Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
Tatsunoko Versus Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:56 am
Your Irish Twin Brother
nitnit
Your Irish Twin Brother
I don't remember the website. I just know that the... *Facepalm* I haven't used the gamespot reviews in so long I forgot it links the the reviews.

Oh yeah, it was the IGNorant review. Which surprised a lot op people since it was actually a good Wii review coming from an obvious PS360 Fan-boy reviewer.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/106/1062972p1.html

This guy literally said that this is one of the most balanced games since MvC2. Also this isn't an obvious "PS360 Fan-Boy", he simply says that the Wii has pretty much no other fighting games, which isn't far from the truth. This reviewer clearly liked TvC better than SF4 because it was flashier. While this is an understandable statement it shows nothing about character balance and other factors that make a fighting game good for high level play.

(In case you couldn't figure it out, MvC2 was extremely unbalanced. This guy clearly doesn't know much about high level fighting games. Also Brawl is hardly a fighting game, it requires extensive mods like Brawl+ to even be near the same category)

I love how Wii fanboys will make absurd statements to make their inferior system/games match up. And no, I'm not a "PS360 fanboy", I think the PC trumps all of the systems in most ways, and I own a Wii. In retrospect buying the Wii was a mistake.

90% of his Nintendo game reviews get bad scores. He also gave Modern Warfare Reflex a lower score than Call of Duty: WaW even though he claimed everything about the game was better.

Zombie Nazis > Nerfed port of CoD4  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:20 pm
Your Irish Twin Brother
nitnit
Your Irish Twin Brother
I don't remember the website. I just know that the... *Facepalm* I haven't used the gamespot reviews in so long I forgot it links the the reviews.

Oh yeah, it was the IGNorant review. Which surprised a lot op people since it was actually a good Wii review coming from an obvious PS360 Fan-boy reviewer.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/106/1062972p1.html

This guy literally said that this is one of the most balanced games since MvC2. Also this isn't an obvious "PS360 Fan-Boy", he simply says that the Wii has pretty much no other fighting games, which isn't far from the truth. This reviewer clearly liked TvC better than SF4 because it was flashier. While this is an understandable statement it shows nothing about character balance and other factors that make a fighting game good for high level play.

(In case you couldn't figure it out, MvC2 was extremely unbalanced. This guy clearly doesn't know much about high level fighting games. Also Brawl is hardly a fighting game, it requires extensive mods like Brawl+ to even be near the same category)

I love how Wii fanboys will make absurd statements to make their inferior system/games match up. And no, I'm not a "PS360 fanboy", I think the PC trumps all of the systems in most ways, and I own a Wii. In retrospect buying the Wii was a mistake.

90% of his Nintendo game reviews get bad scores. He also gave Modern Warfare Reflex a lower score than Call of Duty: WaW even though he claimed everything about the game was better.

Hmm. Well I don't really care about this particular incident enough to read both reviews, but I wouldn't be surprised if Activision slipped some money for the WaW review and didn't care as much for the Wii port. It's proven that some big publishers use various tactics to raise the metacritic scores of their big name games.

Alternatively you could be right, or simply misinterpreted the reviews.  

nitnit
Captain

Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas