Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Crossplay..is it wrong? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:14 pm
SakuraRico
K master of flames
SakuraRico
Is cosplaying a genderless character considered crossplay? I'mma do Bomberman classic version, and it's just a robot XD

Wanna see how I look with the morphsuit to be used for bomberman? Prepare the bleach for your eyes....

facebook.com/sakurarico My display pic <.<
oh gawd LOL, how much did it cost you? I need a purple one 4 a Voldo (soul calibur 2)

It costs around US$50, forgot how much was shipping, but it was inexpensive. I also got pink shoe covers for bomberman.

the website is morphsuits.com , and the facebook group goes by the same name. Really helpful guys and nice too.

They don't ship everywhere though, I had to get mine shipped to a friend in the USA (fedex) and she then mailed it to me. And when I made the order like at 10AM, by noon it had already shipped O__O

I dunno if they have purple, but they suggest for colors or designs, to just get a white one and take it to a tincture shop I think they are called.
Oh cool, last time I saw some at Anime Expo 4 about the same price, except they did not have purple and I was not really thinking of making the Voldo cosplay  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:10 am
Why would it be wrong?
Also what's right and wrong is merely an opinion.  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

corazon no rufuran

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:25 pm
i dont think crossplay is wrong. its fine by me. i havent done it. yet :3  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:20 pm
Let's be honest...guys who crossplay get more girls than guys that dont...Same goes for girls who crossplay  

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:20 pm
I've never really been harassed for crossplaying, and it's pretty much all I do. I think I've ever only been 3 female anime characters in my 11 years of cosplaying. What can I say, most of my favourite characters are male, and I cosplay my favourite characters. There have been a couple of instances where I have been told I should bind my chest or so (I don't because I am fairly well endowed up there and it's painful), but other than that, I'm a female, cosplaying a male, and no one cares. I've had numerous people ask for pictures, I can only imagine they're not offended.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:05 am
I don't think anything is wrong with crossplaying, unless it's a joke or offensive. I've done it many times with binding.  

HirotoSumi

Friendly Friend

36,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

Minak0

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:20 pm
I am actually a male, and I crossplay female characters, because female characters look alot better and more fun to cosplay than most males. Most males tend to be shounen-type show characters, or just typical school uniform/suit sort of things going on. Not to mention, I am transgendered, so crossplay ftw!! =D  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:55 pm
Mom was actually against my crossplaying in the beginning.
First day at a con, I wore a skirt.
Got clocked as a boy in a skirt.
[Note that this was back when I was 16 and had no idea what transgender was]

And there's actually nothing wrong with crossplaying. It's a way for some to express themselves by which they might not be able to.  

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

Naughty Little Fox

Sweet Slayer

23,850 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:37 pm
Crossplayers are awesome, nothing wrong with it at all~  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:18 pm
there is nothing wrong with crossplaying. im female and i manly cosplay male character because that's what i look best as, plus im not very comfortable with most female outfits neutral

i also have met some really awesome crossplayers that are males that i would have never thought they were male. i remember one time at a con my friend and i saw a link and totally freaked out over how perfect link was, only to find out she was female. oh the things that where said before we knew *shakes head*  

MomoShino

Dainty Plague

ll_ShadowsOfANightmare_ll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:28 am
In my opinion, i think crossplaying for guys it's a bit more difficult than it is for girls. Doable, but a bit more difficult. I have no problem with it. I crossplay myself for a good portion of the cons i attend.

Best part about crossplay, yaoi cross over photos XD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:13 am
People who I've heard insults from are: Over-religious, misinformed, or jealous.

When someone tells you it's wrong then ask why. If they are religious, just say that's your opinion. Misinformed just need a correction, and jealous people can kiss your ***.

Otherwise a lot of people thing it's cool and while dressed in cosplay my friend and I have been called out for pictures, stalked (by a Naruto fan who was a kid), and asked about why we do it and did we make it.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:06 pm
No, what's wrong and right in the world are merely opinions.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:46 am
I crossplay, so i guess thats me saying i dont think its wrong.  

lilly91223

Shirtless Hunter

5,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Earyn

Eloquent Dabbler

17,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:38 pm
I don't think it is. I've crossplayed a few characters. It's all in fun. 3nodding  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff