Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
Hetalia licensed by Funimation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jennisora

5,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:29 pm
I am excited for the dub to come out, but i am worried about the english voices. You just can't beat the japanese.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:02 pm
Well, I'm so going to buy it and make sure it gets played next year in World History class but, overall, I won't ever watch it in English. Unless it goes against the 89.34% mark that fails, you can never beat the jap subs.  

Ambrose Leto

7,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250

Dark_Passion_Poet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:59 pm
My AP Euro teacher asked me today why I know so much about eastern europe.
my answer was "well, i read a lot and i pay attention in class... and i watch a political/historical satire anime."
After explaining the basic outline, he then asked if it was on DVD and if he could use it for a study tool for the other students XD when it comes out in english, i am showing him lolz XDDDDDDDD
HUGH LAURIE FOR ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!
RICHARD IAN COX FOR PRUSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd like to see whoever voiced Alphonse Elric in the english dub do Russia, but in a more evil than innocent way.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:25 am
Dark_Passion_Poet

I'd like to see whoever voiced Alphonse Elric in the english dub do Russia, but in a more evil than innocent way.

That guy was a kid when they dubbed FMA, and you can tell his voice changed (or started to) when they dubbed the movie... I doubt he'll be able to do that again.  

imacashew

NosferatuGirl

14,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:20 am
Am I the only one so not looking forward to this? I mean, Funimation, like 4Kids, ruins everything they touch. I have a feeling that the English version of Hetalia is going to make me want to throw something across a room. They've done so very few good things. Why, Funimation, why?! crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:50 am
Actually, Funimation does some of the better dubs compared to other companies.

And I wouldn't go as far as saying they're worse than 4kids. At least Funimation doesn't edit out anything having to do with girls' exposed legs, religion, or riceballs. XD

It's pretty difficult to be able to top the original, but I think they've still got the potential to do it justice, and I hope they do.  

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Polyurethane

Man-Hungry Hunter

7,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:50 am
Paris is sunnier than London! Carmen likes paella more than pasta!~ The Queen of Spades is a fickle person!~

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=76289

User Image

It's no use worrying about it! Que sera sera, sera sera!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:47 am
MiaIkumis#1Fan

what in gods name are you smoking, did you even watch OHSHC done by Funimation!!!  

OneWeekRainisu

Barton Phantom

11,650 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pet Lover 100

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:11 am
OneWeekRainisu
MiaIkumis#1Fan

what in gods name are you smoking, did you even watch OHSHC done by Funimation!!!
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Did you watch Black Lagoon or Shikabane Hime?? They freaking rocked them and they didn't do horrible on OHSHC. Most people I know just refuse to forgive them for what they did with DBZ years and years ago.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:52 pm
n0morenice
OneWeekRainisu
MiaIkumis#1Fan

User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Did you watch Black Lagoon or Shikabane Hime?? They freaking rocked them and they didn't do horrible on OHSHC. Most people I know just refuse to forgive them for what they did with DBZ years and years ago.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

DBZ turned out okay.  

Das miesterfurherjunge

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:51 pm
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
@Das miesterfurherjunge~ No it didn't really. Not if you know the original.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:37 pm
I am personally not a Funimation fan, especially after OHSHC. I also am really not excited about the dub... I am fearing for the future. Like I'm not really one to base my hobbies around other people's opinions, but I really don't appreciate it when I can't enjoy it in the open without being harassed about it all the time. (Like now if I do anything Naruto related. I admit I like Naruto. D< ) So yeah, when it's dubbed there's a greater likely hood of that happening. I'm kind of surprised they actually are going to dub it though... I figured it'd be to offensive for us Americans.

As a sidenote, much as I am not pleased with Funimation, there are NO WAY worse than 4Kids. Nobody can beat 4Kids in destroying anime! See Shaman King, One Piece, Pokémon, and worst of all Tokyo Mew Mew (or should I say Mew Mew Power?) for details. At least Funimation tries.  

TurtIe Tracks

ColorfullyDarkCrayons

Dapper Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:52 pm
I'm okay with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm
OneWeekRainisu

Pardon, but what are you smoking? I honestly thought Ouran wasn't that bad. Yeah, the last thing we anime "purists" want is an English-speaking dubbing company to "ruin" our series.

But, seriously, people who are freaking out about them screwing it up, just give Funimation a chance. If it was Viz or 4Kids, we would be in a worse situation. Those two are probably 10x worse.

Plus, if you are SO WORRIED about the Japanese audio, you can just watch it in that when you buy the DVD, you can do that, btw. All anime has that now...  

imacashew

Das miesterfurherjunge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:55 pm
n0morenice
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
@Das miesterfurherjunge~ No it didn't really. Not if you know the original.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Meh I was a wee little one back in the good ol' days of DB. It was lovely to my prepubesant eyes.  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff