Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
looking for feedback on guild annoucements Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:20 am
I fine myself agreeing with many of the others. The developers have been pulled away from us to work on other projects and now we are stagnating again. I think that the guilds, which made Gaia what it is, should be put to the forefront again!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:45 am
I wouldn't say the guilds made Gaia what it is, the forums made Gaia what it is, the guilds came along after quite some time.

However, I find this ... disregard on behalf of the Gaia's top kicks to be very insulting; the guilds are no where NEAR up to date with the rest of the sit and that's not on.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

ETuesday

4,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 am
I like the announcement system, I think it can be really helpful, but I still think many of the previous posters have made good points, Gaia seems to have left the Guilds alone for too long.

I agree with what 1wolffan has said. biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:56 am
keep the guild announcements- my unorthodox way of using it to get people here worked.

And we have had other announcements that have gotten us some of our users back  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

[Shattered.Emo.tions]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:30 pm
εатɩɴԍ аωаʏ ℓɩᴋε аɴ аᴅᴅɩстɩоɴ, тʜε аᴅᴅɩст ᴍаᴋεѕ тʜε ᴅεсɩѕɩоɴ - ᴍаᴋεѕ тʜε сноɩсε, тʜε ᴠоɩсε ɩɴ нɩѕ нεаᴅ аℓℓоωѕ нɩᴍ то ғоℓℓоω тʜʀοᴜɢʜ. тεаʀɩɴԍ ʏοᴜ ᴅоωɴ ℓɩᴋε аɴ оᴃѕεѕѕɩоɴ. ℓεаʀɴт аɴʏ ℓεѕѕоɴѕ? оʀ ɩѕ ıт ѕоᴍεтнɩɴɢ аᴃоᴠε ʏοᴜ?
аᴃоᴠε ʏοᴜ...

ı ам ʀıɢʜт ᴃεʜıɴᴅ ʏοᴜ
ı ам ʀıɢʜт. ı ам ʀıɢʜт. ı ам ʀıɢʜт. ı ам ʀıɢʜт.

Guild Announcements saved my life.
hur hur
Seriously. D: It was so ridiculous when I had to go and PM each member individually. Especially when my Guild was larger, it's shrunk since then, but still.
Although, I don't like how I don't know if my members are actually reading the announcements. >>;; Since Gaia chose to make it possible to set profiles to private, I don't even know if half my members have even been online, but that has nothing to do with this topic.

Anywho, I love 'em, and think that they are pretty much fine the way they are and whatnot.
& I agree that Gaia needs to get the Guilds back up to being amazing parts of the site again.
<3

ωʜεɴ ʏοᴜ ѕεε мε,
ı'ℓℓ ʀıɢʜт ᴃεʜıɴᴅ ʏοᴜ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 pm
The guild announcement feature is probably the most awesome thing that has happened to my guild ever. I have used it just to remind people that they are in my guild. razz It makes announcements so much easier and, all of my guildies now know what is going on at all times. Much easier to do now that all the legwork has been taken out.

I also think that if it could be used to target certain members it would have an even greater effect. IE; people with 0 posts so it can be used to welcome people who have just joined. Or, (as seems to be quite common smile those who have been in the guild for quite a while but who have yet to post even once. :/  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:26 am
But now there's a new problem.

I'm starting to get sick of those new "x notices" They keep popping up EVERY DAY. I had already started trying to ignore them. Guess what the Guild Announcements fall under now...

That's right, I had 4 MORE 'notices' today, and clicked on them just to clear the stupid bubble. And barely saw the Guild announcement before navigating away from the MyGaia Page. So now, not only are the guild announcements less noticeable, but If someone does get one, they'll just be annoyed by the notices bubble.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:22 pm
1wolffan
But now there's a new problem.

I'm starting to get sick of those new "x notices" They keep popping up EVERY DAY. I had already started trying to ignore them. Guess what the Guild Announcements fall under now...

That's right, I had 4 MORE 'notices' today, and clicked on them just to clear the stupid bubble. And barely saw the Guild announcement before navigating away from the MyGaia Page. So now, not only are the guild announcements less noticeable, but If someone does get one, they'll just be annoyed by the notices bubble.

I totally agree with this. The new "notice bubble" annoys me so much I don't even check them now....then I find out that Guild Announcements are now lumped in with them. I almost missed a few important Guild Announcements because of this. BTW, I love being able to send the announcements. They have helped my guild out countless times with drawing in members who were gone for a long time.  

venus_starshine

Romantic Prophet

DemonLadySesshomaru

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:19 am
At least Gaia admins are acknowledging that most of the users hate the new My Gaia page- and therefore will be modifying it. I for one can't wait to see it changed back to something that was more user friendly.

As for the announcement system- it works for me. I agree that having to send out individual pm's to my guild members is a pain in the butt. What I would really like to see is the ability to send a pm to multiple people at once- even if they aren't on your friend's list. That has got to be the most ridiculous thing in the pm system- only multiple users in 1 pm IF they are on your friend's list.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:16 pm
i for one am very, VERY suprised that they listened to feedback on the new page so quickly. it makes me happy ^.^  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:37 am
Here's a feedback for ya: PUT IT BACK WHERE IT WAS NOT IN THE NOTICES. stressed  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:17 am
Personally I use my announcements often. Some months and weeks I post more announcements than others. Sometimes I go long periods of time before posting a new announcement.

I'm not exactly sure how to make it better. I have noticed they work well, depending on the announcement. I have used the announcement system to send out "Recruit a Friend" messages, requesting members to suggest people I should invite to our guild. Which has worked well, people have responded to the requests and I have managed to invite and find several new active members.  

Oblat

Eloquent Man-Lover

10,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Oblat

Eloquent Man-Lover

10,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:20 am
DJ Pandurz
Here's a feedback for ya: PUT IT BACK WHERE IT WAS NOT IN THE NOTICES. stressed

I concur with this statement (though not so angry face!) I would like guild announcements to be separate from notices, that way more people may pay attention to them. Though I look at my notices (as I don't get to many to often) but I know many people only click them to make them go away. Or even turn them off. So having guild announcements as they're own separate icon/message would be nice.  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:12 am
Strude: I have no patience for ignorance. It was separate and it was there because it was important. Clans have their own spot for their announcements, and a couple of people in a thread of mine in the site feedback are going to get down to the bottom of it in the ata tonight. Hopefully, we'll get a decent answer and not an answer to show they are avoiding the question. That's what they have been doing.  

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:38 am
I'm with Pandurz on this one.

This isn't an accident, it's a certain developer deciding that she knows better then the amassed GGN captains, crew and members and it's beyond a joke.

Makes me really angry.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces