Reply Adult Furries Guild
furry snes games Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atlaas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:39 pm
You have obviously missed out on some very good animated movies.
Next you'll tell me you've never seen Cats Don't Dance. gonk
You're probably older than I am.

The Winner Takes it All, and S.O.S are totally my favourite ABBA songs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:45 pm
Atlaas
Next you'll tell me you've never seen Cats Don't Dance. gonk
You're probably older than I am.

I haven't seen that either actually. razz
As far as Disney goes, I probably haven't seen anything since Pocahontas, and my parents took me to that one even though I wasn't really interested in it. I haven't seen Lion King (I don't recall anyway...), or really anything made lately.

...I did see part of "Our Friend The Atom" for a class. I also remember seeing something with Ronald Reagan in it when Disney Land first opened, but that was on PBS if I remember right.

So yes! I miss out on a lot of things. 3nodding  

Garek Maxwell

Atlaas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:54 pm
You're not missing out, the second Lion King was way better than the first one.
But I bet you haven't seen that either.
Hunchback of Notre Dame is my favourite Disney movie.

Also, Cats Don't Dance wasn't Disney, it was Turner Animation, but I can see why you wouldn't know that.

I'm huge on movies, and animated ones are some of my favourites.
I don't keep up on this new stuff though.
Up and Wall-E were pretty good, and I really want to see the Princess and the Frog, but that's about it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:05 am
We're pretty much in territory I know nothing about, so all I can say is that I'm glad you enjoy them and hopefully there will be more good movies in the future for you and everyone else to enjoy. 3nodding  

Garek Maxwell

Atlaas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:12 am
Oh, but you don't want me to teach it to you with paragraphs upon paragraphs of irrelevant nonsense? rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:37 am
Atlaas
Oh, but you don't want me to teach it to you with paragraphs upon paragraphs of irrelevant nonsense? rolleyes

You're right, I forgot. I should apologize for insinuating you're not the database of information you've worked so hard to be. I should just skip wikipedia and just assume you know everything! Rather than play it safe and assume you may not know about a subject not too old and not too new but rather obscure either way, I'll just play it safe and assume you know about anything no matter what, neither obscure nor fantasy alludes you!

You really probably do know everything, because you got so angry at me assuming you may not know one thing... Why, you're really more a modern major general!

You've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
You know the kings of England, and you quote the fights historical
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;
You're very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical,
You understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
About binomial theorem you're teeming with a lot o' news,
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.
You're very good at integral and differential calculus;
You know the scientific names of beings animalculous:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
You are the very model of a modern Major-General.

You know the mythic history, King Arthur's and Sir Caradoc's;
You answer hard acrostics, You've a pretty taste for paradox,
You quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus,
In conics you can floor peculiarities parabolous;
You can tell undoubted Raphaels from Gerard Dows and Zoffanies,
You know the croaking chorus from The Frogs of Aristophanes!
Then you can hum a fugue of which you've heard the music's din afore,
And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore.
Then you can write a washing bill in Babylonic cuneiform,
And tell us ev'ry detail of Caractacus's uniform:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
You are the very model of a modern Major-General.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major-General's_Song

heart  

Garek Maxwell

Atlaas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:58 am
You totally missed my point before.
I thought you seemed like quite the know-it-all.
And it seemed like you assumed everyone else knew nothing.

I don't know everything!
But I also don't like to be treated like I'm stupid. wink

And I'm really more the very model of a cartoon individual.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:12 am
Atlaas
You totally missed my point before.
I thought you seemed like quite the know-it-all.
And it seemed like you assumed everyone else knew nothing.

I don't know everything!
But I also don't like to be treated like I'm stupid. wink

Maybe I should have just broke it down from the begining.

I would have been surprised if you know about something obscure. This goes for everyone else here too. In fact, the only place I wouldn't be surprised would be in particular specialty forums. The furry fandom is far too diverse to just assume that in one forum out of probably thousands, on this website of all places, that someone, anyone, would know about this obscure subject. The odds are incredibly stacked against you or anyone else here knowing about the subject.

Additionally, when people talk of old games they often refer to games from the 80s and early 90s. When people think back to the great games of the 90s, they go to the SNES, Genesis, and even PlayStation. When considering the PC, it's either adventure games or games like Diablo and Starcraft. How many actually come up with memorable games like Night Trap? Phantasmagoria? Better yet, Terror TRAX? I bet very few people even know what the hell those titles are for.

So if you not knowing about such obscure things makes you an idiot, then I really don't what to say other than your standards for intelligence are out of whack, At.

I know I certainly don't assume you're dumb. I never did from the beginning. I certainly think now that you're easy to piss off over things that don't matter though. razz Still not stupid though, and that certainly wasn't the intent of my statement. I really only meant to explain what I was talking about not only to you, but to anyone else who was reading it. (Prometheus mostly) If you knew already, the hurray. If not, then now you know! It wasn't an attack at all.  

Garek Maxwell

Atlaas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:32 am
I go in the opposite direction in that I assume since this is the internet, that the people on here are actually using all the knowledge available to them.
Though I am usually proven wrong.

But what about those gosh darned 70s and their magnavox nonsense.
Now that's old!
And when I think of old games, I think of like, Oregon Trail, and Shadowgate.
But those didn't fit the thread theme.

I don't mean just what you've said to me, I see your other posts, it's a whole lot of explaining stuff to everyone.
You never pissed me off at all.
It was more like, "Ohyay, this guy sure thinks he's a genius. :/ "
But I suppose you're not all that bad after all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 am
Atlaas
I don't mean just what you've said to me, I see your other posts, it's a whole lot of explaining stuff to everyone.
You never pissed me off at all.
It was more like, "Ohyay, this guy sure thinks he's a genius. :/ "
But I suppose you're not all that bad after all.

I can assure you that I'm probably one of the dumbest people around here. razz I just find out random things and think they're cool and try to pass it on to other people. That, and I found that linking to and explaining things when I think someone may not know about the subject can (and probably most of the time does) make things a lot easier.

Now if you're just talking about certain posts I made related to society, then that's mostly just my opinion and I know I come off as a know it all. I'm just very critical of society as a whole and often have very biting things to say about US culture...and...somewhat on what I see as a much larger "global culture" emerging that doesn't seem as positive to me as others may see it. Still, not an expert and I'd actually like to have someone "prove me wrong" so to speak on something pretty intangible virtually unstudyable...which isn't a word, but I still think it fits.

Anyway, that's all I'm really going to say.
I didn't mean to insult (well, initially...you did piss me off too. razz ), and I'm sorry if I came off that way.  

Garek Maxwell

Atlaas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:51 am
You can't get two know-it-alls in the same area, and expect them to get along. razz

I'm Canadian, so I don't quite get the right to b***h about American culture.
But I do damn well b***h about american tourists.
That totally counts.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:18 pm
Bloody Roar for the Playstation was fantastical. Also, there is a werewolf in Killer instinct... wait I think that was N64... Nevermind. sweatdrop

MemoriesThatKill

Noninimicus

5,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:28 am
Garek Maxwell and Atlaas, please get your own thread. You've been bickering like little girls on this one for long enough. Jeez.

Anyway, Secret of Evermore isn't much (or at all) about furries, but your character's dog changes for each time period. Entertaining, though not all too relevant. Then again, it's far more so than some I could mention.

Oh, and does liking SNES and PS3 make me a freak? XP You guys suck. It's not like the two are mutually exclusive. Get over it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:02 am
MemoriesThatKill
Bloody Roar for the Playstation was fantastical. Also, there is a werewolf in Killer instinct... wait I think that was N64... Nevermind. sweatdrop
actually killer instinct was also on the SNES.  

xXxZeh_Emo_FluffersxXx

2,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Atlaas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:34 am
Noninimicus
Garek Maxwell and Atlaas, please get your own thread. You've been bickering like little girls on this one for long enough. Jeez.

Anyway, Secret of Evermore isn't much (or at all) about furries, but your character's dog changes for each time period. Entertaining, though not all too relevant. Then again, it's far more so than some I could mention.

Oh, and does liking SNES and PS3 make me a freak? XP You guys suck. It's not like the two are mutually exclusive. Get over it.
Happened like, 5 days ago.
So sure, we'll get one when it's not relevant anymore.

And the argument wasn't people who play new consoles.
It was people who play new consoles without any knowledge of older ones.

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff