Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
How did you find your Patron? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:35 am
not too long ago i was getting signs, very obvious ones, from Ganesh and was climbing the ladder of success at work. i know nothing of that particular path, so i asked about it in another guild. i was questioned quite a bit and i could not answer their questions, they told me that it was most likely a thought form and not the god. soon after that i stopped receiving his influences and have fallen into debt.

i do not know if it was truely him or just a figment of my mind, but whichever it was, i wish he'd come back sad  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:22 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
kage no neko
Okay.. So I see lots of people have said about how they've had a god/dess come to them.. but how do you know it's your patron/matron?

The idea is that it's a particular sort of relationship. You feel bound to that deity, to serve them specifically. A call to service - whatever that service ends up being. Intense emotion. Although, I suspect one can be wrong.

I personally don't use the term "matron" because the role of a matron is very different to that of a patron. Just, you know, from the meanings of the words. A patron is not a father-figure, it's a role of patronage. (I mean, a deity might take on that role, but that's not why we use the term.) So why use the term "matron"?

Oh, I thought it was like maternal and paternal. 'kay, good to know, always learning. smile Thanks.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Click us!

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

KiroYuRawr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:05 pm
Okay a story i need help with:

I was in math class trying not to sleep becuase of some lecture the teach was giving and I look to my left to pass a note to my friend and there is a woman in midnight blue clothing, skin the color of moonlight, and Raven hair. Could someone explain to me who this is and if its my patron?

Pm me if you reply to this plz  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:38 pm
KiroYuRawr

I was in math class trying not to sleep becuase of some lecture the teach was giving and I look to my left to pass a note to my friend and there is a woman in midnight blue clothing, skin the color of moonlight, and Raven hair. Could someone explain to me who this is and if its my patron?

I can't think of who/what that would be off the top of my head.
And no one here knows you, what you practice, or who your gods are - how do you expect us to tell you if it's your patron? It's not like reading a pregnancy test; there's no clear "yes" or "no" answer to be seen just from reading your story.

No reason to PM. This post will be waiting right here in the guild for you to read.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

A Scarecrow

Wheezing Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:28 pm
I've always been into mythologies from all over the world, but the Greek pantheon in particular has always been the one I've been most intrigued with. The dieties that I've considered my patrons have always changed throughout my life, but at the moment I'd say they're Ares/Mars and Aphrodite/Venus. The contrast of Love and War certainly fits me, at least at the moment.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 pm
Socially Inept Butterfly
I've always been into mythologies from all over the world, but the Greek pantheon in particular has always been the one I've been most intrigued with. The dieties that I've considered my patrons have always changed throughout my life, but at the moment I'd say they're Ares/Mars and Aphrodite/Venus. The contrast of Love and War certainly fits me, at least at the moment.

I'm not sure that I'd consider them patrons if they're changing...often, or even at all. Most relationships with patron deities tend to take years, or even decades, to fully develop. They aren't things that come and go.

Why do you use the Roman names for the Greek gods, if you're drawn to the Greeks? I also want to note that being intrigued with a pantheon does not mean you will automatically have a patron from that pantheon. I grew up fascinated with the history, mythology, and pantheons of the Norse and the Egyptians - but in the end they are not my Gods.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:41 pm
KiroYuRawr

This does not describe any deity I am familiar with, nor could I tell you if she is your patron. My own claimings have always been clear as crystal, though, and in settings with much more significance than sitting in school.

When in doubt - ask the entity themselves. You'd be surprised how often that works.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:14 pm
KiroYuRawr

I think it was either artemis or Nyx its hard to tell but it seems i see her everyhweher I go I just cant get the courage to go and ask her.  

KiroYuRawr

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:23 pm
KiroYuRawr

I think it was either artemis or Nyx its hard to tell but it seems i see her everyhweher I go I just cant get the courage to go and ask her.

What culture's clothing was she wearing?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:52 pm
And to those of you looking for your patrons, remember: You might not HAVE one.

You don't NEED a patron, so it's not really a bad thing, per se.  

Ellisari

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:59 pm
Misc basic deity questions:
When you ask a deity their name, do you ever get the impression you're not supposed to talk about them? Or would they tell you straight up that they want to be kept a secret?
And do you ever doubt and think "oh this is just a figment of my imagination, I'm going crazy"? Though you can't even begin to describe how it felt?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:06 pm
kage no neko
Misc basic deity questions:
When you ask a deity their name, do you ever get the impression you're not supposed to talk about them? Or would they tell you straight up that they want to be kept a secret?
And do you ever doubt and think "oh this is just a figment of my imagination, I'm going crazy"? Though you can't even begin to describe how it felt?

That's always where I stumble. No matter how ineffable an experience was, I somehow feel as if I'm crazy afterwards.  

Ellisari

Talesofbiro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:51 pm
I have two patrons. Bast and Hel.

I've always had a connection to Bast by my love/obsession of cats. Over the last few years I have gotten closer and closer to her in various ways. She actually helped me out just recently.

For Hel, a few years ago my wiccan friend was trying to give a message to me from a departed family member or something like that. ((I can't remember exactly what he was trying because it was so long ago, all I remember it was related to my family.)) And he was telling the description of what they look like but instead it was Hel he described. He was completely confused by the fact that every time he tried he got Hel's picture. This sparked my interest and since I have also grown closer to her.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:42 am
Sanguina Cruenta
KiroYuRawr

greek  

KiroYuRawr

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:28 am
KiroYuRawr
Sanguina Cruenta
KiroYuRawr

greek

What did it look like? The long chiton dresses?  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games