Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
Ravenclaw Common Room Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:06 pm
Lyra enters the common room. She goes up the stairs to her dormitory and puts all her books on her bed. Picking up a different book (a novel) off the table next to her bed, she runs back down. "I'm off to go have some lunch before my next class. Anyone care to join me?" Lyra asks the nearly empty room. She waits for a second and then heads down to the Great Hall.

[[Where is everyone? I know Sam is gone for an unknown amount of time, but where's everyone else? And what about Alutian? I haven't seen her around since she disappeared during the last event.]]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:19 pm
[[I joined a lot of roleplays and guilds with crazy posting criteria. I feel ashamed of myself.... I'm serious. One guild said to post at least 5 times a week]]  

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

Jatar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:32 pm
((Real life...it is killing me... xp ))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:40 pm
Well thank you for at least posting here to say why you haven't been around much. biggrin At least then I know you're just busy and don't keep wondering why everyone has simply disappeared. Hopefully we'll still see you around a bit.  

Lyra Elizabeth

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:21 am
So for those of you who haven't heard, a subforum is being created for graduates. In this subforum, there will be residential areas that the grads will live in, one for each Hogwarts house. We are coming up with names for the RA's (Residental Areas), and need your opinions.
So far, the only name that has been suggested for Ravenclaw's Residential Area is "Raven's Glen". This is a mix of the house name and the sorting hat song that says "fair Ravenclaw from glen". Any other ideas?

Personally, I like using Glen as it is in the sorting hat's song. And I like that the word Raven is part of the house name. But my only issue with it is that the house symbol is an eagle, not a raven. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:29 am
Hello, everyone smile I just got sorted into ravenclaw so I'm a first year in Hogwarts. Nice to meet you all. I hope to meet new friends for this coming spring term.  

xbrightstar

Jatar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:38 pm
Lyra: I kind of like the sound of Raven's Glen. I know that the symbol is an eagle, but I've always liked the word raven, so I'm kind of biased. mrgreen I think having raven instead of something like Eagle's Glen would be more recognizable...then again, everyone here is HP fans, so they would definitely get it (rather than those people I know who know nothing about HP...). I dunno.

Preciouskhmergirl: Welcome to Ravenclaw! Hopefully we will be able to be more active this term...I, unfortunately, have been uber busy with RL cry , but things are starting to loosen up so I will hopefully be on more often!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:52 pm
Yep, I agree with Jatar on this one. The sound of Raven's Glen just seems... well, a little better than Eagle's Glen if you ask me.

And also, welcome to Ravenclaw Preciouskhmergirl! Or, welcome to the smartest and awesomest house in the Harry Potter world!

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

xbrightstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:35 pm
Thank you all for the welcome smile Just call me Tary.lol. I hope everyone will be active this term I myself is busy with real life as well, but I will try and post more here. I hope we will win the house cup this coming term.I agree Ravenclaw the smartest and the awesomest house in the hp world ^__^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:06 pm
Lyra's got the name debate well in hand, so it would be redundant for me to make an announcement of any kind.
So I'll put in another (rather pathetic) option: Eagle's Eyrie.
I'm just a little desperate to keep 'Eagle' in there if only because of how common the misconception of our house mascot is...no thanks to the movies, really.

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:15 am
Alutian: *glomp* Haven't seen you in ages! I was worried you'd gone missing.

I actually really like the idea Eagle's Eyrie. Jatar's idea of Eagle's Glen isn't bad either. Icee had a couple other ideas too: Fair Eagle, Eagle's Nest, and Bronze Glen.
My favorite is now Eagle's Eyrie I think. Though Eagle Glen is close.

Tary: Welcome to Ravenclaw! It's great to see a new face around here. And you seem to have coaxed a few of the others out of the woodwork too; good going!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:46 am
So if I made a poll right now, the options would be as follows:

Raven's Glen
Eagle's Glen
Eagle's Eyrie
Fair Eagle
Eagle's Nest
Bronze Glen

Now the question is this: will there be enough people voting to actually get results?

*glomped* I know, and I'm sorry. I don't really have much of an excuse, but there is something of an explanation. Have you ever discovered a new something - a book, a movie, a new fandom in general - and become so obsessed/smitten with it that it practically excludes all else?
Yeah. That's pretty much what happened to me.

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

ParkerLeBou-Howlett

Dangerous Lover

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:13 am
Eagles Glen is wicked, I love that name^^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:51 am
Thanks Lyra for the welcome. I'll vote I like Eagle's glen.love the sound of that name. whee  

xbrightstar

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:39 pm
We now have an official poll, so if you could pick your favorite name out there, that'd be great.
smile

Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces