7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:39 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Sgt Buckner
Requiem in Mortis
I love hearing people complain about the grenade launcher on the AKS-74u.

I have to ask, though, is that grenade launcher bolt-action? It looks like there's a small bolt on the back of it.

Sort of. You need to cycle the bolt, but manually insert the grenade like with a rifle grenade.
Yea, I got that. I meant to cycle the blank cartridges.
its that weird silenced grenade launcher.

I wouldnt be surprised it the cartridges it takes to fire the greanade are anything like the "silenced ammunition" that the PSS pistol takes.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:40 pm
finally played blackops last night btw

was good. could have been longer  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:39 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
Sgt Buckner
Requiem in Mortis

I have to ask, though, is that grenade launcher bolt-action? It looks like there's a small bolt on the back of it.

Sort of. You need to cycle the bolt, but manually insert the grenade like with a rifle grenade.

I wouldnt be surprised it the cartridges it takes to fire the greanade are anything like the "silenced ammunition" that the PSS pistol takes.
Well, they're blanks, and grenades don't exactly need a lot of pressure to fire, so it's possible. I still don't get the point of a "suppressed grenade launcher", though. It's not like launchers make a whole lot of noise to begin with.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:56 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
Sgt Buckner
Requiem in Mortis

Well, they're blanks, and grenades don't exactly need a lot of pressure to fire, so it's possible. I still don't get the point of a "suppressed grenade launcher", though. It's not like launchers make a whole lot of noise to begin with.
I do remember that most American 40mm's make a sound not unlike clapping your hand over the end of a piece of PVC pipe, which is quiet enough to be hidden by normal conversation. I really don't see a need to silence it any further than that, if such a thing is even possible.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:45 am
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
Sgt Buckner
Requiem in Mortis

I do remember that most American 40mm's make a sound not unlike clapping your hand over the end of a piece of PVC pipe, which is quiet enough to be hidden by normal conversation. I really don't see a need to silence it any further than that, if such a thing is even possible.
thats a hollywood myth thats gotten wayyy out of hand. I used to think the same thing too before firing a 203 at BCT.

its loud enough to need hearing protection (outside of combat) and it's recoil is almost like a shotgun.

the virtue of making it quiet is that it can take a while for a slow moving grenade to hit a far away spot. if a group of targets scatter to cover because they hear something that sounds like a gunshot before it even gets there it might end up being wasted.
not a bad idea really  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:53 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis

thats a hollywood myth thats gotten wayyy out of hand. I used to think the same thing too before firing a 203 at BCT.

its loud enough to need hearing protection and it's recoil is comparable to a shotgun.
Oh, well let me go stab myself in the ******** face for believing Mac. Because I totally deserve it.

I did know it had significant recoil... I remember a YouTube video of some Scandinavian soldier putting himself on his a** firing a 203.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:09 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis

its loud enough to need hearing protection and it's recoil is comparable to a shotgun.
Oh, well let me go stab myself in the ******** face for believing Mac. Because I totally deserve it.

I did know it had significant recoil... I remember a YouTube video of some Scandinavian soldier putting himself on his a** firing a 203.
lol nah, those guys were just being silly. isnt so bad. kinda 308 / shotgun - ish
been a few years so cant remember so well.

around that area. its a big heavy damn 40mm sized thing it has to propel so it has to need a bit of powder, and its going to put a bit of backward force  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff