Submit

Cherry It

Liberal Bloodsucker

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:53 am
Hey. I'm Kristina. I'll respond to Kris, Cherry, Cindah or Nina. I read fantasy the most but I'm open to anything that my library has available. I try to write but I'm never happy with any of it, so you'll never see any unless we roleplay wink
I love Greek mythology, something my now retired English teacher Grandmother got me into. I hate the Romans. I enjoyed Rick Riordan's work because he stuck to the 'truth' of myths. I disliked Clash of the Titans for not doing that.
Last paragraph, I listen to industrial music mixed in with most things. I like all genres but hate certain songs. Right now I'm listening to; Queen; Another One Bites the Dust (yay for iPod shuffle). Helalyn Flowers; Love like Aliens (yay for youtube biggrin )

Really my last sentence, random comments and things are awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:13 am
Hi im jermannium_PT . You can call me jerome , jerman , or caelum (means sky). Hm, im 14 years old. And well i like making friends , i really dont care whether its in the cyber zone or in the real world. smile I'm just sociable i guess.. hehe , well the books i like are sci-fi , uhm fantasy ones and oh also manga's . Im not the type of person who chooses the books that he/she wants to read. I read books to gain information and to entertain myself biggrin . Well i hope i caught your interest (LOL) . That's all ^^  

KlutzSky_PT

5,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100

handsoff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:40 pm
Ello. My gaia name is Handsoff.
My real name though is Ashley.
I am 20 years old.
I enjoy reading very much. I found out this year about the 50 book challenge. Though I doubt I will do that because I didn't find out about it until August. sweatdrop
So instead I plan on doing it in the year of 2011. I just finished reading the book Hush Hush and I LOVED it. I want to read Cresendo, but I don't own it. I love to shop for books.
Although this month I will mostly buy video games because that is another love of mine.
I am just now getting into writing. I have never roleplayed before. I would love to try it out and also I would love to write a story.
Though I think I will be horrible at both. >_>
Well it is great meeting you all. Hopefully we can become good friends.
I really do love anything and if you want to talk about possible books or suggest books that I should possibly read, that would be great. <3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:29 am
Hello everyone,

I suppose I am the newest member thus far. My name is Trina-Bell, but Trina works for short. I am twenty years old, and this is my second year on Gaia. I have a few accounts but this is my main that I use daily. I was browsing the guild directory last night, when I came upon this guild. I knew I'd fit right in because one of my many loves in life is literature.

I am a huge fan of the authors Hunter S. Thompson, and Chuck Palahniuk. I also am huge fan of romance novels, and of course anything strange and dark as well. I'm also no stranger to fantasy novels either. I am always looking to pick up a new book and love recommendations, so please feel free to share your favorites with me. You can also friend me as well, seeing as I am always looking for new friends on Gaia. I make websites and graphics for a living :]

Trina-Bell

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Derpy Chocobo

3,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:38 am
Hello fellow bibliophiles!

I'm Derpy Chocobo, but most people call me Derpy. DC is also fine.
I'm 23 and married to a man in the U.S. Air Force.
I have 8 pets and I love them all.

I made a 75-book resolution this year. Wish me luck!
My taste in books varies. I really like books about animals, especially non-fiction. It always seems to be that much more interesting knowing that the events I'm reading about really happened somewhere in the world. I also love fantasy and am a big fan of the Artemis Fowl series. I have been trying to get on top of reading a lot of the classics in literature.

One of my favorite books of all time is Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
I am currently reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I don't like books about the holocaust. They always instill me with a horrendous and overwhelming sense of doom. However, I am determined to complete this one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:30 pm
Hi, fellow readers. I'm SirKirbance. My real name is Chris, but people often call me Yahoo (after the Australian actor, not the internet search engine) a name I picked up in high school. I used to try to hide my age on Gaia, because I feel old, but my profile will reveal that I am married with children of my own (actually three but I forget how to update my profile). In recognition of the wide diversity of Gaia and this guild I will confess I recently turned 30 which might make me the oldest person in this guild. I have been a Gaia member for nearly six years. I can still remember the days of laboriously accumulating gold one at a time - one post or art review at a time - just to buy the rattiest of outfits by today's Gaia standards. But who cares about that stuff, right?...

As for reading, I read mainly non-fiction such as science and history because I love learning. Learning is more fun when you do it because you want to, not because you are told to, and when there are no quizes or tests. When I read fiction it is practically all science fiction. My very favorite fiction series is Michael A. Stackpole's Star Wars: X-Wing series. I also recently developed a strong interest in childrens' picture books, primarily for the artwork. I look forward to discuss reading and to give and receive many reccomendations on good books!

SirKirbance

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:10 am
Hello! My name is Clover! mrgreen
I am obsessed with books. Mainly manga and fantasy (especially Tolkien). I am excited because I get to blow all my Christmas money at the bookstore tonight! whee
I am also an L cosplayer. So if you are a fellow cosplayer, or just a fan of manga, check out my profile or PM me to chat.
Nice to meet you all! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:13 pm
hey there, my name is sunny20n, im 20 yrs old and am known to go any where and every where with a book. My favorite types of books are: paranormal non fiction, paranormal fiction, paranormal romance, romance, mystry, historical, fantasy, sci fi, i think you get the point. i love books, love reading and have been known to check out at least 25 books at one time from the library. All ways up for a new book suggestion, so if you have one and think i should read it, let me know.  

sunny20n

1,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Jade Hawkeye Lillian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:12 pm
Hello! I'm Jade. Nice to meet you. I'm an undergrad studying cultural anthropology in the Midwest, and I would like to study the BDSM or kink community for grad school. If that doesn't work out, I'm interested in joining the Peace Corps and traveling the world. Yes, I have a Jade-Save-The-World complex and I'm going to start with me. smile

I like to learn about people. Their ideas, their obsessions, what makes them tick. My siggy might be a little creepy, but that's because (#1) I meant it to be, and (#2) I really am just that interested in your view on things. I also like to teach people to open up their minds a little bit, so don't be surprised if I question your views and ask stupid questions. Hey, if you don't learn something new everyday, you just get bored, right?

Blessings!
Jade  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:47 pm
Hello, I'm Dorobo. I'm 14. I love reading. Most of the kids at my school can't stand reading. My favorite authors are R.A Salvatore (W00T DRIZZT) and Piers Antony. I normally read about 3 books a month (NOT counting Manga). I am really quiet and calm....most of the time...heh sweatdrop  

Dorobo-San

Lewpy Von Cakes

Hilarious Fatcat

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:10 am
User Image

╠══Ţö ƄƏ ŏŗ ńŏť ťō ßê

Hazza! Tis' I Lewpy Von Cakes. I am 17 and study in college. I, being a medical student take reading very serious "pssh right' lol . Reading is life for me, just as food or breathing. It is soothing and a fun experience plus I get to learn alot, did you know that cats spend 66% of their lives asleep, yeah I am awesome like that. I can read any book whether political, educational or manga but the one I look out for is the great "Enid Blyton"--her work is super awesome.

As you can see, I am a cheerful person and extremely despises to act my age, i act smaller and even look smaller than my age 'hehe'. This kind of acting under-age gives me "IMAGINATION"(the Sponge bob kind). If you want to know the Lewpy-nator, talk to me "dead straight". No pressure wink

Ƕơŵ ŵȱȗȴƉ Ǐ ʞȵȯw,Ȋ ȡȉȡȠț ǻșʞ Şƕąʞɜʂpɘȁȑȅ══╣

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:40 am
Hello! I'm Katherine, but you can call me Kat or Kath. I'm 19 and majoring in French and Spanish. A lot of friends were surprised that I didn't do English because I'm obsessed with books and proper grammar. Haha. I like all types of books, though I tend to be more into fiction than non-fiction. I'm not really into romance books, but there have a few that caught my eye and proved to be amazing. I read about 8 or so new books a month and reread countless others a month. I like hearing about new books and giving readign suggestions to others.  

Mlle Kath

Interesting Explorer

8,400 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie For All! 300

communicate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:10 pm
Hi everyone. I'm trying to come back to gaia and one of my ways to get more active is to join the guilds. I've never done that so this is one of the first guilds I've joined. When I first joined gaia I use to draw at the art forum but I don't do that anymore. I love to read! I also love to write. I'm trying to write more than reading right now, but I'm always looking for new books to add to my 'to-read' list. I'm 23 and a college student. I'm studying Chemistry. But my passion is still books. I'm terrible at reviewing books. I will either gush about how happy they make me feel or simply tell you how I didn't like it. But I don't like to analyze writing. I read young adult urban fantasy/paranormal, high fantasy, historical and contemporary romance, and adult fiction. You can find me at goodreads.com, I'm Bianca Connors. I'm very friendly. I love to to make friends.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:31 pm
Hi everyone! You can call me Boku. I'm an American college student who is also quite a bookworm. xd Lately I only read books in Japanese (language immersion), and the same for TV, so I probably won't get any pop culture references (but I never watched much TV, even before my language immersion, so I probably wouldn't have gotten any anyway) I love Harry Potter, as well as the Japanese novel series (and anime) Kino no Tabi/Kino's Journey. When I read books in English I read a lot of the classics mainly, with Shakespeare and Oscar Wilde being favorites, and Twilight and anything by Jane Austen being books I'm not into. Favorite Japanese authors include Keiichi Sigsawa (author of Kino no Tabi), Yoko Ogawa, Otsuichi, and Nahoko Uehashi.

I'm a big anime/manga fan as well, and also love anything having to do with history. I like books that make me think, feel, laugh, cry, smile, and gasp (preferably all in the same book XD ) pretty much, I like to come away from a book still thinking, and talking about it to anyone who happens to be around.^^

I look forward to getting to know you all, and hanging out with fellow bibliophiles! User Image  

Bokusenou

ainoryoku

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:26 am
I'm Andreea (I don't go by my username, as it has no relevance).

I hadn't always liked reading, but I can say I started liking it along with discovering Lolita Fashion, or more precise, Victorian and Rococo (as girls in that era used to read, crochet, knit, sing, paint etc.) ((and yes I paint, crochet and knit))

About me I'd say that I am a quiet person if I don't know you and if I'm not used to you, but as I get to know you better, I am more annoying and lively whee I make friends very easily over the internet and very hardly in real life...
I am talented (what can I say...) and I want to become an architect.

About what I read? I love romantic stories (especially old books, I dislike modernity as it has no morality), and I also like psychological and auto-biographies and biographies.
I mostly read English classics, and I like well known writers as I like to spend my reading time on something good.

heart  
Honk if you love reading!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces