Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:23 pm
Figure I should put an update to keep me on track.

I've managed to fit 5 meals into each day. Most are under 200 calories (max of about 170) except for dinner seeing as most of the stuff dad buys is about 390 calories. Still, it evens out to be under 1500 calories a day. I do lunges, sit up/crunches, squats, and whatever else on the Boflex I can fit into about half an hour each night except Sundays. I get extra work on PE days do that helps if we aren't doing the salsa (I got thrown into the dance class.....oh boy).

I started last Thursday and so far I've lost about 6 lbs. I was pretty surprised actually and I plan to ask my doctor if there's anything else I can do to boost my metabolism when I go for my yearly physical.

I need to remember that I can't skip working out this Sunday seeing as my boyfriend chose to go to a "Chinese" restaurant for his birthday and, of course, he's dragging me along. I swear that kid will be the death of me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:14 am
Suicide Skittle
SakuraRico
actually, you already have a good plan set up, and I know you can do it.

My first dream cosplay that's actually affordable (By that I mean hopefully less than 200 dollars) is Testament from Guilt Gear, and he's skinny like I used to be. But I'm not skinny anymore! I went from 120 to 180 in the time I have been in Puerto Rico! I want to get back down to at least 130 pounds and then I'll have the body I need. Problem is, I'm taking bakery classes, and staying away from those sweets is just too hard >.< Plus, i'm not doing any exercise, as I lead a lazy, sedentary life...

DAMN ME!!!! LESS SWEETS AND MORE EXERCISE!!! >.<

I'll post when I plan on starting working for the cosplay ^^

Dayuhmm~ He's got some abs D;
Are you going to work on toning up as well or are you going to focus on just getting the weight right??

Oh that Puerto Rican food. xD (I really don't know anything of the food >.>;; )

OH goodness.. My 'dream' job is probably a baker or a cake decorator or something! That's so cool! However, I see your point. I have enough issues staying away from subway cookies, I would probably die in a bakery.

:3
I hope to hear from you when you have your plan all worked out and are committed to getting in shape. <33

I'll try toning up as well, but just enough to mark my belly. I don't wanna get a 4/6 pack because I don't like them, AND Testament is not THAT built XD

Yes, Puertorrican food is like... some of the fattiest food I know gonk

If I get the money and the materials for the cosplay, maybe, just maybe for the second Kaisen of next year, which should be around november or december ^^  

SakuraRico

amanogawatea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Maybe I've posted here, maybe I havent...
But I need to loose weight mainly on my belly.
If I loose it there, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to loose it everywhere else gradually.
I always over eat. And it's so hard to stop! I have the biggest sweet tooth ever....
I need successful exercises. Simple exercises, but they work well. And motivation, what do you all say to stay on task for your diet?
I would be so greatful!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 am
Oh-ho-ho.

Alright, well...
I'm about 5'5, 140lbs or so, and I would really like to drop down to about 125 or so just for general health more than cosplay, though I would like to do some of Nami's more... Showish costumes...

I am horrible at keeping on task for working out, I had a gym membership, but have no time to actually attend it, so we got rid of that. I'm lazy, and I eat fast food almost daily. I am a diabetic.

My current plan?
I'm going to try and cut back the fast food, for one. [The... 5 (total) 1/2 pound cheesy beef/potato burrito's I had today cannot be healthy...]
I'm going to see if I can go for runs now that school is out.
Maybe do some jumping jacks every day?

Otherwise, I'm lost as to where to start. D:

Roman Mercy

Eloquent Seeker

9,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:41 pm
I promise I won't eat too many sweets in the next few days because of the holidays. -_-

But I finally actually checked the scale after so long(I was afraid to get on it for fear of what I'd see) and I actually weigh less then the last time I checked it....which was like 5 months ago. XD I've lost about 20 pounds since then so even if I haven't lost much right now I know I'm heading in the right direction.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:01 pm
Well one show that will definitely help with getting in shape is the Doctors show. And to keep a good healthy diet. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. I personally need to gain wait. But to try and help, don't try to finish your plate of food, if you're full, you're full. Don't force yourself to finish your plate if your are feeling stuffed. Also, don't go to fast food places too much, try to make your own healthy food. Hope this helps anyone.  

KawaiiAngelNekoRose

xXMakorikXx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:04 pm
Well i don't know where to start. but i lieked the format of Salsababy's post so imma use it~

Height: 5'7.5''
Weight: 140lbs
Weight to Lose: -20lbs
Next 'Major' Con: Anime Expo 2010
Time till Then: about 6 Months
Weight/Time Ratio: about 3 or 4 lbs a month

Cosplaying for me began last year and i have indeed lost weight.
Ever since my surgery 4 years ago i gained about 30 lbs and its hard to get rid of. i still haven't lost it all. i used to weight 150 lbs. but i do gain extra pounds here and there and it shoots me in the head. i am EXTREMELY self-conscious about myself. with the fact that i hang out with people skinnier than me.[damn asians]. and it makes me feel liek i wanna die because i'm the biggest in the group. but lately i've been doing well with my weight~

Asians...they are the true motivation. when i compare myself with others[which is what i do all the time x(....] i slow down on what i eat.

-Breakfast is the main key though. it starts your metabolism so no matter what, i eat breakfast. usually i have two plain eggo waffles and then i run out of the house for school.
-For lunch i have one healthy thing and one main thing, liek a ssandwhich, carrots and water. every other two days i just don't eat lunch. i know its not the best thing but its what I do.
-And for Dinner i eat the sides. especially lately my parents have been bringing home steak. so i take 3 bites of the steak then i eat my veggies and my salad and i have a couple glasses of water.

The best way to eat [in my opinion] is to drink water between every other bite of food or so. it helps a lot. the stomach is then balanced with food and water and not all on food. you fill up better. but if you can't do that, just try eating a little less. pass up those extra mashed potatoes. BTW BUTTER FLAKES ARE GENIUS!!!!! they look like Parmesan Cheese( you know like what they put on salads or pizza). when you pour them on your potato they start to melt! :] GENIUS, PLUS its zero calories and zero fat. if interested you should try them, they're amazing!

EVERY NIGHT, i do my stretches. i make sure that my body is flexible and can flow. i do crunches for one tv show. so if i'm watching ghost hunters international i do crunches during the show and i take a break on commercials. then i do my age of push ups. since im 16, i do 16 push-ups. i still am not good at doing push-ups so 16 is fine for me xD

also pass up junk food. it helps when your parent have finally gotten addicted to Trader Joe's. organic foods, and i love my leaffy greens, and more wholesome foods. its a great way to live. YAY HEALTHY FOOD!
but i have indeed noticed. that when i eat junk food, i am more moody. i don't want to do anything, my body doesn't function well, i gain more weight and my school work motivation goes down.

Problems:
i skip out on eating. its not the best idea. your body doesn't get enough energy to keep your metabolism going so you gain weight. indeed. when you don't eat you lose weight. but its the worse kind of lose weight. you lose the good parts in your body, so i don't advise that you don't eat.

Pills.. i was addicted to weight pills. you know until i ran out, went through some body malfunctions, and lost motivation. thats all i could think about. did i take my pills? if i didn't remember taking them i take two more than i would normally. once i ran out [i couldn't tell my parents to go buy more pills] my body was messed up for a while. and had to get back to it normal functioning process. but once it all flushed out of my body i got better and felt happier. exercise and eating right and less is the better way to go.

SO~ i still have aways to go but all in good time

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:27 pm
Just thought I'd make a suggestion for those who don't want to cut all the sweets out of their diet but still want something healthy.

Take two full graham crackers and two tablespoons or Cool Whip. Put the Cool Whip in between the crackers then let it freeze for a few minutes.

I use Honey Maid crackers so they're only about 140 calories a serving, and 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip is about 50 calories. The whole thing is about 190 calories (if you didn't want to do the math) and is actually pretty good. Sweet but not too sweet.

Just thought I'd share seeing as my mom just told me about it. Helps people (like me) who really like ice cream.

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200

Suicide Skittle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:35 pm
Kay so this is my weekly update. I've lost about 4lbs. Which... is okay I guess. But I feel dumb because my diet is not the best, I can't get myself to eat five times a day, and then I usually eat once or maybe twice but it's way more than 300 calories. I've been pretty good about going to the gym though...

Busy busy busy D;<<

My goals this week.
KEEP WORKING OUT
Don't eat too many bad things ((It is the holidays and there are going to be so many types of food... I'll probably just have to be really strict on my diet before and after christmas day so that I can eat whatever on Christmas))
Uhmm... see about getting a gym membership in the town I'm moving to soon. D;
Goal Weight By Next Saturday: 180  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:36 pm
Starting something just in time for the holidays won't be the best for me (I'm very weak-willed), but I'm going to try.

I'm going to try to get rid of excess belly fat, like riiiight in the front, (For Kagamine Rin) and thigh fat (For the Will of the Abyss). This is also so that I can feel better about myself.

I'm going to:
-Bike more often (have to pump air into the tires)
-Rollerblade more often (find them)
-Successfully do sit ups and crunches (I really can't)
-Cut way down on sweets (ever since I cosplayed as Yachiru, my sweet tooth has been soooo big. Except now... I can't drink peppermint mochas. Too sweet. DX
-Don't over eat. (Ironic considering my name...) I recently went to a ramen shop with two of my close friends and neither of them finished theirs (one of them was a guy) and I did... I also try to keep up with my boyfriend (who used to eat a lot because he was always hungry) because I didn't want him to think I was lying when I said I wasn't hungry and now he eats less and I eat more than him!
- Choose healthier meals. Fries are great, but I need to eat healthier things when out and about.
- Drink less soda. My mom loves it (It's pretty much all she drinks) so we always have some at home. I'm now addicted to it but I bought a water filter, so now I'll actually drink water.
- Drink less starbucks coffee. I think this is really where I'm going wrong. I used to get it twice a day when I went to work. (5 or 4 days a week) Now now I get it less, but still quite frequently. (Without getting it "Skinnyified")

I'm really self-conscious about going to the gym. I only have 2 times in my life, so I'm going to be trying other things as well as building up confidence to go to the gym because I don't know any friends who do.

Height: 5"3'
Weight: 105 lbs

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100

PegLegPony

1,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:16 am
I LOVE the idea of this thread! love it so much that I actually read every page (not like that is a feat but you know...) anyways everyone sounds like they are actually trying and succeeding with their goals!

I tried to get in shape once, I wasted 4000 dollars on a personal trainer and I got nothing. Thats mostly because I never went buutttt... <.<;;
All that money wasted.. I could have had a new computer instead D=

Thats my number one tip for anyone out there, do not go the gym route. Maybe if one is super close by your house, I would try that, or if there is one right on campus, but otherwise don't waste your moneys (save that for your cosplays =3) You can find awesome workouts even just on youtube or looking up on google. If you have a laptop, buy yourself a yoga mat put your laptop on the floor and follow along with an exercise clip/workout. Or wake up super early because they have them on tv too =P

I am also on a healthy eating plan. Mine focuses mostly on eating proper meals (not snacking all day) and when I do snack eating my fruits and veggies. I don't follow meal plans very well so I'm trying to focus on getting important nutrients into my body and finding foods that will help me do that... which is a pain in the a** because I don't drive (it scares me) and grocery stores are inconviently far.

My new years resolution that me and my best bud have is;
No junk unless its a special occassion or holiday.
Exercise 3 times a week together.

My Goal is to tone up and just get healthy.

Hieght 5'1
Wieght 112 lbs
Last time I check my heart rate when working out was 170 (scary bad)
and I entire body fat is a little more than 30%  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:54 am
PegLegPony

My new years resolution that me and my best bud have is;
No junk unless its a special occassion or holiday.
Exercise 3 times a week together.

My Goal is to tone up and just get healthy.

Thats a good idea, to make a goal for New Years, i totally forgot about that~ ima use this as a goal~ x]  

xXMakorikXx

Synthetic Air

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:11 am
I'm just toning a bit, 'cause I have to show about 5 inches of mah belly for my Sai cosplay. And shiny skin-tight ninjer pants because Sai's weird that way.
I'm not chubby or anything, it's more of a I think it'd look better.
And I show some belly for Riku, too.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:33 am
*pokes stomach* i need to do more abdominal workout. Otherwise i consider myself in shape.  

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Cascantelee

Desirable Gekko

9,915 Points
  • Married 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:50 am
I'm 5' 8"/9" ish and I weigh about 210. (ho shi- That looks bad writing it out) And I kinda want to get into a health shape for cosplaying. So far my plan is:
Cut out soda.
Cut out anything but black coffee
Maybe go on a 10 minute walk 4 times a week
Sit ups whenever I remember...

And thats it.. XD

Oh, and vitamins.

Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers