Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Animal Lovers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all animal lovers and pet owners 

Tags: animal lovers, pets, animals, cats birds dogs fish reptile, official animal lovers guild 

Reply Main Forum
Weird animals? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:27 am
What type is Lucy?
I've never been bitten by a snake other than a little baby milk snake, which doesn't really count in my opinion, but I'm not scared of being bitten.
By anything, for that matter.
lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:21 am
im still slightly afraid of being bitten and i get nipped by 2 of my leos on a daily basis lol  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:53 pm
Awe lol
I'm bitten by birds all the time, which is why I'm used to it xD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:19 pm
Lucy's a female Taiwan Beauty Ratsnake. She comes in at around 6 or 6.5 feet long, and thinks everything is food.

She mistook my hand for food the night we got her (a year ago this month). I haven't handled her since except with a hook and one occasion when I was able to grab her behind the head so she couldn't get me... She had some stuck shed, and bit not only herself, but the towel I was using to remove the stuck shed while I was working on her. She didn't want to let go of the towel, either. xD

Biting still startles me, but I haven't been bit a whole lot. Pretty much, my "bite count" consists of Lucy's aforementioned bite, an irritated tag from Demeter the big corn girl when we got her, and several defensive strikes from feisty little corn snake hatchlings. Oh! And Hansel tagged me while he was still a wee one. Just a 15 or 20 gram hatchling at the time, but he did manage to draw blood. =)

Eek! I can't imagine being bit by a bird... I'm kind of afraid of Zoom, because I'm sure a solid bone beak like that will hurt like HELL if she decides to bite me. xP  

Foofy_Miru

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:34 pm
my conure bites whenever she sees my sister. for some reason being near my sister pisses her off. other than that she is fine. and no, my sister has never done anything to this bird. she even gives her food, water, and treats, but still, that bird wants my sister dead

i still yank my hand back when i get bitten by my geckos. ive only been bitten by a snake once but it didnt hurt. it was back when i still used a feeding tank with ellie and right after feeding her i tried to pick her up to put her back in her tank. she slowly came over to me with her mouth opened and gently closed her mouth on my hand so i just felt the tips of her teeth, then she let go and that was that

though i also still jump whenever she strikes her food. i have to dangle it in front of her because she doesnt seem to grasp the concept that she may be eating dead food. but yeah, i jump, its awsome. i adore feeding her, its hard only feeding her once a week because i enjoy watching it so much. she is my favorite snake to feed. everyone else you just plop in the mouse then they got over to it then just swallow, ellie thinks her food is alive so she will sit there for an hour just "killing" it  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:45 pm
Eek. My mom's dog hates my brother... But she has a reason. That idiot terrorized her constantly for her first year, and, to this day, will go out of his way to drive her nuts.

I've heard lizard bites hurt like hell... A member on a number forum posted a picture of her finger after being bitten by a juvenile gargoyle gecko (actually still had the gecko sitting on her hand in the pic), and it was gushing blood and looked horrible! Not even Lucy's was that bad... You know, once she let go. xD

I still just about get a heart attack when Lucy strikes her food... She was fed live until we got her, so it makes perfect sense that she insists on "killing" everything.. But it still startles me. And Hobbs, the BP, when she DOES want to eat, WILL attack it like it's alive. When she finally broke her 95-day feeding strike (about a week ago--moving this 1700 g snake from her big 40B to a tiny little 41 quart tub in which she's extremely cramped actually convinced her that food is good), she scared the crap out of me... She kept nosing the lid of her tub, before I could even get it open. I was afraid she was going to strike my hand instead of the rat... Then she made such a ruckus taking the rat, she just about spilled her water dish AND shook the entire metal shelving unit. Lol. I've never been so scared of a ball python in my life. (And just a few days before that, Ed the 1200 g BP tried to attack my ear because I moved too close and too quick for his comfort.)  

Foofy_Miru

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:53 pm
yes, gargoyle bites hurt. my old garg was fine when she was a juvie but then she became a looking only pet because i enjoyed just watching her so when she became an adult and i tried to hold her again she would always bite. oh the blood, you could see her teeth really well because she was always showing them off. i miss her though, i love pissy animals.

beardy bites hurt too, but not as much blood as a garg bite, at least for me. but now i only get bitten by my 2 youngest leos and they dont really hurt, it just suprises me. it feels like touching razor blades to your skin without pressing too hard. one is finally growing out of her biting issues but luna, oh my little luna, i dont think ill ever be able to hold her and she was the one i wanted to breed, i got her just for my sister's male but she seems too agressive so i dont think i even want to let her see her future hubby. i always seem to get the aggressive females when it comes to leos. my first leo used to be a biter, whats why i picked her out though, now she is a perfect angel and deals with stress really well  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:28 pm
The biggest bird I've been bitten by is Gabby, my/ my mom's Blue and Gold macaw.
He's an evil dude, but I love him.
But I'd rather be bitten by a large conure than a lovebird.
Tiny beaks hurt worse D<

Sarahmooo
Captain

Foofy_Miru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:28 pm
How bad do bird bites hurt?? I'm terrified of birds, between their beaks and their claws... They make me nervous. Really, really nervous... My dad loves them, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:56 pm
It depends on what kind of a bite you get.
A macaw has the power to break your wrist, but that's very very very rare for a tame bird.
Usually you'll just get a pinch, sometimes draws blood, but they don't usually hold on for long, and it just stings for a minute or two.
The worst I got was Gabby got my index finger, but I only realized it when I went to get my hair out of my eye and there was blood on my forehead.
I was like.."wtf?.." and then I realized lol
I didn't even feel it!

Sarahmooo
Captain

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:47 pm
well with my teil it feels like having tiny stones tossed at my hand

the conure has 2 bites, a small n** for when im doing somehting she doesnt like, and the bite hard and grind her beak into my skin for when im holding her when my sister walks by

im afraid of any birds with bigger beaks than my conure  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:39 am
I'd love to have a zorse.

User Image

Nahymana

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:14 pm
Shanna66
yes, gargoyle bites hurt. my old garg was fine when she was a juvie but then she became a looking only pet because i enjoyed just watching her so when she became an adult and i tried to hold her again she would always bite. oh the blood, you could see her teeth really well because she was always showing them off. i miss her though, i love pissy animals.

beardy bites hurt too, but not as much blood as a garg bite, at least for me. but now i only get bitten by my 2 youngest leos and they dont really hurt, it just suprises me. it feels like touching razor blades to your skin without pressing too hard. one is finally growing out of her biting issues but luna, oh my little luna, i dont think ill ever be able to hold her and she was the one i wanted to breed, i got her just for my sister's male but she seems too agressive so i dont think i even want to let her see her future hubby. i always seem to get the aggressive females when it comes to leos. my first leo used to be a biter, whats why i picked her out though, now she is a perfect angel and deals with stress really well

Out of all the herps I've been bit by, I have to say my ig is the worst. He's only bitten me three times in his life, but you can tell that the first was an accident. The first one barely bled at all but the others were horrible.
I think it's hilarious when the leos bite me though. They feel like rubbing your finger on sandpaper.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:41 pm
Radioactive Condoms
Shanna66

Out of all the herps I've been bit by, I have to say my ig is the worst. He's only bitten me three times in his life, but you can tell that the first was an accident. The first one barely bled at all but the others were horrible.
I think it's hilarious when the leos bite me though. They feel like rubbing your finger on sandpaper.

have you gotten bitten by your new guys then?  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:33 am
Shanna66
Radioactive Condoms
Shanna66

have you gotten bitten by your new guys then?

The leos? Only by the female, the male's too much of a sweetheart for that lol  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff