:12 am
Saffrin
XD
Yeah. 'Copying' is a word I definately wouldn't apply to that, Yreka!
-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

It's kinda hard to copy something when the colors are basically completely different. xD

I think there may be a few people who may steal my current man-eating flower/talking M&M loving flower idea next week in arena. D:
It's only two items, but still.

-[[Yreka!]]-

X o m b i e

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:56 am
I haven't been on gaia long enough for this to happen to me.
I'm still trying to get gold for items. xD
I would get very mad if someone did steal my outfit.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:15 am
candycrack
Thats the main reason I cannot stand outfit thievery. In many of my cases it's been so exact and so obvious it's a really annoying situation. Most of us word hard on our avatars and I find it disappointing.

Although now a days I am seeing a lot of looks similar to older av's of mine which I just find to be a odd coincidence.

It's one thing when someone wants to look like you and they credit you for the look, but it's another when they disregard that it was yours and try to win gold with it.

Perverse

Big Member

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:03 pm
Perverse
candycrack

It's one thing when someone wants to look like you and they credit you for the look, but it's another when they disregard that it was yours and try to win gold with it.

:3 I don't mind if people ask me hey mind if I use that item combination or stuff like that as long as its somewhat different. However straight up stealing and denying is just wrong no matter how you justify it.  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games