Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
Hunter's Mark OOC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:24 am
K-Blade
Wait a minuet, Krayt took over the Empire at the beginning of the comic book, years after the Jedi Massacre at Ossus.
Years after? I thought that during the treaty to get rid of the Jedi, between the Sith and Empire, Krayt then took over after the Massacre.

My time-line may be messed up. I'm heading to the bookstore before work so I'll check it out.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:38 am
I actually agree with Des. I think that Krayt deposed Fel shortly after the Jedi Massacre.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:50 am
that may be, I don't have the comic #1 with me to check.
go for it Des, check for me please. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:59 am
130 ABY

Its occurs in the same year. At the time of 135, the Galaxy would be mostly controlled by the Sith, with the Fel Empire still scattered. Jedi are still on the run, allowing for interesting bounties, and the Sith are wide-spread and many.

Also, Stellar, how exactly did your Sith escape without being killed by other Sith?  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:40 am
I'm thinking of switching to former imperial knight... There's some interesting light side powers that should work hand in hand with the noble talent I'm picking up.

Plus, I'm not sure the Chiss character I've come up with will be emotional enough to make a believable, pissed off sith. Most of the Chiss we see in the Zahn works seem to have their emotions well under control and work more with logic and deduction than emotion, so a force sensitive chiss I'd think would lean more toward the grey or light instead of the dark.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:57 am
I could see it going either way. But I think you'd have an easier time with the Sith. Plus you'll be oh so colorful!
But honestly, it can work out. You just wont be your stereotypical Sith or Chiss. Sith can be cold and collected.

Imperial Knights are extremely zealous, and wouldnt have had defected easily. And being Ex-Jedi would just have us handing you over to Rev to help our debts along. Well, etiher of those would really be bad for you.

Yes, we're gonna be working for Rev, according to Nelo.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:11 pm
There's nothing as dangerous as a cool headed opponent.

I could see a sith, not sure what force abilities my character will have yet. We kind of need to roll stats to get that info.

Hmm... Tann'ur'aklio AKA Nurak. How's that for a chiss name?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:28 pm
Does it mean anything?

So far, we have an Umberan Gun-fu Gammatron Cleric , a Feeorin Mandalorian, and your FU.

I think a Chiss Sith would fit well.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:34 pm
Not really... no one has translations for Chiss languages. Though it means my character was a member of the Tann clan. Which is a reference to the only chiss known to wield the force Sev'rance Tann... I'm assuming that's a modification of the name Tann'sev'rance to make it more understandable to outsiders. Much like how japanese people will reverse their name order when talking to europeans.

It's also a reference to a certain important vulcan philosopher in star trek. An advocate of logic.

Rage is fine, so long as channeled and directed by logic smile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:37 pm
Go for it then. biggrin  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:34 pm
If you want, you can have the lineage bonuses of the Tann family too, stellar. Although a former Imp Knight would make quite an interesting turn of events..

And Des, it's Rav, not Rev. He's not a tachometer. i'm just using him as the main source of missions, unless someone else has a better idea. I doubt you want to be a bounty hunting crew all the time, so I'll have the BH missions come from the guild, otherwise.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:57 pm
I haven't made up my mind as to whether I'll be an imperial knight or a sith.

I'm looking at the Legacy Destiny system now...
Sev'rance Tann, sith apprentice and CIS general... What would fit with that motif? A bonus to force use upon spending a destiny point or a bonus to my comrades.

She commanded droids mostly so I'd guess force use would make more sense. Hmm... How bout either a +2 or +5 bonus to use the force checks for the remainder of an encounter upon using a destiny point?  

stellarmagic

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:02 pm
Nelowulf
If you want, you can have the lineage bonuses of the Tann family too, stellar. Although a former Imp Knight would make quite an interesting turn of events..

And Des, it's Rav, not Rev. He's not a tachometer. i'm just using him as the main source of missions, unless someone else has a better idea. I doubt you want to be a bounty hunting crew all the time, so I'll have the BH missions come from the guild, otherwise.

Makes sense... we could also do counter-piracy actions and similar things. I'm tempted to whip up stats for my Legacy era characters so we could use them as targets for bounty hunting, opposition as pirates, or that rare and always irksome, competent imperial officer.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:14 pm
Well she was famous for teaching an unteachable species. I'd say spend a destiny point to any skill check, teammate or self, made as though it was a natural 20, once per day.

Sound fair?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:11 pm
Here's the one thing about playing a sith that you have to be careful of, or anyone for that matter. Unless Nelo disregards this of coarse, you can only get as many Dark side points as your wisdom score before you lose the character. Like I said though, Nelo can just say ******** it and we go full evil campaign which is what everyone seems to be doing.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff