What's your IQ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hawt_az_FCUK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:57 pm
i dont know my IQ.....

but when i had pneumonia i think i lost brain cells..... sweatdrop im guessing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:29 pm
i took a real IQ test in 5th grade and scored a 182 and another not to long ago for a psyc. evaluation and scored a 217 im in 11th now and im not joking stare  

Happy Cha0s

Dapper Trickster

19,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:32 pm
I was tired when I took it , but I got a 124.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:45 pm
Okay I just took it and got a 135. 0_o  

Henneth Annun
Captain

This Old Oscillator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:43 pm
-NNy-SOAd
i took a real IQ test in 5th grade and scored a 182 and another not to long ago for a psyc. evaluation and scored a 217 im in 11th now and im not joking stare

If that's on the Stanford-Binet Scale, which is the de facto standard, you're full of s**t.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:42 am
This Old Oscillator
-NNy-SOAd

If that's on the Stanford-Binet Scale, which is the de facto standard, you're full of s**t.

Indeed.

Anyone who scores over 175 is bound to get national news coverage anyways. Do you remember when that California bouncer got a 195? He did a whole circuit of Good Morning America, 20/20, 60 Minutes, all of those shows.

---

But on the broader subject at hand, IQ tests online are total bullshit. You cannot trust them at all. Real IQ tests require person-to-person evaluation.  

GilAskan
Crew

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:03 am
Probably really really really low, I don't need a test to prove that... XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:54 am
GilAskan
This Old Oscillator
-NNy-SOAd

Indeed.

Anyone who scores over 175 is bound to get national news coverage anyways. Do you remember when that California bouncer got a 195? He did a whole circuit of Good Morning America, 20/20, 60 Minutes, all of those shows.

---

But on the broader subject at hand, IQ tests online are total bullshit. You cannot trust them at all. Real IQ tests require person-to-person evaluation.

is critisize others all this guild does really that is not a fact that some one above a 175 would gat all this attention if u really think that you are all idiots IQ tests that are not national have scores are all based on age ranges so all this saying im full of s**t and that im lieing is some real ignorant s**t

and yes online tests are all made up nothing about them is true  

Happy Cha0s

Dapper Trickster

19,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:40 am
GilAskan
This Old Oscillator
-NNy-SOAd

Indeed.

---

And there's always the possibility that he made some lucky geusses on the answers.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:03 pm
User Image
I really don't put much stock in boiling all one's intelligences and intellectual attributes down to a single number, and even moreso I do not believe that an online test has any amount of accuracy. That being said, I got some sort of IQ test during a psychological evaluation, and had an IQ of 130 when my brain was melting underneath layers of drugs I didn't need. I'm assuming it's a bit higher now that I can think properly.
User Image

Vexworth

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:01 pm
XWraith_LordX
And there's always the possibility that he made some lucky geusses on the answers.

You can't really make "lucky guesses" on IQ tests. IQ tests don't have typical "Question and Answer" segments in which there's a right and wrong answer. IQ tests are based around problem solving, measuring the mind's aptitude to approach, solve, and learn from puzzles.

A classic IQ test problem, sometimes seen on television-

You are shown a picture of a semi-complex three-dimensional object, such as the Capital Building, and asked to study the picture for 10 seconds. The picture is taken away, and you are then given a number of square blocks and are told to reconstruct the object as best you can. The blocks have no correct way to be assembled. The test giver watches your progress, sees how fast you begin building, how many times you start over, how long it takes you to come to a conclusion. They will also make note of your final product, and will compare it's shapes to those of the picture.

This is the nature of an IQ test- it's how your mind works, not what your mind knows.

-Nny-SOAd
is critisize others all this guild does really that is not a fact that some one above a 175 would gat all this attention if u really think that you are all idiots IQ tests that are not national have scores are all based on age ranges so all this saying im full of s**t and that im lieing is some real ignorant s**t

IQ tests are NOT based on age. As said above, they're based around how the mind works, not what the mind knows. A child who gets a 150 on the test will be regarded as just as intelligent as an adult who gets the same score.

Unless, as This Old Oscillator proposed, the IQ test you took is on a completely different scale, in which case, your 217 means nothing to us unless you can present the scale on which you were scored.

As for the Guild's criticisms, we try to keep an open mind to all members. However, I, as a moderator, track the activities of a number of members of the Guild. All criticism I have seen towards you thusfar has been a reaction to your statements, which, plainly, appear immature and ignorant.

You very well may be a very smart and mature person, but you have yet to demonstrate so through your posts.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:06 pm
GilAskan
XWraith_LordX

You can't really make "lucky guesses" on IQ tests. IQ tests don't have typical "Question and Answer" segments in which there's a right and wrong answer. IQ tests are based around problem solving, measuring the mind's aptitude to approach, solve, and learn from puzzles.

A classic IQ test problem, sometimes seen on television-

You are shown a picture of a semi-complex three-dimensional object, such as the Capital Building, and asked to study the picture for 10 seconds. The picture is taken away, and you are then given a number of square blocks and are told to reconstruct the object as best you can. The blocks have no correct way to be assembled. The test giver watches your progress, sees how fast you begin building, how many times you start over, how long it takes you to come to a conclusion. They will also make note of your final product, and will compare it's shapes to those of the picture.

This is the nature of an IQ test- it's how your mind works, not what your mind knows.

-Nny-SOAd

IQ tests are NOT based on age. As said above, they're based around how the mind works, not what the mind knows. A child who gets a 150 on the test will be regarded as just as intelligent as an adult who gets the same score.

Unless, as This Old Oscillator proposed, the IQ test you took is on a completely different scale, in which case, your 217 means nothing to us unless you can present the scale on which you were scored.

As for the Guild's criticisms, we try to keep an open mind to all members. However, I, as a moderator, track the activities of a number of members of the Guild. All criticism I have seen towards you thusfar has been a reaction to your statements, which, plainly, appear immature and ignorant.

You very well may be a very smart and mature person, but you have yet to demonstrate so through your posts.

Actually, it is partially based on age. The test is supposed to determine your mental age, which is then divided by your physical age and multiplied by 100. Or something like that.
It's all bullshit anyway. The test was originally devised as a way for an examiner to determine whether or not a subject was mentally retarded. It was not really meant to quantify actual intelligence.  

This Old Oscillator

Happy Cha0s

Dapper Trickster

19,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:20 pm
Quote:
Actually, it is partially based on age. The test is supposed to determine your mental age, which is then divided by your physical age and multiplied by 100. Or something like that.
It's all bullshit anyway. The test was originally devised as a way for an examiner to determine whether or not a subject was mentally retarded. It was not really meant to quantify actual intelligence.

he is right on all of it except minor details such as the actual possess of finding ones IQ but that is not relevant and again i state that if some one scores high it doesnt mean a thing that man either wanted to do it or some one who knew him said something but there are hundreds of thousands of people with an IQ even higher than mine that no one knows about so dont go off saying im a liar because you dont see me in the news or in a book i dont want that kind of attention (and just because i posted it on here means nothing the thread was what was your IQ and so i posted it)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:28 pm

[Ashes][is][Ashes]

YellowRavenInk

Opinionated Bibliophile

12,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:30 am
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items