Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
American animation cosplay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tantarian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 pm
inky_T.A.E.

It's not so bad, after all only anime cons want to stay Japan oriented and there are plently of other cons which are not just for anime that do not have such limitations, Comic-con and Geek con spring to mind. Also, some anime cons have sections for non-Japanese cos-players in their competitions.
For example Colossalcon's friday cos-play or Shuto con's interactive cos-play, which are open to everyone. 3nodding
I myself cos-play as GIR from invader Zim. cat_mrgreen
Oh wow, a GIR cosplayer? I'm planning a GIR cosplay myself :3

After GIR, I'm going to plan out and make a Skitty gijinka. I have no idea what I would want to do with that Skitty gijinka though, so I need to plan it out, and think of some designs :3

But I'm going to alter a hoodie for GIR's upper half. I'm going to alter, because this will be my first cosplay, and I have very little sewing experience.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:18 pm
I think cosplay from western animation are still cosplay & I like seeing them at cons. I haven't cosplayed any western animation at a con, but I'm hoping that I can cosplay Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians soon. I've cosplayed both Finn & Fionna from Adventure Time at skool tho.  

tattahitotsuyakusoku

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:56 pm
Yet another thread I can express an opinion so here goes:

Star Wars and Star Trek cosplays should be limited to Sci Fi cons

Comic book characters go to comic cons

Anime and video game characters go to Anime cons

But all in all, cosplay is cosplay no matter what area of pop culture  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:52 pm
To me cosplay is dressing as a character, in period clothing, or a Genre. That covers books, comics, shows, movies, historical periods, and stuff that does not follow the others like fantasy dress up and steampunk.

I do plan on cosplaying from western shows. I'd love to do Suki from Avatar. Not that Kiyoshi would be open as well. I also plan on making a Gryffindore HP outfit and Belle from Beauty and the Beast.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
-------- Cosplayers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash