Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hip Hop's HaveN

Back to Guilds

A Place To Meet New People And Talk About Hip-Hop 

Tags: rap music, hip hop, r&b music, swagg, triphop 

Reply General Discussion
I Prefer Girls With A Lighter Skin Tone Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lil_Toymachinegirl
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 pm
Tsukira
k3ki-x
i get it all the time.
im mixed with a lot of stuff

black irish dominican and puerto rican

my bf calls me a blirish dominirican

he is puerto rican and dominican

but he is full blooded spanish

i look black when people look at me and i dont even have mixed kid hair.not curly and kinky like my moms(black and irish) but thick and nappy like my grandma.(black)

plus my sisters all look black too bcuz our father is dominican and boricua.
but dark coloring in the gene pool is a dominant trait.

i considered a redbone though... xD

I had a feeling you had some type of Spanish in you.
It's your facial structure.
But not all mixed kids have mix hair.
But I never understood that term redbone?
Why do people use that for light skin people?

yeah me neither.... stare
i guess for people who are insecure  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:28 pm
Lil_Toymachinegirl
Tsukira
k3ki-x
i get it all the time.
im mixed with a lot of stuff

black irish dominican and puerto rican

my bf calls me a blirish dominirican

he is puerto rican and dominican

but he is full blooded spanish

i look black when people look at me and i dont even have mixed kid hair.not curly and kinky like my moms(black and irish) but thick and nappy like my grandma.(black)

plus my sisters all look black too bcuz our father is dominican and boricua.
but dark coloring in the gene pool is a dominant trait.

i considered a redbone though... xD

I had a feeling you had some type of Spanish in you.
It's your facial structure.
But not all mixed kids have mix hair.
But I never understood that term redbone?
Why do people use that for light skin people?

yeah me neither.... stare
i guess for people who are insecure

One of my friends, who is light skinned, gets mad whenever a guy calls her redbone.
She went off on one guy before.
It was pretty funny.

Tsukira
Vice Captain

Nymphoseed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:18 pm
Tsukira
Young Piece
wow, im sorry for u. i don't like girls with a darker tan either sweatdrop

Sucks to know that you limit yourself.

I wouldn't really call it limiting. More like preferences. Very few guys are into every kind of girl. I personally don't find most white chicks/ native americans attractive. I really don't think i'm "limiting myself"

Also calling us redbone or"high yellow" is equivalent to mutt; It's derogatory. You might as well say "half ******" xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:24 pm
Nymphoseed
Tsukira
Young Piece

I wouldn't really call it limiting. More like preferences. Very few guys are into every kind of girl. I personally don't find most white chicks/ native americans attractive. I really don't think i'm "limiting myself"

Also calling us redbone or"high yellow" is equivalent to mutt; It's derogatory. You might as well say "half ******" xp

Ah, okay.
But I guess limiting was not the word I was looking for.
But to be honest, his post irritated me, so I was annoyed when I wrote that.
I know it's preference and all but I know it's bothersome to hear for most people.

You find someone attractive, but they do not feel the same way about you because of your skin tone, your height, your hair, etc.

Tsukira
Vice Captain

wambat182

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:23 am
the samething can be said about anything really. You could like a guy and he might not be into you because you're not athletic or you're not confident.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:24 am
Tsukira
Nymphoseed
Tsukira
Young Piece

Ah, okay.
I know it's preference and all but I know it's bothersome to hear for most people.

You find someone attractive, but they do not feel the same way about you because of your skin tone, your height, your hair, etc.

Well to me it's like how some girls only guy for tall length guys while others only go for stocky, jacked guys. Or how some girls only like curly haired guys. Race is just such a sensitive topic that I think it's seen to be worse than it should. He could have worded what he said better though. xp  

Nymphoseed

Tsukira
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:50 am
Nymphoseed
Tsukira
Nymphoseed
Tsukira
Young Piece

Ah, okay.

Well to me it's like how some girls only guy for tall length guys while others only go for stocky, jacked guys. Or how some girls only like curly haired guys. Race is just such a sensitive topic that I think it's seen to be worse than it should. He could have worded what he said better though. xp

I don't know.
I guess him saying, 'I'm sorry for you.'
Then mentioning that he doesn't like dark tan girls neither just made it worst.
He could have just said what MC Relevant said and say that he also prefers girls with a lighter skin tone, but the way I worded it in my head and the tone to it seemed like it was a laugh and slap to my face.

Most likely I am looking too into it.
But yeah, it does go both way for guys and girls.

Race will always be a touchy topic, no matter what year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:07 am
Tsukira
Nymphoseed
Tsukira
Nymphoseed
Tsukira
Young Piece

Ah, okay.

I don't know.
He could have just said what MC Relevant said and say that he also prefers girls with a lighter skin tone, but the way I worded it in my head and the tone to it seemed like it was a laugh and slap to my face.

No I get what you are saying it's almost like he's admitting that it's a bad thing to be dark. I honestly am not even that dark and that sort of rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think he meant intentional harm by it though.  

Nymphoseed

wambat182

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:11 am
I'm sorry for him. I don't know many girls who like guys with a handicap either  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:17 am
ITT: Racial Harmony  

Nymphoseed

x-MangoIceeT

5,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:08 pm
i dont mind it at all actually.
my fam gave me da nickname redd when i was younger.
so i kinda just ran with it.
never cared cuz its just a nickname.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Nymphoseed
Tsukira
Nymphoseed
Tsukira
Nymphoseed

Ah, okay.

I don't know.

No I get what you are saying it's almost like he's admitting that it's a bad thing to be dark. I honestly am not even that dark and that sort of rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think he meant intentional harm by it though.

I hope so.  

Tsukira
Vice Captain

Gouki Zusaki
Crew

7,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:18 am
What about light-skinned boys, and girls views on that?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:07 pm
Gouki Zusaki
Are you talking about how similar the two situations are to one another? From what I and my fam have experienced, it's VERY similar.  

Nymphoseed

Gouki Zusaki
Crew

7,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:21 pm
Nymphoseed
Gouki Zusaki
Are you talking about how similar the two situations are to one another? From what I and my fam have experienced, it's VERY similar.
I think it is too. Women around my area (Delaware right now) usually like the Dark-Skinned dudes better. So I dont really get that much play over here.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff