Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should I express myself in school...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

should i express myself?
  yes
  no
View Results

urushi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:57 pm
I say express! I go through that too. i know what it's like. Hell, i'm in 9th right now 3nodding *last day w00t!* I always express my self whether its through my clothes or my art! I have peoplez who'll kick some azz if they make fun of us or put us down 3nodding try not to be scared if you like something like it and don't be ashemed for it! If you want to express yourself do it! Just don't go overboard, and if you draw bloody pictures of mass murdering, HIDE THEM!!! or creppy stitched up dolls 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:11 pm
In school say that I'm a freak in a cool manner rolleyes  

Hikari Mi

playmytracks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:53 am
I don't see anything wrong with being a goth. I mean, if they're gonna talk about you... let them. It's not like they're gonna hurt you. Apparantly, they're not even gonna lay your hands on you. Once you get out of 9th grade, you'll realize whatever they say... it doesn't matter. All you're gonna care about is getting money, a job, school, and being the best for your friends. Reputation is gonna be the last thing on your mind. Why care about people you don't even know?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:35 pm
DO IT!!!!!!!!

I feel so lucky because my school is strange and it's almost expected that it's students are just as strange. Of course, most of them look and act like normal teenagers, but we have our odd balls but no actual goths besides myself and one other 9th grader. It's because we are all smart that we are expected to be weird. I attend the top school in the state and the 9th in the nation. So basically, when I came out as the goth that I am, all I got were a few sideways glances and a retarded question, but after that first day, I was pretty much accepted as the "artist" of our grade, because I look weird and I can draw.

Basically, you may not be as lucky as me, but you'll feel a lot better when you come out to those around you.  

the Rain Maker

Danthalas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:04 pm
I'd say the answer should be obvious... atleast to me. Here, i'll put it this way... What's worse? Being hated for what you are, or being loved for what you arent? Simply put, people may not be able to accept you for what you are... but they dont have to, sure it's nice to be accepted/recognized once in awial... but i think what's important is that you can accept yourself for what you are.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:06 pm
I personally hate people who diss goths or come up to you and be like "Do you believe in God". I personally am a Goth who does believe in God.

I believe you should express yourself. You shouldn't care what other people think of you. Just be yourself and what you think about yourself is all that matters.  

LostxInxLonliness

Danthalas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:14 pm
LostxInxLonliness
I personally hate people who diss goths or come up to you and be like "Do you believe in God". I personally am a Goth who does believe in God.

I believe you should express yourself. You shouldn't care what other people think of you. Just be yourself and what you think about yourself is all that matters.

(bah, had to redit this one... hit quote and it posted it O.o)

Personally i dont approve of anyone hating someone because of their beliefs or such, but whenever people ask me "Have you found God/Jesus?" I just raise an eyebrow and ask them, "No... since when did i become you're saviors babysitter?? FIND HIM YOURSELF!"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:40 am
Ame argentee
ive been thinking if i should express myself in school... but i am afraid if like people are gonna make fun of me or something...
well if you wanna fight go for it but if not dont because goths are made fun more than gays.  

slipknot09

slipknot09

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:42 am
romeyclouds
I don't see anything wrong with being a goth. I mean, if they're gonna talk about you... let them. It's not like they're gonna hurt you. Apparantly, they're not even gonna lay your hands on you. Once you get out of 9th grade, you'll realize whatever they say... it doesn't matter. All you're gonna care about is getting money, a job, school, and being the best for your friends. Reputation is gonna be the last thing on your mind. Why care about people you don't even know?
like he said but also when you get to highschool people are more mature  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:07 am
Ame argentee
ive been thinking if i should express myself in school... but i am afraid if like people are gonna make fun of me or something...

User Image

Okay, now that that's taken care of.
If you went to my school I probably would make fun of you for being so self concious over what people thought of you.
Look: It doesn't matter. Wear whatever the ******** you want.
If it hurts your feelings so much that people MIGHT tease you, then just stay inside forever and make computer friends. =/

Zombina Corpse

Psychotic_Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:32 pm
You shouldent be arfaid of what other people think....
do what you want...and if anybody says anything to you...ignore them.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:19 am
Expressing your self is what teenagers do, I mean its just whats in our human nature. Who cares if people at school make fun of you. If they do they are not your reall friends. I know by now you have been talking about bands and such like that. They should know what you are with out the "clothing, earings and such." Those things don't make you what you really are. If you are going for the Goth look, hey good for you if you truly feel nice from doing that. Hey I go ya back.

Be your self and to hell with people that don't understand.

HoldTheOnion

IsarToreldo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:22 am
I say go for it, and I mean if other people don't really care for it, ******** em. You only have to put up with them for so long and then they'll be out of your life for good, and while you have to put up with them, remember that those people are just ignorant little morons, and that they really won't matter to you after.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:59 pm
Just be yourself, no matter what they say. There's always gonna be somebody who doesn't like it. Just, don't try and be someone you're not, because I hate that so much, it's disgusting.  

Spooky Ames

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:45 pm
I agree, just be who you wanna be!!! My mom & dad & people at school freaked out when I started to slowly become goth, but hey who cares about them???It's you!!!!! They shouldn't try to diss your style!!!!!!! mrgreen  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff