Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gundams and Randomness!

Back to Guilds

A guild for anyone that loves mech, anime, or roleplaying, or even just being random! 

Tags: Anime, Mecha, Gundam, Roleplay, Close-knit 

Reply Mecha Discussion
Mecha, IRL: Doable, or no...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well, is it?
Yup
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Nope
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Only in certain situations
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Who cares? Not me.
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:32 pm
Obviously those aren't secret, then. But I am confident that no one is researching mecha, because the results would be useless. There's no reason for our tanks to take human form when they escape gravity. Also, plans for space fighter/bomber platforms are already being worked out. Anyways...none of you have given any reasoning or evidence beyond "I saw it in a Gundam cartoon," and "Well I think it is practical."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:49 pm
Silas Parrish
Obviously those aren't secret, then. But I am confident that no one is researching mecha, because the results would be useless. There's no reason for our tanks to take human form when they escape gravity. Also, plans for space fighter/bomber platforms are already being worked out. Anyways...none of you have given any reasoning or evidence beyond "I saw it in a Gundam cartoon," and "Well I think it is practical."

I have, with the carbon nanotubes with the physics and all that.  

Frog Apocalypse
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:55 pm
You haven't said bunk about physics. You only mentioned carbon nanotubes, but completely neglected the fact that those are still a pipe dream. Tough and tiny they may be, but they are horrendously difficult to manufacture, and they can only exist when the string of molecules are just microns in length. They can't be chained together. Besides, you can't make the whole thing out of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:02 pm
I don't think you want to believe that new materials can be made in the next hundred years. Nobody knows what will happen, I'm saying it is just a possibility that mecha can be made.  

Frog Apocalypse
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:55 pm
And I think you don't want to believe your beloved Gundam is just a TV show. I never said it wasn't possible. I said it wasn't practical. There's no reason to pursue such a path of research. Wanting or not wanting to believe something does not change the cold, hard facts. Answer me with those, and not opinions and snide remarks.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:19 pm
Dude it's a privet invester not the milatarey.
And the question was if it was doable not if it was practical and stuff. i was too lazy to actualy go to the presontation, i wasn't felling good and didn't feel like surching for the room and stuff. But i have the little pamflet with all the stuff, and i did get a pic of it cause i was focesing mor on the man but thay actuly had a part of the thing there. I can't rember what part it was thow.  

Where is Carmen Sandiego

Unstoppable Genius

35,025 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Married 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Silas Parrish
Vice Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:31 pm
I find it very hard to take you seriously when you spell like that. And the original title was "Doable," but if you read the first post you'll see that we were originally talking about practicality. Specifically, for military applications.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:27 pm
well good luck to the sucker that is wasting his money investing in the hopeless project if he or she is really doing this rofl  

Mr_BlueCamo

Ty Gwynnia
Vice Captain

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:40 pm
...I'ma just back away now...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:16 pm
I say for all we know... is that anything can happen in the future razz we might not have mecha or we will it all depends on what happens. i mean most descoverys and inventions are made by an aciedent O_o(sorry if i miss spell words i no good in English im Chinese xD) So anyway <.<' we might not find anything to make mecha available, or we might come up with some thing that will make mecha a need. i like taking the nuetral side :3 but it would be cool to have an actual mecha. but i would be happy if i got to see the RX Gundam 1:1 scale at Tokeyo xD i mean that thing is huge! xD wish they make other Gundam series  

Takamiki

4,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
Mecha Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items