Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Chat Forum [random chat and blah blah]
How has it affected you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you blame?
God.
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Yourself.
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Other.
75%
 75%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 44

The Original Error

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:15 am
I was invited to this guild yesterday. I don't have any family members who have suffered from any type of cancer, but my neighbor died of lung cancer last year. That was like losing a brother....  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:09 pm
Blaizekit
Meia15
My mother's friend's daughter had cancer, and I think she beat it.
My grandmother just recovered from stage 4 cancer (I can't remember which type though).

I equipped daffodils last year and I intend to do it again this year...
But the daffodil layering isn't right... User Image
User Image

The Deluxe bouquet is very glitchy. xP I'm going to post a warning about it on the first post of the TDM thread. Hopefully by doing that, people will donate fewer Deluxe bouquets so we won't be giving out nothing but glitchy ones. xD

The middle-sized and smallest ones are much better.

Cool avi, too. 3nodding We were just talking the other day about how the Zodiacal hair is perfect for the Cervical team.

I also made a post about it in the Bug Report forum, so hopefully they will see it and try to do something about it before April. 3nodding
If not, I'll probably just use the middle-sized one like you said. C:

And thanks! whee  

Meia15

Codebreaking Genius

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:29 pm
My mom had colon cancer. She survived but I had to help her around alot.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:42 pm
an old ballet teacher of mine had breast cancer, but she got through it. I think I was around 9 at that time so didn't really know what cancer was.
My grandpa who passed away a couple years ago was at severe risk of having lung cancer, as he smoked a lot, and possibly liver cancer, since he also drank excessively. He was told to give up drinking, which he took as beer and vodka, not wine -___-. He passed away soon after my mom visited him. I didn't really know him that well, so I can't say it really affected me.  

Brhabbit

_BonBon so sweet_

Romantic Noob

12,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:53 pm
i never lost someone to cancer...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:30 pm
my aunt had cancer, but that wasnt what took her life.  

Seteppe

Questionable Pal

16,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Jumper 500

shoiryuken

7,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:23 am
StarryEyedSkyler
My mom had colon cancer. She survived but I had to help her around alot.

what stage was it? my dad has stage 4 colon cancer... doctors said some of the tumors have started to shrink  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:09 am
Cancer has affected those whom I love: those who have over-come cancer and those who have not.

I've lost someone very dear to me - he was my best friend and father. He was diagnosed with colon cancer in April of 2005, and in June of 2005 he passed away. And I would be lying if I were to say I do not still struggle with that loss.

Through the years I have come to realise though, I should not curse God for taking him away... rather, be thankful for the time we were blessed to be together. I am so thankful for those moments together [good and bad], all the memories - they are truly priceless. And that in our prayers for mercy, He let him suffer no more.

To those who have lost those whom they love, and those that are currently fighting... My prayers are with you all. Much Love! Live Strong!

A special thank you to Blaizekit for inviting me to this guild.
I was very touched/ moved. Even as I type now my eyes fill with tears. Thank you.

neo_ninja

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Megathread 100

Something_Sunsets

5,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:24 am
I just recently found out that I may have cervical cancer. I also just recently had a son. He's four months old and my heart breaks when I think about the possibility of leaving him and his father alone. I've also seen many of my family members suffer. Some have survived, but many didn't make it. I miss them more with every day.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:03 pm
I can't remember if I've posted in here or not, but my mom is a cervical cancer survivor and my fiance has leukemia. He's really struggled with it the past three years. He's had two severe brain infection (fighting on right now and he's starting to beat it finally) because of being so neutropenic and having no immune system to fight crazy infections.

I've kept daffodils on my avatar ever since he was diagnosed and I've built my entire avatar solely around the daffodils.  

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

gum disease

Carnivore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:46 am
My grandfather's fighting cancer at the moment. sweatdrop
I've already lost a great aunt to breast cancer, I wish it'd just go away and stop ruining lives.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:39 am
My older sis is a survivor of leukemia!  

coolkirby8

3,350 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Chat Forum [random chat and blah blah]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash