12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:59 pm
Ahkmill
Garek Maxwell
RyanJakobi
How can vegetarians say they are helping the environment if they keep EATING ALL THE PLANTS?

Me, I prefer a little meat too. 3nodding

It takes more plants to support a cow to eat than to just eat the plants themselves. That's the jist of it anyway.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I think you need almost double the land to support a cow than a human. ...I think. I could be wrong and it may be a little less or more than that.

However, if we didn't eat the cows, their would be a bunch of cows AND humans eating the plants.

If we munch the cows, we control how much the cows eat as well. It's hard to eat when you've been eaten.

You know, if we stopped over breeding and as Garek put it, "growing" cows then there wouldn't be an overpopulation of them, or any livestock, if we cut back on consumption.
Also, the "if we don't eat them, they'll overpopulate" argument is silly. There's TONS of other predators (wolves, cougars, etc) that would eat them, if we'd stop killing off the predators.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:06 pm
mmm bacon blaugh been awhile since I've had some o.o"

^^ hi everyone  

Sabalarra

Aijo_Iceblood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:29 pm
BACON IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:48 am
Quote:
It's pointless to eat baby cows because there's little, if no meat on them and you still have to feed and take care of two other cows just to support the production of new baby cows.

Actually you can eat them. It's called veal. I've never had it but apparently it's tender and has a delicate taste. Most veal comes from calves from the dairy breeds. And calves can weigh 150 lbs a few days after birth.  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 am
Garek Maxwell

This explains it the best, but in short it's quality versus quantity. many plants work in such a way as to take advantage of certain conditions and grow quickly and in large numbers. A lot of insects are the same.
Which makes it rather sad such developed places as the United States of America don't take advantage of insects. They could be a great source of protein if people could get over the ick factor.

I don't have any problem with vegetarians, outside of those who try to push their eating habits on their pets. And yes, I have seen a number of vegans that do this, which is why I bring it up. If you refuse to use any meat products, than don't get a dog or cat as a pet. Forcing them to live off supplements and all veggie diet is a form of cruelty in and of itself. Besides there are plenty of herbivore based animals you could keep instead.

I've have never been that big of a meat eater, though that has to do with taste. Ever since I was a little kid my parents would have to bug me to eat my meats since they were often my least favorite food group.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:42 am
*coats Krissim in chocolate and nibbles on a leg*  

Selene Aries

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:45 am
Selene Aries
*coats Krissim in chocolate and nibbles on a leg*
Should have seen that coming. XD

Sad thing is my current mantis might very well eat her own leg. Other day I spent ten minutes trying to wrestle away my blanket that accidentally got snagged on her claw when she caught the cricket I had offered her. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:42 am
Krissim Klaw
Garek Maxwell

This explains it the best, but in short it's quality versus quantity. many plants work in such a way as to take advantage of certain conditions and grow quickly and in large numbers. A lot of insects are the same.
Which makes it rather sad such developed places as the United States of America don't take advantage of insects. They could be a great source of protein if people could get over the ick factor.

I don't have any problem with vegetarians, outside of those who try to push their eating habits on their pets. And yes, I have seen a number of vegans that do this, which is why I bring it up. If you refuse to use any meat products, than don't get a dog or cat as a pet. Forcing them to live off supplements and all veggie diet is a form of cruelty in and of itself. Besides there are plenty of herbivore based animals you could keep instead.

I've have never been that big of a meat eater, though that has to do with taste. Ever since I was a little kid my parents would have to bug me to eat my meats since they were often my least favorite food group.

*puts Krissim in an alcoholic lollipop and sucks on her*  

F a w k s i

CodyDudeTm

Desirable Fatcat

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Champion 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:37 am
Meat is goood. :3
But I won't eat any furries. Yet. ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:08 am
I've never seen someone force a vegan diet on a pet. That's kind of insane. I've had plenty of vegans get on my case for eating meat, but that's kind of typical for where I live.

I don't actually eat too much meat, to be honest. I mean, I have meat in my fridge for food, but most of the time I eat simple things that I can microwave because I can't cook, and the simple things don't usually have meat in them. Except for hotdogs, but lets not get started on those. Don't need to hear what's in'em.  

Af Mas

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:37 am
Hm, this thread needs more bacon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:34 am
Krissim Klaw
If you refuse to use any meat products, than don't get a dog or cat as a pet. Forcing them to live off supplements and all veggie diet is a form of cruelty in and of itself. Besides there are plenty of herbivore based animals you could keep instead.

That totally reminds me of the Poppler episode of Futurama. "We taught a lion to eat tofu!" "*COUGH* *WHEEZE*" X3  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

L Ahkmill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:38 am

It's all about the Tactical Bacon.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:29 pm
I saw a site the other day that sells vegan pet food..It's mostly grain which I believe in recent research has shown is actually bad for cats and dogs..There was one that had avocado in it which is actually toxic to dogs and cats..WTF?  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:29 pm
Cats are basically the only ones that are pure (or close to pure) carnivores. They thrive best on 50%-90% meat kibbles or raw diet. Dogs are more of scavengers and omnivores, so even a 50% diet is too much for them. Around 25%-30% overall meat intake is the best.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff