Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Who's your favorite character of the entire .hack// series? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yokaiy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:23 am
What's this? I've never posted in this thread? MADNESS.

Okayyyy, favorites. I have a lot, but I guess I'll narrow it down to like 5, in no real order.

1. Sheraton. His voice made me die. Not his english voice, mind you, I had all the voicing in those games set to japanese. But does everyone remember when you first run into him? You're exploring a bugged dungeon with Mistral (and BR because she never leaves my party) and you come across another player in front of a monster portal. He sways a little, and the portal opens up, a giant Data Bug coming out. And then he says, "I'm sorry... did I wake you?"

I was in love. I don't even care how he's full of holes and missing have of his face. He is DEFINITELY one of my favorites.

2. Kite. I think I may have liked him more for his story than for his actual character, but I found myself growing very attached to him throughout playing IMOQ. He was just a little kid who happened to be in a ridiculous situation. And, despite how hopeless and stupid it was for him to go through with the whole thing, he did it anyway because he was the only one who could help his friend. I dunno, his courage and good character seemed uncharacteristic of someone his age, and I really liked that.

3. Piros (and Piros the Third). I love this guy. He's just... so nuts. NOW MIND YOU I don't use him if I can get away with it, but I just love him anyway. And then in GU he got even more nuts. Oh, I guess I should add in this little blurb that I like Endrance too. Not enough to warrant him being my top 5, but I love him for much the same reasons as Piros -- he just makes everything so GAY and ridiculous. XD

4. Zelkova. The two-faces lord of the Net Slums. The fact that he was, on the surface, so happy and cute, but was actually all-knowing and rather sneaky, made me really respect him. He was probably the best roleplayer of the lot of them, and the fact you couldn't really pin down which was the real him was sort of... charming.

5. Azure Kite (with Haseo). Hahahaha, not much to say on this one. Mmmmm zombies (and manwhores).

Now, if anything, this is NOT a complete list. There really aren't any characters in the entirety of .hack that I /hate/. And the fact that originally I was going to list 3 and ended up with 5 should be some indication that I suck at picking favorites.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:15 pm
Kite, cause no matter what series you're in, his existence affected your overall success =)  

zawardo

Green Hero

Terix_FM

2,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:24 pm
xRukaUsagi
I love Balmung in Legend of the Twilight. biggrin I love his look and atitude. He's just awesome! xd

i loved him in the manga. he was always pretending to be drunk. and of course the potential-yaoi thing him and reki had going on. xd

Darkly_Doomed
Terix_aptor
for me it's a 3-way tie. they're all from Twilight

Reki : cuz i hav a thing for sidekick characters http://images.absoluteanime.com/dot_hack/thumbs/_reki.jpg]+
((UGH! the URL thingy isnt workin crying the link is okay tho))

Zefie: the girl was freakin AWESOME [ + ]

Kaz: i jus threw him in there cuz he's badass n hecka mysterious [ + ]

notice how i doubt any of the non-obsessed fans even know who these characters are sweatdrop

Three from Legend of the Twilight, eh? Kaz WAS awesome. Zefie could be annoying, but her giving people afros was nice. People seem to like Reki. He was a good guy.

yeah yeah yeah! her intro into the series was epic: lol the whistling during the fireworks show and making it rain. and that scene she had with Lycoris it finally made me feel like i wasnt he ONLY person who read //AI Busters  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm
I love Subaru!! Shes just adorable and I love axes..They be an awesome weapon!

User Image

3-W-3-A-0-7

5,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

CerisiaWolfBlade

Hilarious Werewolf

2,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:14 pm
Endrance! it sucks that he was taken out so soon i like Balmung too.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:35 am
Player Kite
I prefer kite from XXXXX as he was more heroic,and in Legend, his name was Shuugo, not kite. =w= Kite has a wel lthought out team in XXXXX and is the best of all

That's because Shuugo and Kite are two different people. o_O; Shuugo was using Kite's avatar that he won in a contest.

My favorite character throughout the entire series probably has to be Balmung. Balmung was such an a*****e until Outbreak, but he proved to be a very loyal friend. He also had such high respect from a lot of players, so it was very cool to hear all about that. ^^ And even in Legend of the Twilight, he was so wise and mysterious...such a cool guy.  

Yui san

Bashful Shapeshifter

6,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Friendly 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:50 pm
Mew_Mikan19
Endrance! it sucks that he was taken out so soon i like Balmung too.

What do you mean "he was taken out so soon"? :0  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:57 am
Terix_aptor
xRukaUsagi
I love Balmung in Legend of the Twilight. biggrin I love his look and atitude. He's just awesome! xd

i loved him in the manga. he was always pretending to be drunk. and of course the potential-yaoi thing him and reki had going on. xd

Darkly_Doomed
Terix_aptor
for me it's a 3-way tie. they're all from Twilight

Reki : cuz i hav a thing for sidekick characters http://images.absoluteanime.com/dot_hack/thumbs/_reki.jpg]+
((UGH! the URL thingy isnt workin crying the link is okay tho))

Zefie: the girl was freakin AWESOME [ + ]

Kaz: i jus threw him in there cuz he's badass n hecka mysterious [ + ]

notice how i doubt any of the non-obsessed fans even know who these characters are sweatdrop

Three from Legend of the Twilight, eh? Kaz WAS awesome. Zefie could be annoying, but her giving people afros was nice. People seem to like Reki. He was a good guy.

yeah yeah yeah! her intro into the series was epic: lol the whistling during the fireworks show and making it rain. and that scene she had with Lycoris it finally made me feel like i wasnt he ONLY person who read //AI Busters

I only just remembered that scene! See, I read Legend of Twilight before A.I. Busters, so yeah.
I just read //Another Birth and realized that Black Rose was Kaz's sister, I think. It's amazing how things connect together in .hack sometimes.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Mr Eliot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:51 pm
XD yes its incredibly gratifying when you see those awesome connections

still, i loved all that i read about the past in ai buster, wish they could have continued some of those old characters and their stories T _ T  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:55 am
Ouka from .hack// Legend of the Twilight.
I love her attitude! If only her clothes were less... um... revealing.  

Spyros Girlfriend

3,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:15 am
Za Wardo
Kite, cause no matter what series you're in, his existence affected your overall success =)
That's true. He's in everything. Hard to not miss the guy...  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:47 pm
Spyros Girlfriend
Ouka from .hack// Legend of the Twilight.
I love her attitude! If only her clothes were less... um... revealing.

They were less revealing in the anime, if that helps at all.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:48 pm
BreathLessX
Za Wardo
That's true. He's in everything. Hard to not miss the guy...

The only thing that doesn't really apply to was //4koma, since in that Kite was a jerk (that's why I like him in //4koma XD)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:44 pm
I've always loved Tsukasa.
He just has this attidude that says 'i don't care', and i love that.
Plus i think he's the only one that has a character that's not the same gender in rl.

User Image

tsius

5,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Hygienic 200

Its Meark

Desirable Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:53 pm
I'm kinda torn between Kite and Elk. neutral  
@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]