Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
what do you think about other religions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:19 am
Mistress Moxy
Personally,I think if you want to be a part of a religion,you should choose Wicca,Satanism,or Taoism.Christianity..it basically contradicts itsself,as so do the people.Satanism is good,except I don't care for their "Laws" .

However,out of every religion I know of and could ever know,Wicca is my personal favorite and I just absolutely love it smile .

Why Satanism?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:29 am
I'm cool with other religions. I understand not everyone wants to be with my God and that's fine by me.

Looks like I already posted my response earlier. I don't get what is meant by "prove Christianity"? Besides most people believers and non-believers alike have a piss poor understanding of the religion anyway so it makes it incredibly difficult to have fruitful discussion especially when every party involved is trying to treat the mythos as if it were historical fact to "prove/disprove it" when it's just speculative at best or when people equate faith as "belief without evidence".  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 am
Mistress Moxy
Personally,I think if you want to be a part of a religion,you should choose Wicca,Satanism,or Taoism.Christianity..it basically contradicts itsself,as so do the people.Satanism is good,except I don't care for their "Laws" .

However,out of every religion I know of and could ever know,Wicca is my personal favorite and I just absolutely love it smile .

What tradition of Wicca are you an initiate of?

Edit:
I see you're not a member of the guild yet, and as such may not be aware of the guild's views on Wicca. If you intend to join or post here, you may wish to familiarize yourself with the stickied thread on Wicca on the main forum. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:49 am
I'm fine with any religion, though there are certain individuals who tend to be a bit gung-ho. Namely the ones that try to shove their religion down another's throat. The larger groups have more of them, but every religious group has them. It's a sad, sad fact.  

Elucidating Visions

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:07 pm
Morgandria
Mistress Moxy

What tradition of Wicca are you an initiate of?

Edit:
I see you're not a member of the guild yet, and as such may not be aware of the guild's views on Wicca. If you intend to join or post here, you may wish to familiarize yourself with the stickied thread on Wicca on the main forum. Thanks.
She freaked out in Something Magical when confronted about Wicca. She posted junk websites showing how we were the one's that had the definition of Wicca wrong.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:33 pm
rmcdra
She freaked out in Something Magical when confronted about Wicca. She posted junk websites showing how we were the one's that had the definition of Wicca wrong.

Well, she has the option of doing that, or flouncing, or working through the material and learning something. It's in her court. I feel I'd be remiss for not pointing out the sticky, however.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Bella Regina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:04 pm
I don't mind people of other faiths, just as long as they don't try to force their religion down my throat. If I know you're (general "you're) of a different religion and willing to tell me about it, don't come to me trying to convert me. I'll come to you if I'm interested.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:53 am
Sanguina Cruenta
I don't mind the Jehovas because if they don't do that they don't get into heaven.

Not all Jehovas are like that. Most people from any religion are not always trying to convert anyone to their religion.
I don't like when any religious belief is shoved at me, especially when there are so many 'beliefs' that have no basis. I occasionally think about other religions, mostly Catholicism because that's how I was raised. I figure if I have questions and there isn't a book good enough to read, I could always ask someone I know or a religious leader.  

Angel Bruja

Anya in Furs

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:17 pm
I don't take other people's religions too seriously. I don't bring it up especially if I'm not interested. Personally, I really dislike and detest Christians for my own reasons. How can I take Christianity seriously if its believers live in ignorance?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:51 am
Cosmic Divinity
I don't take other people's religions too seriously. I don't bring it up especially if I'm not interested. Personally, I really dislike and detest Christians for my own reasons. How can I take Christianity seriously if its believers live in ignorance?

What makes your religion more "serious" or "valid" than theirs? Generally, if you want others to take you seriously, you have to, at the very least, respect that their path is what works for them.

It's fine not to like a particular religion, especially if one has had a bad experience, however, making blanket statements like "its believers live in ignorance" probably isn't the best thing to do. Most Christians recognize that their religion isn't the be all and end all, and are accepting and tolerant of others. It's unfortunate, that there is a strong vocal minority (worse that there are a number of them in positions of power), who are ignorant and do work to impose their beliefs on others. So, it's important not do lump everyone all together, as that is not really the way that it is.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Wolfsblood90

Anxious Warrior

12,200 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:08 pm
I lightly study religions usually to try to find the 'grains of truth' I have read the laws to live by in many of the major religions and they all basically say don't treat people like garbage, which is kinda sad cause almost all of them have in the past. Of course most of the people doing that in a religions name i would not consider actual members of said religion but hay. stare  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games