Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 09. Chatterbox [Lounge]
Valentines day, love or hate? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valentines Day?
  Love it!
  Blarg, I hate it.
  Doesn't matter to me..
View Results

Miss Gaytastic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:56 pm
back in school I hated V day, because so many people would have flowers send to them during class ... but I never did. Not once. My friend sent me a pity rose once, but thats it.

After school I realised people only did it for the attention, so it didnt bother me too much.

ive only ever recived one Valentines day gift. (in 2006 my HORRIBLE bf of the time gave me a MEXICAN WALKING FISH) sigh.

But I have a feeling this valentines day will be lovely.
First V day with my amazing bf (srs. he is awesome)
We have been together over 8 months now, and still going very strong, as though new! We wont be giving each other presents, just cards, and hanging out :] maybe go to the movies.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:09 pm
Well, I would say I didn't hate it, but I do. Not because of the concept in it, but because it's in my country too. It was U.S.A (I think), that started celebrating this thing, and now, Denmark has taken the day to them too. That's the reason I hate it, because that my country starts taking more and more American stuff into it, instead of keeping our ways and so on, it's rather annoying that we keep licking a** on U.S.A (No offense people), instead of just doing whatever we do.

That said, I do think the day is wonderful if you have someone or love someone, and if I had been in U.S.A while this day were there, I wouldn't mind it at all either, would be nice to try and see the Americans go all crazy because of it lol.

Superlicious-Applepie

2,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Phsycosomatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:13 pm
Oh it ' s sad how much hate goes twords the day ~
I know so many kids who hate it as well ,
but i find it another excuse to try to make people smile .
I ' ve never been with someone on valentines day ,
but that ' s more motivation to help out the single people . c:
I definatly go out , and try to do SOMETHING
that can get fellow Seattlites to let out a laugh ,
crack a smile , or try to turn the day around ~

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:49 am
I Nurse Naughty I
Well, I would say I didn't hate it, but I do. Not because of the concept in it, but because it's in my country too. It was U.S.A (I think), that started celebrating this thing, and now, Denmark has taken the day to them too. That's the reason I hate it, because that my country starts taking more and more American stuff into it, instead of keeping our ways and so on, it's rather annoying that we keep licking a** on U.S.A (No offense people), instead of just doing whatever we do.

I understand it. It's really a pain in the a** when your country starts to take holidays from another country (in my country vday is on august, but they took Halloween from USA, what has nothing to do with our culture)

Well, It' doesn't really bother me, about Vday. I spent it alone for 19 years xD and it'll be the same this year. I don't care. If I had someone I wouldn't mind to celebrate even if we didn't nothing big, just go for a walk xD But I think I could celebrate it in another day...  

Rhadi

Aged Noob

3,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50

XThe PumpkingX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 am
I disagree with the idea of it.

I dun like the idea of a single day wher eyou are expected to tell your mate that you love them, as well as show them with gifts, dinner arrangements, or some other kind of plan. it should be implied you love them every time you kiss, eveyr time you hug, everytime they hold your hand, and every time you look into there eyes XD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:53 am
Valintines day = Good day for chocolate and sex but that is about it  

BeastEuphoria

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200

Superlicious-Applepie

2,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:41 am
Rhadi
I Nurse Naughty I

I understand it. It's really a pain in the a** when your country starts to take holidays from another country (in my country vday is on august, but they took Halloween from USA, what has nothing to do with our culture)

Well, It' doesn't really bother me, about Vday. I spent it alone for 19 years xD and it'll be the same this year. I don't care. If I had someone I wouldn't mind to celebrate even if we didn't nothing big, just go for a walk xD But I think I could celebrate it in another day...

Lol I was close to say Halloween too, but I didn't since I thought it would be out of place in a discussion about V-day xD lol. But yeah ,it's the same with halloween here.
Anyway, V-day is good I suppose, for those that have someone to spend it with, but well, I just don't see the point in it. You can give gifts, chocolate, flowers, cards, whatever you want, every day on the year, why do we need to have a special day for that? Making it sound like it's illegal on the other days? Lol. Just my opinion ^^.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:03 pm
Lil sad I guess. I mean my dating was always all over the place and never having like a companion on Valentines kinda sucked. Lol now that I do have a partner and a perm one it's very nice..on the other hand she has strep throat and lady problems this weeks so valentines won't be like super romantic. We get to hold hands like we're 12 xd  

Beebo Brinker

etluhcs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Beebo Brinker
Lil sad I guess. I mean my dating was always all over the place and never having like a companion on Valentines kinda sucked. Lol now that I do have a partner and a perm one it's very nice..on the other hand she has strep throat and lady problems this weeks so valentines won't be like super romantic. We get to hold hands like we're 12 xd

this has nothing to do with anything, but i very much love your username. :]  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:15 pm
The only thing I dislike about Valentine's Day is that all my friends are busy and I end up sitting in my basement playing the Sims. I mean, I do that every day...but it's different on V Day. Bros before hoes, man.  

Dr. OCD

avenged_king

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:46 am
Miss Gaytastic
back in school I hated V day, because so many people would have flowers send to them during class ... but I never did. Not once. My friend sent me a pity rose once, but thats it.

After school I realised people only did it for the attention, so it didnt bother me too much.

ive only ever recived one Valentines day gift. (in 2006 my HORRIBLE bf of the time gave me a MEXICAN WALKING FISH) sigh.

But I have a feeling this valentines day will be lovely.
First V day with my amazing bf (srs. he is awesome)
We have been together over 8 months now, and still going very strong, as though new! We wont be giving each other presents, just cards, and hanging out :] maybe go to the movies.

Aw, that's the best. smile

To all of you that don't like it or will be alone: You aren't alone, you have friends and even if I am not online, feel free to message me. As long as you have friends, you aren't alone. I don't much like Valentines Day either, but you don't have to necissarily be with your significant other. =)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:12 pm
schulte
Beebo Brinker

lol thank you. I was actually suprised no one had it when I made this account xd  

Beebo Brinker

etluhcs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:05 pm
Beebo Brinker
schulte
Beebo Brinker

lol thank you. I was actually suprised no one had it when I made this account xd

i don't think a whole lot of people are familiar with beebo brinker, actually. :0  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:42 pm
schulte
Beebo Brinker
schulte
Beebo Brinker

i don't think a whole lot of people are familiar with beebo brinker, actually. :0

Well they should be. I remember getting just one of the books originally and it I liked her so much I got them all and read them really fast. I mean it's not uncommon for me to do that, just saying yeah..I liked it. ninja
We're naming the next dog Beebo

Beebo Brinker

etluhcs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:47 pm
Beebo Brinker
schulte
Beebo Brinker
schulte
Beebo Brinker

Well they should be. I remember getting just one of the books originally and it I liked her so much I got them all and read them really fast. I mean it's not uncommon for me to do that, just saying yeah..I liked it. ninja
We're naming the next dog Beebo

i've actually never read the beebo books, i can't find them anywhere. i've searched high and low. D:  
09. Chatterbox [Lounge]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff