Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inn of Peace (and other rp)

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild from non to fully literate role plays. 

Tags: Role play, literate 

Reply Graveyard
The World of Darth [ON HOLD] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:11 am
Out of boredom, Kageko started analyzing the auras around her. She could feel the aura of a vampire and their animal, she still needed to train herself at distinguishing between the aura's of animals. The animal seemed big, but she couldn't tell what it was. However, that wasn't what scared her, that aura had no reason to scare her, it was relatively peaceful. What scared her was a werewolf's aura she recognized all too well, and that aura seemed VERY angry and was headed right towards her. was all Kageko could think as she stopped, but then she figured, and continued walking. Slightly faster this time.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:21 pm
Emilia used her sense of smell to localize Kageko as the werewolf walked away from the meeting room. After a while, she smelled the kid and accelerated towards her. It did not take long before the young human appeared in sight of Emilia.

Emilia took a deep breath, trying not to bark or growl at the kid but she had a hard time speaking nicely. Her voice was cold and tensed. "Enjoying the fresh air?" The question wasn't one, but just a way for Emilia to gain back control of herself. She breathed heavily several times, not that she was out of breath, but she was trying to calm down...without success.

"We are all waiting for you." she hissed.
"Do you think that I don't have anything else to do that run after you?!" her tone was slightly higher as she spoke. She was annoyed at the kid and even more annoyed at Louis. How could he send her on such a lame errand? That kid should know her duties.

"Let's go." she ordered and started walking towards the castle, keeping an eye on the girl.  

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:51 pm
Kageko halted as Emilia stopped in front of her. Apparently, she was wrong. Emila was angry at Kageko for some reason. <'Waiting'?> Kageko mused to herself as she followed Emilia, But she didn't ask questions. Emilia didn't look like she was in the mood to answer anything. Kageko quietly followed behind her to the castle.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:37 pm
User Image
Saeven Aneik

'Playing both sides of the field,
It's the only way to survive
Convincing them to trust you
Making them think you're on their side'

Saeven had been present throughout the burning of the Queen, just not with the Unit. Louis would understand. To be amongst members of the Unit whilst members of the Fang would undoubtedly be present as well would be foolish at best, suicidal at worst. So Saeven had remained of to the right of King Fenris, watching the vampire sink ever deeper and deeper into an apparently futile battle with depression of the worst sort. When the first of the explosions occurred and a young vampire girl was turned into a living torch, Saeven was unsurprised. In his mind, now would be the perfect time for any member of the Fangs, Lycans or the Blessed to strike. It was unlikely to be the work of the Fangs, for he had heard nothing of a planned strike, and they would wait until nightfall to act.

While waiting amongst the other members of the Unit, he weakened the wall behind which he hid his thoughts and feelings. A cursory probe of his mind would not find him thinking or feeling anything, but should anyone dig deeper they would find his current thoughts centered around the here and now, much as always. 'Foolish human. I almost feel bad that I was one of those which allowed her entry into the Unit. I do hope that the werewolf girl, Emilia, keeps her temper in check and does not do anything rash whilst alone with the girl. I would not have sent Emilia to collect Kageko, but I am sure Louis has his reasons, as always.' His thoughts carried along this line most of the time, not that any could tell. It was not that he liked the girl, for a hundred years he worked for the Unit and the Fangs, which taught him that he could not risk liking anyone on either side.

Though he did not truly like the girl, Kageko, he felt pity for her and so, on the occasions they had met, had been friendly towards her. No one could tell he was pretending and so it worked well, for the girl would occasionally turn to him when Emilia's rage was at it's peak. Emilia, well, he was not quite sure how the werewolf girl felt about him. Honestly, he didn't truly care either.

He waited in the shadows, pacing around the perimeter of the room, glancing out the windows he passed. Saeven seemed, to an outsider, to be restless or paranoid, but he lived by the old adage, 'It is better to err on the side of caution.' He constantly was checking for anything out of the ordinary and on the off days he had to himself would take rounds around the Triumvirate castles. He watched the rest of those in the Unit as they waited for the duo to return as well.

'Praying they do not find you lied,
Those that know the true you are few.
Know that lying is the only means to remain alive.
Untruths are your only true shield.'

Alus Shar Plynnil

Miss McNinja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:59 pm
A few hours later, Kristoph returned to the upper floor of the shop, to where he and his family resided. He chuckled at young Cedric, who seemed to be making quite a mess of his porridge in the kitchen area. The child appeared to have got more of the mixture over the countertops and his clothing than in his bowl. "Right!" The father announced, standing beside his son as he gestured towards a deep basin filled with water across from them. "We're both messy from our hard work, I think it's time we washed ourselves up a little!" With a grin, he ruffled his son's hair. "Papa has a very important delivery to run now that he's finished his work in the shop, so I'm afraid you can't come along this time, alright?" The boy agreed hesitantly, not because he wanted to, but it was more a case of him having to. The last time Kristoph brought Cedric along to an important delivery, the boy clumsily knocked over several expensive vases.. Let's just say that the customer who owned them never returned to their store again... And left the family with some rather harsh words, too.

Noting his childs' obvious disappointment, Kristoph pouted. "Aw, cheer up kiddo. You know I'd let you come along if they weren't so darn stingy. Touch anything and they charge you for it. Hell, they'd probably make you pay to use their bathroom most likely.. Money grubbing, damned--" He was cut off, as Cedric laughed at his father. "Papa!" The boy exclaimed. "You're rambling and being all grumpy again!"
With a look of mock horror and disgust, Kristoph turned away from his son. "..M-Me!? I never! ..You little scamp!" Grabbing the child, Kristoph tickled little Cedric, the two wrestling with each other for a good few minutes. The two were quick to cease their obnoxious behaviour once they caught sight of Alice, who looked furious at the mess the two had made- of themselves and the kitchen.
The bowl of porridge that once stood atop the kitchen counter was now splattered across the stone flooring, and the two glanced at each other like naughty children.. Well, technically one was still a child.. Kristoph, on the other hand..

"You have that look again. The one you do when you're about to beat the living hell out of me.." Kristoph tried to reason with his wife, his voice nervous and trembling. His wife was not one lady that you wanted to annoy. "Hahaaa.... Ced, I'll let your mother clean you up. I'll clean myself outside.. Before she throws me out there.. Good luck."

Kristoph grabbed his clean clothes and retreated to the safety of the outside world, choosing to clean his face and arms at the water pump rather than do it inside... And face his wife's wrath. Satisfied that he was clean enough, he went back inside and closed up his store downstairs. He got himself changed into his clean clothing and pulled his coat back on, making sure to wrap his scarf around his neck nice and tight for extra warmth. He picked up a large heavy trunk, containing various weapons and decorational items that he had crafted over the past few months. The man hauled it along with him as he set off to complete his delivery, heading in the direction of the Castle.

'Oh, what fun.' He thought. 'Those bloody high-class snobs better not look down on me again.. If those guards give me the same attitude as before, I'll make sure to sock one of them in the face.. Pff, thinking that I stole my own goods from elsewhere. Can't appreciate good craftsmanship these days it seems. Don't even get me started on those nobles that they protect.. I've seen the way they look at me, sitting there with their wine and their ridiculous amounts of food like they own the entire damn world... Like they're above me.. Pfeh. Someone should burn everything they own, see how they like having little to live on.' He smirked at the thought of that.. It pleased him so.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:17 pm
Angeles got on Alexandria's back and walked the horse through the streets. The clip clop of the horses hooves echoed through the rarely used back roads that Angeles hunted that night, where vampires took their victims to kill in peace.

Angeles pulled out a piece of paper that seemed to have nothing on it except small 'x's and tally marks. She drew another tally mark on the paper and looked at it before slipping it back into her pocket. She would need to feed soon, otherwise she would be as much of a danger to the humans as the trouble vampires she hunted. She saw a few humans wandering around, which was strange but she ignored them for the most part.

One was carrying what appeared to be heavy trunk and, after a moment's debate, steered Alexandria over to him, "would you like help carrying that?" she asked.  

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

Miss McNinja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:38 am
The man stopped in his tracks as he was approached by a horse, and from what he could tell, a vampire riding it. "Your offer is most kind. However, I'm quite used to it, ma'am. I believe I'll be fine." Kristoph replied to Angeles, flashing her a polite smile.

Honestly, he was struggling a little despite being fairly well-built. However, Kristoph believed it inproper of him to burden others with his own work, whether they have inhuman strength or not. He continued speaking, setting the trunk down on the ground in front of him. "I'm just carrying a little more than usual. Been getting more orders in lately.. "

With a quiet chuckle, he gave Alexandria a gentle stroke on the neck, admiring the horse for a few moments. "You have a fine companion." He seemed wary of Angeles in his body language, as he was with all vampires, but was trying his very best to remain proper and polite. He knew that not all of them were out to suck him dry of his blood.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:01 am
Angeles smiled and dismounted as the man stroked the horses neck. She could tell he was wary, as well that he shoulder be, but she would not harm him, "she is my only companion," she said, also rubbing the horse down, "she's been with me for a long time. But come, I would not mind helping you with your burden, I may act as a guard perhaps if you really desire to carry it yourself. If not we could also put it on Alexandria's back, she won't mind I'm sure," she smiled at him and patted the horse's shoulder and she touched the trunk with the tip of a finger.

"Or if you wish I may leave you alone, I will understand if that is your decision," Alexandria snorted slightly and nibbled slightly on the man's shirt and Angeles pushed the animal away, "you've fed already there's no need to eat his shirt," she said to the silly beast. She chuckled, "she's not hungry really, she's just playing."  

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

MacPere
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:20 am
With vigourous effort from Dr. Allen's entire medical team; the vampire child was cleared of all silver and bandaged tightly, with room to breathe and regular changes. Her screams of utter pain at the treatment was haunting; the sound resonating throughout the hospital's wards - especially so as she descended into the cool bath for the first time.

Rolias' hand ruffled his hair slightly as both he and the mother watched the girl sleep, making sure of no complications. "Overall, her recovery will take some time - and we aren't sure of whether she will make a full one. One particular piece of silver shrapnel managed to burl its way right into her chest cavity - it almost pierced her heart."

The woman began to cry quietly, bringing a hand to her mouth, gaze remaining upon her child. Rolias sighed and extended an arm, drawing her into a loose embrace - he was used to this reaction.

"My Lady... I know how you feel. My wife and child are within the graveyard, angels in the sky. Your kin is within your grasp... embrace it."

His hand seized the lady's chin and brought it up for their faces to become parallel. "Your daughter shall make it..." A toothy, seductive smile. "I will be sure..."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:29 pm
Kristoph laughed at Alexandria- Such a lovely creature! "Ha, I've had my shirt chewed on by many animals before, it's no real bother. She's being gentle at the very least, I'm thankful for that. I've had one horse tug on my clothing so hard that it knocked me over. After that, I stopped letting my scarf hang around my neck to flap about all over the place. Always tuck it in nowadays."

He gave Angeles a kind smile, before eyeing the trunk with an almost despairing gaze. "Alright, alright. I give in. If you'd help me with this thing, it'd be most helpful. Besides, it's always nice having somebody to chat with on the way. Usually I'd take my son, but this is a tad too important for him to be joining me with. The kid breaks everything he touches. Not good when you're delivering to those who have slightly more expensive posessions." He laughed at the thought, imagining Cedric's guilty little face. "That boy.. Whatever will I do with him?"  

Miss McNinja

Ale Posselna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:32 pm
Ria's horse was moving at a slow pace along the road that led to the castle. She had left her house early, so she wouldn't have to rush to the appointment, she knew how father was with those things. Besides, she didn't want to wrinkle the velvet of her dress.

"There's a lot of people going to the castle this morning." she said to herself, looking around her. She noticed a man carrying a large crate and a woman riding a white horse near him.
Recognition came to her mind. "It's the same horse from yesterday! And that must be the same rider..." she concluded, as her mind returned to the events of the previous day. She was curious of what the woman - no, vampire - had seen on that roof. Surely she knew more of what was going on than herself. Then again, she also was on the road to the castle, possibly also searching for some answers.
" Well, I'm not surprised. Every citizen should do the same, if they have the means to." Ria thought. She believed to be right on what she was thinking, it was her right as a citizen to question, to make the best choice for her life regarding the events. A task that appeared to be difficult, now that the Triumvirate was weakened...she didn't know for how much longer such ideals would stand, now that the Factions had a perfect opportunity to rise.
"The Factions must be rejoicing about this, even if they're the main suspects." she sighed " Then again, it could have been anyone."

Lost in her thoughts, Ria hardly noticed the horse approaching the castle. " It's still the same as it was. At least on the outside." she said, looking at the construction. Ria wondered if the guards were still the same from when she was little and if her father had already arrived.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:01 pm
Angeles smiled, she enjoyed hearing about other people's children, and she was glad to help the man, "alright let's get this done,"s he said and bent over to lift the trunk. It was slightly difficult, the sun must have be soon to rise. She set the trunk on Alexandria's back as gently as she could and took the death whisper, transforming it to a whip in order to tie it on the saddle.

Alexandria didn't so much as shift her weight, "good girl," she cooed to the horse and petted her neck, "come on," she said then, grabbing the reigns and clicking her tongue a couple times against the roof of her mouth. Alexandria immediately began to follow. Angeles kept her at a slow and steady pace so as not to overwork the animal as she turned to the man and said, "I am Angeles Valentine, the hunter, and you are?"  

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

Miss McNinja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:00 pm
"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Ms. Valentine." The Blacksmith gave her a courteous bow, before following alongside her. He ran a hand through his thick blonde hair, smoothing it out a little. "As for myself, I'm Kristoph Rosenbach. Call me Kris, if you wish. I work as a Blacksmith not too far from here. I live in the same building, on the top floor with my darling wife Alice and my rather curious lad, named Cedric. " He looked to Alexandria, slightly impressed. "Your friend there is handling that load rather well. So you say you're a hunter? What is it that you hunt exactly?"

He didn't sound at all worried about her occupation, the man was more curious than anything else. Kristoph was always rather intrigued by those who led dangerous and adventurous lifestyles, being unable to take such risks himself. Too tied up in his family to put them in any danger. "If you're just passing by, feel free to come visit our shop sometime. Don't worry- you don't have to buy anything. My wife likes having a good chat, and she can cook a mean meal.. Not that vampires need food necessarily, but the taste is to die for. Excuse the inappropriate phrasing there. I can't think of any other way to describe it! And I'm sure my lad would be excited to meet a hunter. He loves it when customers tell him their tales of different travels, and of faraway places. The kid's stuck at home all the time, so I guess he likes to escape into his little fantasy worlds."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:57 pm
Angeles smiled a bit as there came a far-away look in her eye as she answered, "I'm a hunter of my own kind," the far-away look left as quickly as it came and she smiled as Kris told her about his family and his occupation and where he lived, as well as inviting her to dinner. She laughed at him as he let a phrase slip and apologized for it. it was strange to have a human speak so freely to her.

"I would love to stop by your shop," said Angeles patting Alexandria's neck, "it would be a nice break away from what I normally do," which he now knew exactly what she did, "so, guessing by the road we're taking you have made some things for the Unit I presume? Or the normal guard?"  

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:45 pm
[[So we are all now on the morning of the day following the funeral - except for Louis & Saeven.]]

Emilia did not say a word during the end of the walk towards the Castle.

Louis was relieved to see them both, not that he doubt Emilia's abilities...
"Good! We are all here."
The vampire did not comment on Kageko's nonappearance before the meeting and Emilia growled in disapprobation but she just sat in a corner and remained silent and dark.
Her eyes looking at the other members while Louis spoke about what happened during the funeral. She looked at Saeven, another vampire, always talking with Louis on one by one. She had noticed that he was not with them during the funeral but with the vampires. She had felt so annoyed. But what could she do?
She was grateful that they were all wearing black clothes hiding their features. No one knew exactly who the Unit members were, except the members themselves and the three rulers. For their families and friends, they were part of the army, simple soldiers.

"We need to find who did that." concluded Louis.
Emilia had not really listened, her eyes staring at Saeven with anger. Another one who had voted for the kid to make it in the Unit.

"I know that I have asked a lot from you all lately but the situation is unique. Have some rest tomorrow morning. We will meet tomorrow afternoon at 4pm at the usual outdoor meeting point. Be careful." Louis warned and dismissed the group.

Emilia barely waited for the dismissal and disappeared.
Louis looked at Kageko and sighed.
"I am sorry Kiddo, just remember that after any action or mission, there is always a debriefing session with the team." he gave a tired smile and looked at Saeven.
"We need to talk." he said to the other vampire.

Emilia went running in the forest, destroying a couple of trees on her way to calm down her anger. She then made it home and fell asleep. She did not move from her room with the first ray of the sun as her habit. She just stayed in bed, thinking.  
Graveyard

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff