Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Game Assistance and Talk
how would you explain .hack games to someone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fk12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:03 pm
@Greevur-

We can be cool kids together. One day, when I'm not lazy and feel like tracking down all the fragments, I'm totally going to try translating it into German.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:40 am
Tay Lorien
No one's ever asked me to explain it.

tell me.

But, on a more relevant note,

me neither.  

The Wild Hunt

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:53 am
fk12
@Greevur-

We can be cool kids together. One day, when I'm not lazy and feel like tracking down all the fragments, I'm totally going to try translating it into German.

Part of the job is done for you. The fragment at the beginning of Infection is already in German.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:52 pm
The Fall is Inevitable
Tay Lorien
No one's ever asked me to explain it.

tell me.

But, on a more relevant note,

me neither.

tell you what? recaps?

*Massive spoilers in white*
Quote:

AI Buster (novels): How Balmung and Orca beat the One sin, and adventures in debugging with Albireo. Later, the girl who eventually plays Black Rose in LOTT plays her first ever pc.

Sign(anime): Tsukasa meets infant AI Aura, who's hiding from her evil mom while she matures, and won't let him/her logout, and Tsukasa's real self is in a coma. Other people play the game, and try to help him/her. Oh, and Tsukasa has a weird dumbbell like guardian with a bracelet in the center.

Zero(japanese manga): Events connected to people falling into comas.

IMOQ: Kite's friend Orca goes comatose. It's all connected to 8 phases of Aura's mom Morganna, who's still trying to kill her, although she's a little taller now, and has given Kite a bracelet with the same power as the phases. Other people play the game, and try to help Kite. Also throw in Cubia, a weird skull-and-tentacle monster that is connected to the bracelet.

XXXX: IMOQ, except Cubia is a bishounen boy most of the time.

LOTT:
*Anime- kids take over the PCs of Kite and Black Rose (the main female interest of IMOQ). Aura is back, main enemy is a vagrant AI named Morti and a bunch of hackers.
*Manga-kids take over the PCs of Kite and Black Rose, except the main enemy seems to be Kamui, who is a debugger of sorts. Kite and Black Rose have to protect Zefie, Aura's daughter, until she reunites with her mother.

Roots(anime): Main char Haseo joins the Twilight Brigade, a clan looking for a mysterious object in the World. Other plots abound. He falls for Shino, a girl in the clan, but then she goes into a coma. He thinks some weird form of Kite caused it, and becomes a player-killer-killer to find out info. The anime ends before anything is resolved, leading into the games.

Cell(novels): Happens during Roots. Midori is a female pc who gets paid to be attacked. She finds out there is an irl Midori in a coma, and starts to wonder if she is only an AI.

GU: Haseo is reset to level 1 by Azure Kite. Haseo gains allies somehow. Haseo finds out he and others have the phases of IMOQ inside their pcs, and now have their powers. They fight people with black dots (infections). They fight people in arenas, who become their friends. They fight each other. They laugh, they cry, they cower in fear. They fight old friends. And then you find out the comas are caused by the infected players, and the main villain is trying to find Aura to reset the world, so that his sister (or in the manga, daughter) can recover from a coma caused by his own dot infection.

*Alcor: little manga about a girl pc who wants to be cool, with cameos by some of the GU players.
*GU+ manga: same, but it gets more into the love triangle between Haseo and the two Harvest Clerics, Shino and Atoli. Also, after the regular end, there is another enemy, who is stealing all the avatar powers for himself, until Cubia shows up.
*GU novels: same, but the avatars show up as weapons.

*4koma: comic strips manga that shows what would happen if Haseo met the original Kite, if Atoli was a Twin Blade, and many other messed up events.

Link: Throw a boy named Tokio into the newest version of the World without any powers, and see what happens. Bring back characters from all of the previous events (except LOTT apparently).

Is that sufficient?  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100

kimiko Miko

Dedicated Gaian

22,125 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • November Memories 25
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:49 am
Kenshi13
I would give them the first game and be like play it and then you'll understand. c:

I agree !  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:36 pm
Somehow I ended up in the same sitch yesterday. In my history class we somehow got onto the topic of videogames, and I was asked my fave. I tried explaining to my teacher for 10 minutes before being like "okay, you no what? I'll bring the case in tomorrow -.-" (I did, but he had a sub. Wimp xP )  

silentgrace7

Demonic Spirit

17,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Beta Contributor 0

FF13_Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:16 pm
Someone saw me reading a book on dot hack and they thought it was a book about hacking so I called them an idiot. Not much explaining there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:42 pm
How I explain to people on what .hack is, is quite simple and very dumbed down, "It's like a MMO, which is free".  

Aria_Knight_Lyrac

4,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
Game Assistance and Talk

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items